Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:38:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ERC20 Wallet Address  (Read 1516 times)
VIP BTC

Activity: 375
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 05:08:14 PM

Hi,
Sorry I am new to the Crypto world.
Trying to find out more details on the ERC20 Wallet Address and how Do I get one.
Is the ERC20 Wallet Address the same as the Etherium wallet address which I can get on coinbase.com?

Thanks

Welcome to the Bitcointalk forum. Hopefully this forum can be useful for you, and can learn a lot about crypto.
I think the Ethereum address on Coinbase and on other wallets is the same. However, Coinbase wallets do not support all ERC20s. I think you better use the Ethereum address found in MyEtherWallet. MyEtherWallet support for all ERC20. So don't use anything else to store ERC20 tokens if you don't really understand them.
Url: https://www.myetherwallet.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Axelseseclevz

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 05:18:37 PM

Hi,
Trying to find out more details on the ERC20 Wallet Address and how Do I get one.
Is the ERC20 Wallet Address the same as the Etherium wallet address which I can get on coinbase.com?

Thanks
Yes,but much better if you can use Myetherwallet because it was the best and trusted ERC20 ethereum wallet ever since. Also using Myetherwallet ,you have full accountability with your wallet because you will have your own password and private to make your funda safe.

MEXC Português  |  Trade Anywhere with the MEXC App
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      MEXC.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 05:53:01 PM

There are so many wallets out there supporting Erc20 based tokens , in the wallet you have different erc20 tokens with different addresses. Trust wallet supports ethereum based tokens, imtoken, myetherwallet , coinomi, Atomic wallet and alot of others  the mobile Apps are on google play store and App store. Go and check them out and download anyone of your choice . I use imtoken.

Point of correction, in a wallet supporting ERC20 tokens, no matter the amount of tokens, all the tokens use one unique ERC20 address. For instance same ETH address copied to receive ETH will be same for any ERC20 token like BZRX or USDT (ERC20 version). So in essence you just need your main ETH address to receive any other erc20 token in that wallet and not otherwise.
Moeda

Activity: 1524
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 07:36:08 AM

Hi,

Thanks

Hello, ethereum address is different from the addresses of erc20 tokens,

Actually the Ethereum address is no different from the ERC20 address. The Ethereum address also supports ERC20. But the problem is he uses a wallet that limits all ERC20 tokens. If someone sends an ERC20 token to the Ethereum exchange wallet, then their token will enter the wallet, but Exchange does not support it, so it does not appear in the balance.
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 09:10:21 AM

Hi,

Thanks

Hello, ethereum address is different from the addresses of erc20 tokens,

Actually the Ethereum address is no different from the ERC20 address. The Ethereum address also supports ERC20. But the problem is he uses a wallet that limits all ERC20 tokens. If someone sends an ERC20 token to the Ethereum exchange wallet, then their token will enter the wallet, but Exchange does not support it, so it does not appear in the balance.

that's why if you follow the airdrop or bounty they always ask for an unrelated address or the address you normally use is exchanged other than what you mentioned earlier.
You also do not have access to the address.
bonyaserg

Activity: 1876
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 09:39:36 AM

I personally recommend that all beginners feel free to register an Ether wallet for themselves, which will serve as an excellent tool for realizing financial transactions. There are a lot of video tutorials that easily and correctly tell you about registering an Ethereum wallet.
Anonymous100

Activity: 423
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 08:00:23 PM

Hi,

Thanks

Most of the crypto (Tokens) are ERC20. And each ERC20 token then uses the Ethereum platform. Ethereum Address and ERC20 Address are the same. But the difference is in the wallet you use. If the wallet does not support ERC20, then do not send ERC20 tokens, they will not confirm, even if your token is sent. Unless the wallet is available a private key. So you can get a private key for access at MEW.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 06:17:42 PM

yes,erc20 and ethereum wallets are almost same thing. Ethereum is the main chain and erc20 is just a standrad in that chain. There are many wallets available where you can create ethereum wallets. but I strongly suggest you to go for myetherwallet. Most of the people start with them. they are easy to use, and they also have a good tutorial for how to create wallets. And if you have any other choice you can go with it.just go for any wallets which supports all the ethereum standrads and all eth based coins.

swordking

Activity: 449

swordking

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 07:21:53 PM

yes,erc20 and ethereum wallets are almost same thing. Ethereum is the main chain and erc20 is just a standrad in that chain. There are many wallets available where you can create ethereum wallets. but I strongly suggest you to go for myetherwallet. Most of the people start with them. they are easy to use, and they also have a good tutorial for how to create wallets. And if you have any other choice you can go with it.just go for any wallets which supports all the ethereum standrads and all eth based coins.
Actually, most of the users have been making the use of myetherwallet because it's reliable and easy to use the thing. I would strongly recommend this to all the noobs who want to create an ERC-20 wallet address. MEW would be always greater and secure choice for ERC-20 address. 

my account was hacked by moondefi since past few years。 the moondefi is a scam, be careful!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: