Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:22:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is your expectation still high on the halving  (Read 802 times)
shollyen

Activity: 344
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 07:24:01 PM

We have a lot of expectations in the halving in fact our expectations are very high before this pandemic especially those new in the market and the first time to experience halving, now is your expectation still high in the coming halving even if we are in the middle of a pandemic.

Just recently, in April to be precise, the halving done by BCH and BSV, was impactful. Had it been we are not into any form of a pandemic or that there is nothing like economic crises, the impact would have been much more.
The same will happen to BTC halving. The impact will be seen, but it will not be much.
The only thing that will make it have an extraordinary impact is if te pandemic should end or if there is a solution to it before the halving.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 07:25:59 PM

Can't really say high because as we all know,  the warld is facing a huge crisis as we speak, the economy is at a very bad state, this has also affected crypto in a great deal, people are more concerned amount staying alive and be healthy than putting money on other things, feeding and healthcare are the most important thing people are concerned about now,
So I guess it is safe to say, halving of this year will not have much impact like previous years, although I would very much like it to be the opposite. So let's hope everything turns for the better.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 07:37:16 PM

We have a lot of expectations in the halving in fact our expectations are very high before this pandemic especially those new in the market and the first time to experience halving, now is your expectation still high in the coming halving even if we are in the middle of a pandemic.
Mine is getting lower and lower because I see a lot of people who are super hyped about the halving without really knowing what it is. Same thing happened with BAKKT for example, remember those times? People believed BAKKT doing bitcoin related stuff would mean big changes and price would go up, what happened?

It was underwhelming and basically nothing happened which caused people who bought because they were expecting big changes to happen end up selling, they expecting profits and when they didn't get it they just ended up selling. Same could happen here, if halving doesn't give a good profit and increase which it may not, people will start to sell whatever they have and cause a big dip in the price as well. I am waiting for that, if it happens I am going to buy at the bottom and wait for the halving to take affect in the future to sell.
lue wang
Copper Member

Activity: 80
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 07:50:33 PM

My expectation always high than any others holders. I don't sell any single token because expectation is very huge. I think , I deserve huge profit from market because I'm patient enough. I missed last bull so I won't miss next one. Price will high after halving, only Corona can't hold it.
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 08:32:56 PM

To be frank, I don't know again about my expectations. My reason is this; the world out there is in an unhealthy state with nothing going as planned, no business is moving, no cure is coming forth, people are still dying in numbers therefore with no business going on most people are selling to fiat to be able to met up with their needs. All these reduced my expectations and therefore I can say, my expectations is medium; that is, we might not get a huge growth as we anticipated but something good will surely come as a result of it. This is my opinion though.

Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 08:43:17 PM

To be frank, I don't know again about my expectations. My reason is this; the world out there is in an unhealthy state with nothing going as planned, no business is moving, no cure is coming forth, people are still dying in numbers therefore with no business going on most people are selling to fiat to be able to met up with their needs. All these reduced my expectations and therefore I can say, my expectations is medium; that is, we might not get a huge growth as we anticipated but something good will surely come as a result of it. This is my opinion though.

You need to relax, Bitcoin halving will happen! Don't expect some effects of that right after, but we will see the effects of the reduced supply in upcoming years. I don't need to repeat that we need to stay patient, changing the supply will affect the price in the long term. I think we in cryptocurrencies don't need to fear right now, many things go in our advantage, we just need to hold our position and be patient!

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 09:34:10 PM

I am sure there will be more surprises after halving this period. We are indeed in a very difficult time, the world economy is also running slowly. So that the big pump is formed slowly, maybe by the end of next year it will be seen. Whatever the situation, still take advantage of the opportunities that exist. Do not force to enter the market if there are other needs that must be prioritized.

princerepon

Activity: 980
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 11:13:33 PM

Honestly no. But before the pandemic i had very much positive expectation on halving. But now days i just pray that somehow btc survive in this pandemic situation. But i'm confident that if this crisis will over soon not just btc the hole crypto currency market will rise strongly again. Now let's see how much we have to wait for cure.
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 11:36:13 PM

Earlier this year optimism was very high but with the current global coronavirus pandemic, not a lot of people give a hoot about bitcoin halving and I doubt if it will have a meaning effect on market price.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2020, 02:04:18 AM

I was before the end of the year, but after the pandemic announcement I just knew something is not going to be right in this halving season, I did not sell my coins I kept it, I just knew Bitcoin's resiliency in this kind of times and I was right but I'm not expecting this halving will be better than last all the last halvings, I'm just happy that market is still fighting and stabilizing.

Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 02:18:39 AM

There is neither FUD nor HYPE that is happening so, I don't think we should be worried about it.
It might become just a normal day for some people out there who don't  know about it but for us it will be something else.

The hype is what mostly creates the pump from the halving and then it slows down again with some investors selling for profit.
I am more intrigued with how much new investors will be coming in with the halving event rather than what I will feel for it.
That is what we want right? Adaption.
AD Node

Activity: 140
Merit: 57

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 02:50:28 AM

I'm not will good expectations right after halving, I think this year cryptocurrencies will still fall A lot, I'm prepare for that, but I hope I'm wrong, it will be really better.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
ahyadinnn

Activity: 1554
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 02:55:08 AM

Honestly no. But before the pandemic i had very much positive expectation on halving. But now days i just pray that somehow btc survive in this pandemic situation. But i'm confident that if this crisis will over soon not just btc the hole crypto currency market will rise strongly again. Now let's see how much we have to wait for cure.
I also hope that it will have a big effect on the price of bitcoin at that time but after the disaster of this virus I think again because surely people will choose to think about their health rather than the effect of halving this bitcoin and certainly investors also prefer to withdraw their money for daily needs
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 03:43:26 AM

I was before the end of the year, but after the pandemic announcement I just knew something is not going to be right in this halving season, I did not sell my coins I kept it, I just knew Bitcoin's resiliency in this kind of times and I was right but I'm not expecting this halving will be better than last all the last halvings, I'm just happy that market is still fighting and stabilizing.
Market still trying to keep the barrier though as of know we are seeing some downfall again, it's hard to assess whether there might be a good pumped with this incoming halving, but same like what most people are doing right now, keep following the market and analyze every information that will be available as it will guide you to decide what will be the better choice in time like this.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 08:13:04 AM

Before the start of the corona virus, I still believed and hoped that before Bitcoin halving or during Bitcoin halving, Bitcoin would start to rise in price, but now it’s clear that in the best case we will see a small pump, but in general I now think that the Bitcoin pump will be at the end of 2020.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 09:48:30 AM

I really expect that the market will rise in the halving before this pandemic but now I don't know if the market can rise up because we are still in pandemic, maybe the market will stable I guess.

lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 11:15:15 AM

I really expect that the market will rise in the halving before this pandemic but now I don't know if the market can rise up because we are still in pandemic, maybe the market will stable I guess.
If there will be a big news about crypto and that looks possible for bitcoin to go rise again but when the opposite trend will be happening and i believe the bearish trend will come. The crypto market depends on the sentiment of the global market. This is the main problem that can create a big sell off by the holders anytime.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 12:40:53 PM

I expect only worse development. I have not yet sold my portfolio so that I can boil it cheaper. Because it’s too early. But if quarantine is extended for a month, then I will definitely sell everything and I will wait for a minimum to earn money on food.
Selling all of your asset in lose situation is worst, you will be useless when heading several times to only feel lose. You have to find another ways beside holding your coin, I think your coin that you hold is still worth and if I were you I will choose trading as a solution. Indeed, staying at home will make you didn't have any income, you just still the news everyday and didn't make your life become usefull. But when you try to trade at least you will get a hope to increase your money. Even you can make it as your income when you're being quarantined.
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 12:45:54 PM

Halving decreases the amount of bitcoin as reward to miners. As the cost for miners won't decrease, the miners should compensate it by increasing their selling price. They won't sell their coins for a loss. If the miners hold their coin, there would be no more circulation of new bitcoin and the price would surely rise.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

SUMBI99

Activity: 79
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2020, 03:19:03 PM

I doubted Before But what to think is that what makes previous halving result in the price increase , if that doesn't change then the same result will be but if there is the change we also have to prepare for something New But not Clear to say How.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: