Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:13:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you happy with the current Bitcoin/Crypto climate?
No
Yes
Oh heeeeeell no
I don't care about my privacy
You smoked one too many Towelie

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happend.....  (Read 546 times)
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 09:47:04 PM

The climate has its ups and downs. Don't be too negative it's still doing ok in the time of economic disturbance and pandemic.

One thing Satoshi did not expect for sure were people trying to lie to the public and try to make everyone think they're Satoshi. He made a system that allows to sign addresses and that should be the one and only proof needed to know for sure who is who.

Part of the community allows people like CSW to tarnisg the name of Bitcoin and Satoshi by ignoring that he did not sign any of the original addresses. This is "going to shit" in my eyes.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2020, 10:15:12 PM

"Oh heeeeeell no"

I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore! Speech from Network (1080p)
- https://youtu.be/ZwMVMbmQBug

Cheesy

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 10:24:58 PM

I just thinking that KYC is a trestle for bitcoin getting accepted in all country.

We never life in freedom, we have a government who still have an old system.

Indeed, bitcoin was created to make the people get a freedom life but I think it will never come true.

imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 10:34:13 PM

this is only the start , expect that many unexpected things to happen on the past  . so if i were you i will now decide if i will accept all of these changes and stay or not  .  the reason why they make such change is because  i think there are now more users here in cryptocurrency   .

they need to ask kyc to control frauds   . they need to tax crypto because that is also to control abuse because people think btc is a gateway to freedom but about the devs , that is not really a serious matter .
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 11:15:32 PM

Hi all!

Am I the only one who feels the current Bitcoin/Crypto climate is going to shit? When I got into Bitcoin in 2013, this was the true new wild west so to speak. So what happend in the last 5-6 years?

Governments are trying to take back control with regulations and taxes.
Exchanges requiring ID (KYC) etc. (hahahahaha fail)
Developers are requested to make themselves public
Previously rather unknown people. but with success in crypto, are for some reason seen as some sort of "Messiah" (binance dev for example)
etc.
etc.
etc.

So why the hell.... Do we (community) go along with all that crap?

And IMHO, if you are happy with the current climate, you should not be in crypto at all!

Or have I smoked one too many? This is not what Satoshi wanted/meant when he created Bitcoin right?

Have a good one,
Towelie
It was inevitable, once you release something to the public you no longer decide what it will become, at the beginning most of those that adopted bitcoin did so because they believed in the ideals that represented and they opposed any kind of attempt to try to regulate it, but as bitcoin has become more popular those people have become a minority and the focus is now on how to make money the fastest and if that means accepting all of those things that go against bitcoin and its ideals many people are willing to accept it.
crustycrab666

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

terra-credit.com

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 11:17:14 PM

---

they need to ask kyc to control frauds   . they need to tax crypto because that is also to control abuse because people think btc is a gateway to freedom but about the devs , that is not really a serious matter .
So actually what we think is not profitable will actually have a positive impact on us. For some people, KYC is indeed considered a taboo in the crypto world that maintains privacy, but we also have to consider that crime and bad things can happen here too, so that would be very helpful. If you don't want KYC then there are other options such as a decentralized exchange. See? we are free to choose, all risks are borne individually.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Facebook|LinkedIn|Telegram|Whitepaper
tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 10:05:40 AM

Yep, this was not Satoshi's plans for Bitcoin, if you take time to read how he described the cryptocurrency. Over the years a lot of people have defined Bitcoin in a way that's different from what was said at the beginning. The first description was that it's simply a payment method, but nowadays people are seeing it as an investment or something else and some are saying that it's a safe haven.

Well, none of them are wrong about it, Bitcoin can be an investment, but some people are now trying to misuse it. There are those who are looking for opportunities to pump and dump in the market, although that's now something difficult for anyone to achieve.
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 843

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 11:33:32 AM

I just thinking that KYC is a trestle for bitcoin getting accepted in all country.

We never life in freedom, we have a government who still have an old system.

Indeed, bitcoin was created to make the people get a freedom life but I think it will never come true.

The government forced people to do KYC, but when it comes to the internet, it is hard to do that because the internet means we are free to choose what we want. The internet is like a cross border in every country, and we can do business with all people in the world. But I agree that we cannot lives in freedom because we still have an offline life which will need the government to control the country. But bitcoin gives another choice for us to have currency over the internet and the real-life, so if we use bitcoin, we can have the freedom to manage our money without interfering of the government.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2020, 12:14:27 PM

Change is to be expected.
- The popularity of Bitcoin rose exponentially since 2013 and it also became an investment assets to many.
- Government authorities saw that investor's money is flowing into bitcoin and they also want a piece.
- Developers requested to make their identity known is a consequence of the many scam projects that flooded the market since ICOs became a thing.

Despite all the changes, Bitcoin enthusiasts still have the option to use platforms that do not require their identity and transactions to be exposed completely such as P2P exchanges, wallets with coinjoin features and coin mixing services.

Good luck with hiding a transaction on the Bitcoin network. Less than 1% of users have the technical skills needed to pull that off.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 11:42:02 AM

One cannot actually decide how the other person perceives anything , especially Bitcoins , it is not centralized therefore one cannot force it on others .

The volatile value of Bitcoins have since forever scared the investors away , the Whales are holding approximately 50% of the Bitcoins therefore they can sway away the price of Bitcoins in whatever way they want .

I do think even though we are not at a really amazing point in the history of Bitcoins but it will still take years for people to be able to use Bitcoins for daily activities, it is something of the future I believe .

Give it time.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2020, 11:55:09 AM

I don't Bitcoin is going to be a shit show in the end because it has still great support from the community and to the investors as well. Though there are some hard times for bitcoin to pull back up especially this year that really tested the strong hands for everyone because of the massive dump due to corona virus.  And for exchanges requires KYC, i don't blame them or whatsoever that's their standards of running things and it has good and bad side effects. Over all i still have massive trust on Bitcoin until the end!

Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 08:38:26 AM

Why are you surprised You are looking for money and what else can be taxed ... Cryptocurrency cannot be traced so KYC allows you to do it. Looking for money especially now purse is the bad situation of the world economy. Although this is also a good side. It's quite close to Bitcoin legalization ...
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: