Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 11:27:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doge Game - Front Page on Yahoo. Further Indoctrination for the Masses.  (Read 801 times)
Pangia (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:57:45 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/20x0ai/yahoo_front_page_right_now/

Kiss Your Afternoon Goodbye with Doge2048: Very Free Game. Such Addicting.

Deb Amlen
Deb Amlen
Tech Columnist
Mar 19, 2014
   

Warning: Do not click on Doge2048 unless you have a spare week or so. It’s maddeningly addict…you’ve already clicked, haven’t you?

Forget the for-pay mobile game Threes. Sure, that kept you from being productive for a while, but be honest, you’ve ramped up to some of the other math-geeky games just to get your fix. There was 1024 and then, just so we didn’t collectively use up our data plans in one day, 19-year-old Italian web developer Gabriele Cirulli came out with a free web version called 2048.

How do you play? If you can press the arrow keys on your computer keyboard, you can play 2048. In the original version of 2048, when two squares with the same number make contact, they merge, so that two 2 squares join to form one 4 square; two squares of 4 merge to become 8; two squares of 8 become 16 and so on. The goal is to get the tiles to eventually merge to make a single 2048 square. It’s weirdly satisfying when the tiles start to add up.

The fact that I can now play on my laptop to my heart’s content for free and without fear of using up my precious cellphone gigabytes is bad enough for my ability to make a living, but now I am obsessively pushing arrow keys to get increasingly alarming and colorful photos of the weird-looking Shiba Inu who has become known as Doge. (Meme alert: This started in a 2005 Homestar Runner episode and is now responsible for apparently intelligent grown-ups walking around your office saying things like, “Very inventory report!” and “Wow! Amaze financials!”) As you merge more tiles and increase your score, Doge-like words of encouragement flash by, like “So scoring” and “Very unstoppable.”

Which doesn’t help me get back to work. Very conundrum.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/kiss-your-afternoon-goodbye-with-doge2048-very-free-80094512335.html

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Pangia (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:59:32 PM

Another article.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/help--i-ve-started-playing-2048-and-can-t-get-up-190328591.html

Help, I've Started Playing 2048 and Can't Get Up!
Mia Fitzharris By Mia Fitzharris
3 hours ago
Trending Now

If you were to drop by the Yahoo Studios office in New York City, you would notice employees playing the hottest, new computer game sweeping the nation (on our downtime of course). It's known simply as 2048. In case you have never heard of it, here's how you play. There's a square grid with 16 tiles. You have to keep combining the like numbers together using the arrow keys until a tile reaches 2048, hence the name of the game. The downside is that it seems so impossible to ever reach that number, but that won't stop you from trying at least 10,000 times.

Dr. Who 2048 Game
You really have to play it to understand how addictive it is. And if you start to experience signs of a 2048 obsession, you have a 19-year-old Web developer from Italy to thank. Gabriele Cirulli created the game and released it on March 9. He says of 2048's boost to fame, "I have yet to hear stories about people fighting, breaking up, or getting fired due to my game, which is good I guess."

If you think Cirulli is rolling in the dough from the popularity of 2048, well you're wrong. Because it was an adaptation of another game called 1024, he felt it was unethical to profit from it. Cirulli also made the game open source, which left the doors open for coders to create their own spinoffs which are actually playable. There's a Doge 2048 game, which is a nod to the famous Shiba Inu meme. Someone even created a 'Dr. Who' 2048.

View photo
Doge 2048 Game
Cirulli's 2048 game has been played more than 50 million times. About 1 million of those plays are probably from fellow producer Henry Baker and me. We got sucked into the 2048 vortex yesterday. There's no app for the game, but luckily for us and millions of other fans, you can play it from the site right on your phone!

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:06:22 PM

Front page on Yahoo say what.. that is how you know it is a big deal.  Gonna bring peoples attention to the crypto game so that is a plus in my eyes, thanks for passing on the info.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: