Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:15:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Discussion] X-Raying Paid Tipsters Services  (Read 438 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 09:33:27 PM
Merited by DarkStar_ (5), SyGambler (2), tyKiwanuka (1)

E-sports tipsters on the rise you think?

didn't find anyone really worth following, the screenhot that I posted in my last post here was for an esport-tipster and he was doing the best in blogabet in April but obviously he is so bad and clearly doesn't even know how to manage his roll

I joined Rand for premium but service is still new and can't judge before 3 months or so ,  according to my past experiences with esports I don't really have high hopes tho

there are plenty of good tipsters in blogabet but there isn't a single good one with esports , based on that I think it's pretty much impossible to find a good one since blogabet is the most popular platform for tipsters

Oh, you joined Rand's VIP group too? So, you already read his message regarding the future of his paid group? Apparently, the past days have been rough in his Esports pick. These are the numbers that he provided to us:

• ROI = -20.95%
  • Profit = -31 units

He's planning to stop his group for now and return all the payments that he got from us for this month. I think, he's still waiting for the vote of the majority (whether to continue or pause for a little bit) and he stated that he would like to focus on his free picks. Gotta be honest, the Esports games have been very cranky.  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tyKiwanuka (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670

#birdgang

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 10:20:33 PM
Merited by SyGambler (2)

Thanks for the feedback, just today I was thinking about asking you for some updates regarding his service and how it's going. Quite surprised to see the paid picks going so bad, because the free tips in his thread were going well from what I observed. I even followed some of his free picks, when I was able to see them in time and odds were still good - went break-even with them, which is ok. 

I still like the work he is putting in and he seems very knowledgeable. Him planning to return the payments is very noble and a nice gesture. As I mentioned earlier, the bookmakers surely put some more effort into e-Sports during these times and players/teams playing from home changed the game a bit too.

Then I guess you have a lot of e-Sport newbies, that are good bettors in another realm, but switched to e-Sports lately. From what I experienced, when you "learn" a new sport, in the beginning you are doing pretty good betting-wise, maybe even better than someone who bets that sport for ages. I thought a lot about this and I guess it's because you have no bias and no information and memory overflow in your head already. You just see the facts and don't have to consider a thousand things from the past, that make you having doubts about certain bets and their value - you have better focus and a clearer picture. I don't know the english word for it, but online translator says "routine-blinded" for it, maybe that makes sense. So maybe for him not only the competition from the bookmakers got more fierce, but also from his fellow punters. Or just variance mixed up with some additional pressure when going paid with your tips Wink

.....wie die Zeit fliegt.....
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 03:26:50 AM

Oh, you joined Rand's VIP group too? So, you already read his message regarding the future of his paid group? Apparently, the past days have been rough in his Esports pick. These are the numbers that he provided to us:

sorry for some reason I missed the mention , yeah didn't go well at all
to be honest I feel it's due to betting heavy favorites a lot and I never seen any good tipster who constantly pick shitty odds except one guy who was betting ITF which is so shady and easy to beat , I'm mainly joining esports services just to see how the tipsters think about the games cause I'm still newbie in esports and some services even when they are doing bad can help you somehow understand the game

at the same time I started enjoying betting csgo a lot but I'm always going for high odds bets , kinda finding so far that if you go against the public you will find a lot of value and more than any other regular sport
what I have been doing recently is watching and betting live , there are several games where you see an equal performance between two teams but the books still heavily underestimating the weaker team

so for esports I guess from now on I will only follow tipsters who have at least 1.9 avg odds with over 1000 sample size

BTW since bundesliga is resuming and mostly likely others will follow , please guys start sharing your findings here  Smiley
tyKiwanuka (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670

#birdgang

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 10:34:33 AM

at the same time I started enjoying betting csgo a lot but I'm always going for high odds bets , kinda finding so far that if you go against the public you will find a lot of value and more than any other regular sport what I have been doing recently is watching and betting live , there are several games where you see an equal performance between two teams but the books still heavily underestimating the weaker team

Live-betting/-trading offers just so much more value. I am doing my betting 95% inplay nowadays, because rarely you will find the same value pre-match that you will find inplay (even for the same game). On rare occasions you might miss out on some good pre-match odds, because of some early action - like goal in the first 5 minutes of a football match - but in 90% of the cases, you will find better odds inplay for your pre-match picks. No matter what were your leans. So you will miss out a few good bets, but this more than evens out with the additional value and/or higher odds you are able to find live.

That being said, this approach is way more time consuming of course, because you are glued to your computer and TV while looking for opportunities. You can't just go out and enjoy the good weather like you can/could do with a pre-match bet. And it's of course difficult to transfer to a paid tipping service. An inplay tipping service might work ok-ish with slow games like football, but already Tennis is a hard task. Not sure how fast the odds move e-Sports, but I guess pretty fast, so probably not doable as well. 

I know there are some inplay tipping services via Telegram, Whatsapp or whatever, but you are working with small margins, so it's really important to always or on average get the same odds as the tipster. This is not easy inplay in fast sports.

Not paid, but in an austrian betting forum, they have the so called "Spezies", where users post their picks for free and keep track of them. Most of them are doing poor and give up after a short period of time, but there are also some cracks. One user specialized in icelandic and baltic football and is doing very good with it. You would have to register an account in the forum to be able to see the threads, but everything else is for free. It's in german, but easy to understand what are his picks.

Baltic football
Icelandic football

Don't get confused with the units. In the past you would start with 1000 units and crawl your way up (or not Grin). They then changed the system and everyone starts their "Spezi" with zero and goes on from there. With baltic football he is +747.28 units and with icelandic football +759.01 units in a 1-10 staking system.

.....wie die Zeit fliegt.....
emlujnab

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 08:59:42 PM

great thread thanks for making it , tried to post my results in the past with the tipsters I follow but the majority of them weren't on bitcointalk and it was really time consuming so decided to stop
really hoping that everyone here will start questioning these tipsters so we can all be sure that there is a good tracked amount of picks with no manipulation

was hoping for a discussion regarding tagging paid tipsters who don't track properly as well
I would really like to have alook at your experience with them even if they are not in bitcointalk
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 10:08:05 PM

I would really like to have alook at your experience with them even if they are not in bitcointalk

if you have access to the popular books that aren't bitcoin then you can follow tons of the good services in blogabet ( especially if you can get bet365 accounts )

here is a great guy to follow , he specializes in German and Austrian football but most of the value comes from the obscure amateur leagues and most of the times you won't find these games with the bitcoin sites
he does tip some bundesliga , champions league and europa league but value is nowhere close to the amateur ones
https://francobegbie.blogabet.com/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: