Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:21:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A recap of 2019 crypto scams  (Read 267 times)
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 11:00:35 AM

I remember reading in 2018 about a scam list that had some projects in there where the team was still in existence and still listed and still ongoing, I guess you can say the same thing about your list, which is why some teams are running against you.

I think we have to first define exactly what is a scam to make it clear.

Just because a company has not run away with money does not make them NOT a scam,,, right?

So that is my suggestion,,, make a definition for what you see is a scam first:)
Last year put a different view for scam in the space; we saw more exit scam yet coin on big exchanges and trade on speculation , exchange hack with inside team members involvement. Scam in ICO was more of not getting exchange but now they get listed and proceed to flooding token in market and manipulation at varying level. We are still suffering from the bad sentiment from the scam both from ICO and exchanges

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onyavin (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 01:16:17 PM

I remember reading in 2018 about a scam list that had some projects in there where the team was still in existence and still listed and still ongoing, I guess you can say the same thing about your list, which is why some teams are running against you.

Just because a company has not run away with money does not make them NOT a scam,,, right?

So that is my suggestion,,, make a definition for what you see is a scam first:)
Last year put a different view for scam in the space; we saw more exit scam yet coin on big exchanges and trade on speculation , exchange hack with inside team members involvement. Scam in ICO was more of not getting exchange but now they get listed and proceed to flooding token in market and manipulation at varying level. We are still suffering from the bad sentiment from the scam both from ICO and exchanges

There is a difference for sure because there are no ICOs these days but the ICO scams were replaced mostly with IEO scams which are are controlled and managed by scam exchanges among others.

There are too many non regulated exchanges who had an exit scam and I am afraid we will see more of that.
tukagero

Activity: 994
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 04:10:57 PM

There is a difference for sure because there are no ICOs these days but the ICO scams were replaced mostly with IEO scams which are are controlled and managed by scam exchanges among others.

There are too many non regulated exchanges who had an exit scam and I am afraid we will see more of that.
so what will you expect , scams are everywhere as long as there is huge amount of money  involve scams cant be  defeated. Not only ico and ieo are scams ,even exchanges too.

Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 12:15:57 PM

We saw a lot of scams in 2019. As we prepare for what’s sure to be an exciting 2020 for cryptocurrency and the world in general, let’s take a look back at the various scams and schemes that Cointelligence reported on last year.

Click here to read more:
https://www.cointelligence.com/content/crypto-scam-recap-2019/

Nice article, thanks for sharing this! As it's stated in article people should be really careful where they
deposit money, in which exchange, and extremely careful when investing in IEO's on shady excganges.
   Many fake projects, scams are everywhere around. I am careful and non of this scams didn't affect me
and I hope I will make good decision in the future too. Good research, talking with other people, taking
advises from experience people are needed if you want to avoid making mistakes, with one word research!

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
onyavin (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2020, 06:32:37 AM

We saw a lot of scams in 2019. As we prepare for what’s sure to be an exciting 2020 for cryptocurrency and the world in general, let’s take a look back at the various scams and schemes that Cointelligence reported on last year.

Click here to read more:
https://www.cointelligence.com/content/crypto-scam-recap-2019/

Nice article, thanks for sharing this! As it's stated in article people should be really careful where they
deposit money, in which exchange, and extremely careful when investing in IEO's on shady excganges.
   Many fake projects, scams are everywhere around. I am careful and non of this scams didn't affect me
and I hope I will make good decision in the future too. Good research, talking with other people, taking
advises from experience people are needed if you want to avoid making mistakes, with one word research!

Thanks!
rudin123

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 03:38:41 AM

for that must always be careful in investing, always choose projects with top exchanges such as binance, okex and others, because if they do IEO in a large market means the project is good because registering IEO in a large market is not easy
onyavin (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 05:03:42 AM

for that must always be careful in investing, always choose projects with top exchanges such as binance, okex and others, because if they do IEO in a large market means the project is good because registering IEO in a large market is not easy

Agreed but with regards to the well known exchanges you mentioned they wont discolse the information so no one really knows if funds were actually raised and if they were what are the exact amounts. At least we havent seen any evidence until today.
JaoBadjap

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2020, 03:49:06 AM

im just sick and tired of scam.
its really deflecting to the whole crypto world.
which for some reason doesn't attract new people and branding crypto as a scam in overall
onyavin (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 05:58:59 AM

im just sick and tired of scam.
its really deflecting to the whole crypto world.
which for some reason doesn't attract new people and branding crypto as a scam in overall

For sure. I need to explain people we are not all criminals and there are good people in the industry actually trying to change the world.

But there are new people coming in dont worry it will change Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: