Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:51:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A recap of 2019 crypto scams  (Read 267 times)
onyavin (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 03:45:32 PM
Merited by Symmetrick (1)

We saw a lot of scams in 2019. As we prepare for what’s sure to be an exciting 2020 for cryptocurrency and the world in general, let’s take a look back at the various scams and schemes that Cointelligence reported on last year.

Click here to read more:
https://www.cointelligence.com/content/crypto-scam-recap-2019/
julerz12
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1121

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2020, 01:09:39 AM

We saw a lot of scams in 2019. As we prepare for what’s sure to be an exciting 2020 for cryptocurrency and the world in general, let’s take a look back at the various scams and schemes that Cointelligence reported on last year.

Click here to read more:
Seeing as your posts mainly consist of links pointing into such website, I say this is a shill post.  Roll Eyes
Also, isn't it a bit late for you guys to be doing a recap of what happened in 2019? Isn't that usually done at the end of the year and, not in the 2nd quarter of the following year? LMAO
Well anyways, I did hope for 2020 to have more successful and legitimate projects but seeing as the entire world is currently facing a pandemic and at the same time, scammers are also on the rise (COVID19-related scam projects), I say, not much is changing.

onyavin (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 05:56:53 AM

Click here to read more:
Seeing as your posts mainly consist of links pointing into such website, I say this is a shill post.  Roll Eyes
Also, isn't it a bit late for you guys to be doing a recap of what happened in 2019? Isn't that usually done at the end of the year and, not in the 2nd quarter of the following year? LMAO
Well anyways, I did hope for 2020 to have more successful and legitimate projects but seeing as the entire world is currently facing a pandemic and at the same time, scammers are also on the rise (COVID19-related scam projects), I say, not much is changing.

Do you really think there is a time limit on warning people about scams? Wink
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 03:06:01 PM

Not bad and yes it's not too late to warn people about scam projects but your list is so short, many projects turned scam in that year and few scam projects from 2019 are still running as we speak e.g IMO fundraising platform
onyavin (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 06:30:40 AM

Not bad and yes it's not too late to warn people about scam projects but your list is so short, many projects turned scam in that year and few scam projects from 2019 are still running as we speak e.g IMO fundraising platform

It is a list of scams Cointelligence called out in 2019, it doesnt say its a list of all scams in 2019 Wink
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 11:42:15 AM

It's a good article for people that wants to see a recap of those scams in the past. I have a simple suggestion which I think would be greater if you will re-arrange those projects/companies altogether and compile them.

Just sort them and organize for the summary, what do you think?

For example:
  • Sample 1
  • Sample 2

Because usually readers do read those summaries and look for the compilations.

onyavin (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 01:13:08 PM

It's a good article for people that wants to see a recap of those scams in the past. I have a simple suggestion which I think would be greater if you will re-arrange those projects/companies altogether and compile them.

For example:
  • Sample 1
  • Sample 2

This is a great suggestion. I will discuss it with the team. Thank you.
sunsilk

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 02:38:57 PM

For example:
  • Sample 1
  • Sample 2

This is a great suggestion. I will discuss it with the team. Thank you.
You are welcome.

You have a great content which is going to be helpful for someone, I mean for everybody who's looking and doing research for these kinds of project to ensure that they're on the right website or service that they're about to take.

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1129

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 02:56:36 PM

~
Yeah its quite boring to read up the whole thing without any summation and do completely have that each input..As sunsilk suggested then this would make a bit easier where people can directly read up
when its on list form.Also, im glad that you included this one "YoBit is an awful exchange, too" . You never go wrong with this one and should really be included on 2020 list. LOL!
Those things listed are the major ones but it is just a small part if we do talk or mention all of the stuffs happening into this market when in the talks about scams but i still appreciated the effort.

plast555

Activity: 951
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 05:37:16 PM

The article listed the Wirex sale a scam but it's really unfair selling the coins at 2x the price than the Okex IEO price the reason they stated may be right but for that, they should have adopted only the token locking for some specific period rather than having both the locking and the 2x price
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 08:57:35 PM

nice site . i just visit it and found out that you also have other features not just pointing out scams    .

on the link i can see that most of them are not really new    . some names are familiar on me and i can still recall them if what they do on the past but some cant really be called as a scams  . they are still operating anyway   .   what i really expect are new coin , ieo , ico's  but i see most are on the list are
 exchanges but they are all related to crypto category anyway  .
onyavin (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 07:19:02 AM

nice site . i just visit it and found out that you also have other features not just pointing out scams    .

on the link i can see that most of them are not really new    . some names are familiar on me and i can still recall them if what they do on the past but some cant really be called as a scams  . they are still operating anyway   .   what i really expect are new coin , ieo , ico's  but i see most are on the list are
 exchanges but they are all related to crypto category anyway  .

Thank you for taking the time to review. Correct we are calling out scammers as much as possible but our main focus is blockchain and crypto education.
sunsilk

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 07:55:53 AM

~
Yeah its quite boring to read up the whole thing without any summation and do completely have that each input..As sunsilk suggested then this would make a bit easier where people can directly read up
when its on list form.Also, im glad that you included this one "YoBit is an awful exchange, too" . You never go wrong with this one and should really be included on 2020 list. LOL!
Those things listed are the major ones but it is just a small part if we do talk or mention all of the stuffs happening into this market when in the talks about scams but i still appreciated the effort.
I know that I'm not the one that can feel the vibe of thinking that there's something missing within the construction or the style of the article. I'm not an article creator but I do usually read articles and to sum up those lists like this, there's always the shortcut form of the compilation.

Maybe another content can be made by op or the writers of that website about the Q1-crypto scams. I think it's another valuable content that they can create while staying at home in these quarantine times.

onyavin (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 01:32:31 PM

~
I know that I'm not the one that can feel the vibe of thinking that there's something missing within the construction or the style of the article. I'm not an article creator but I do usually read articles and to sum up those lists like this, there's always the shortcut form of the compilation.

Maybe another content can be made by op or the writers of that website about the Q1-crypto scams. I think it's another valuable content that they can create while staying at home in these quarantine times.

Thank you for your comment! I sent it to our editor.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2020, 04:11:27 PM

Click here to read more:

Very informative but the list was short, I like reading the scam section, various projects has their own way on scamming people, how they are caught and how they are defending themselves from the allegations, there's so much arguments and drama when these scammers tried to defend their project but always end up losing the arguments.

pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 10:55:34 PM

i also joined on IMO bounty campaign and after recieving the reward on the app i must use the token to buy other coins on thier platform , i failed to use it thats why they remove my tokens , imo project waste my time.
onyavin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 12:08:18 PM

Click here to read more:

Very informative but the list was short, I like reading the scam section, various projects has their own way on scamming people, how they are caught and how they are defending themselves from the allegations, there's so much arguments and drama when these scammers tried to defend their project but always end up losing the arguments.

Indeed. For example there are still people from Onecoin or Karatbars arguing with us about the fact its an obvious clear scam and in some cases they are calling us the scammers and in some exterme cases they are also sharing fake stories about us trying to scare us away so we will stop calling out scammers.

One of the biggest problems with scam victims (victims of scams who become the scammers themselves convincing people to join the scam) they are sure they are billioners by now while the scam is worth zero. I had cases of people approaching me at events asking me again and again if I am sure and even if I show them clear evidence they find it difficult to believe it as they are invested in the scam so much (money or time) and they dont want to believe they have been scammed!
onyavin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 01:16:51 PM

i also joined on IMO bounty campaign and after recieving the reward on the app i must use the token to buy other coins on thier platform , i failed to use it thats why they remove my tokens , imo project waste my time.

Sorry to hear that ;(
leea-1334

Activity: 2254
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 06:11:53 AM

I remember reading in 2018 about a scam list that had some projects in there where the team was still in existence and still listed and still ongoing, I guess you can say the same thing about your list, which is why some teams are running against you.

I think we have to first define exactly what is a scam to make it clear.

Just because a company has not run away with money does not make them NOT a scam,,, right?

So that is my suggestion,,, make a definition for what you see is a scam first:)

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
onyavin (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 10:34:22 AM

I remember reading in 2018 about a scam list that had some projects in there where the team was still in existence and still listed and still ongoing, I guess you can say the same thing about your list, which is why some teams are running against you.

I think we have to first define exactly what is a scam to make it clear.

Just because a company has not run away with money does not make them NOT a scam,,, right?

So that is my suggestion,,, make a definition for what you see is a scam first:)

Sorry but you are wrong!

We never call out a scam without clear evidence. The "teams" running against us are trying to undermine our credibility or make us stop fighting scammers but that doesnt work for them.

The "teams" running against me so far are LATOKEN, Karatbars and Nick Ayton who are obvious scammers without any doubt. You should review the evidence we shared and if you are still not convinced feel free to raise any concerns / doubts and we can discuss it.

We can start a discussion about the definition of scam or how Cointelligence is defining mini scams which are not obvious scams as we call them and we can also discuss the difference between a scammer and a corrupted person and so on but please dont confuse the fact that obvious scammers are "running against me" and its not because they might not be scammers which is not the case for sure.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: