Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:17:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't buy RAM, not enough CPU. Can't borrow CPU, not enough RAM. Why EOS sucks.  (Read 150 times)
iconoclast (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 04:53:56 AM

Have an EOS account that I created with the recommended amount of Ram and CPU. Tried to do my first EOS transaction and my tokens are stuck because I am caught in a RAM/CPU catch 22. Looking for any suggestions about how I can increase my RAM or CPU.

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 05:40:35 AM

you cannot increase your ram cpu online
you need additional hardware for it
anyway give it some time and it should confirm on its own
if not
use a third party wallet application
import your eos wallet and then try to make another transaction if it fails
iconoclast (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 05:52:43 AM

Found a work around. An application that let me purchase additional ram with another cryptocurrency. https://eos-account-creator.com/
EOS still sucks. I had to use Ethereum to fix EOS flaws.

jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 06:05:36 AM

if not

I've tried to fix my EOS wallet issue which is identical to the problems that OP is facing, are you saying the CPU can increase if it's on hardware like PC or Laptop? Can you please drop me a process or tutor?

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 06:17:56 AM

I'm in the same shoe as you, I just let go of my EOS coins since I can't send out to Exchanges anymore due to lack of Ram and CPU, I guess I choose wrongly, I'm just wondering how EOS become very popular with this type of hard to operate wallet

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 09:33:26 AM

EOS have disappoint many of their fans already, its still the same old issue and the team don't bother to fix it, if care is not taken the coin will lose its rank and fall down, CPU regeneration should work on phones without hardware, many don't use PC this days

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
julerz12
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1108

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2020, 10:29:37 AM

if not

LMAO. He's not talking about actual hardware CPU and RAM that you see in laptops or PC's.
On EOS Blockchain, by definition, CPU refers to the processing power you can use on the EOS network while RAM is used to store data in the blockchain.
Anybody can increase their CPU and RAM by buying and staking resources using various wallets such as Scatter, EOS voter or EOSToolKit.
There are some websites as well that offers free CPUs like Bloks.io. You can use their website to stake more CPU into your account.

To OP, You can read more info about it [HERE]

Besanciahime

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 02:04:39 PM

I had the same issue since 1 year and completly forgot about my account because of that. Today I've faced it again, but I was very decided to fix my problem. Here was my account situation :

Balance of 3.32 EOS available
61% of the RAM used - 12.19 KB / 20.03 KB
100+% of the CPU used - 3.01ms / 157µs - 1.3 EOS staked
0% of the NET used - 672 Bytes / 518.25 KB - 0.5 EOS staked

This Reddit post gave me the solution :

If you still have some NET you'll be able to use the "Forget mode" from Tocken Pocket. This mode cost 0.12 EOS at least but will allow you extra CPU.

I've payed it twice, I had 134ms to use.

This extra was enough for me to stake 2 more EOS for CPU, and now my wallet is back to normal Smiley

My balance is now

Balance of 0.84 EOS available
61% of the RAM used - 12.19 KB / 20.03 KB
37% of the CPU used - 124µs / 331µs - 3.3 EOS staked
0% of the NET used - 121 Bytes / 518.25 KB - 0.5 EOS staked (it went to 0% after 15min but was at 100% after the operation above)

Hope it will help Smiley
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 02:32:54 PM

I think you can send your EOS base token or your EOS coin without RAM, CPU, NET using Scatter Wallet on Bloks.io it has offered 5 free transactions in there just import your Eos account on Scatter wallet and log in on Blocks.io and then you are on, I've done this many times already and its working so far. you should try it.
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 05:21:47 PM

Initially when EOS launched, I believed so much in the project that it will solve scalability issues of existing blockchains prior to its launch. But I still don't get it, why do I keep having RAM and CPU issues up till date, sometimes before sending out a token I need to rent more CPU, this doesn't make much sense as OP mentioned. I still believe in future there will be an upgrade that will curb all these. If anyone has a better EOS wallet suggestion on mobile, let me know, I use EOSLYNX.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: