Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:07:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Best Lesson Note on Position Sizing  (Read 147 times)
Tobaa (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 01:32:29 AM

I m in need of best practice on position sizing, risk reward ration. Gone through different video online, but not OK with their explanation.
Any reference on - Position Sizing, Risk Reward and Taking profit.
Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 04:29:19 AM

My position sizing is depends on my mastery in a specific trading setup. I have criteria that I keep following for me to have a good position sizing. Traders should also focus to improve position sizing because it is part of risk and management that is important in order for us to protect our capital and maximize our returns. My position sizing always depends on my mastery and also the general trend of the market. If the trend is uptrend, I can put 25%-75% of my capital. If the trend is sideways, the maximum position that I can put is 50% but when the market is in downtrend I only allocating below 25% of my capital in order for me to have good risk and management.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 04:55:39 AM

I m in need of best practice on position sizing, risk reward ration. Gone through different video online, but not OK with their explanation.
Cheers

In the past, I often had problems with how to open a reasonable order to keep the account safe and try many ways. I finally realized that using 5% capital and using leverage x50 or more would be better than using large capital and using low leverage. because when we use low capital, about 5%, we can make more potential transactions. When the price goes in the right direction, we can take profit for a few orders and set a positive stop loss for the remaining orders. It's actually pretty good with this strategy and I've been using it for the last 3 months. Low risk and high profit.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1130

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 05:42:58 AM

Cheers

There were lots of videos online and i do say that it is just enough for you to grasp on whats its all about.It doesnt really need to be technical since position sizing
is really just pertaining about risk management depending into your capital on how much you can risk on on a particular position and of course next would be the risk reward
and TP would depend on how much you do goal out on a particular trade so this would will vary and we know that each person does have their own
decision on how much they do need for them to get satisfied in terms of profit.

Tobaa (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 10:26:34 AM

My position sizing is depends on my mastery in a specific trading setup. I have criteria that I keep following for me to have a good position sizing. Traders should also focus to improve position sizing because it is part of risk and management that is important in order for us to protect our capital and maximize our returns. My position sizing always depends on my mastery and also the general trend of the market. If the trend is uptrend, I can put 25%-75% of my capital. If the trend is sideways, the maximum position that I can put is 50% but when the market is in downtrend I only allocating below 25% of my capital in order for me to have good risk and management.

Thanks TitanGEL, This poinst makes lots of sense to me.

Pls few clarifications on the following:

-What criteria you keep following to determine your PS (Position size)? Only mastery and general market trend?
-WHen you said '...traders should focus to improve PS...'  do you mean Increasing our position size or just improving position sizing skill?
Tobaa (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 11:01:08 AM

If anyone has simplified reference material I could go through on position sizing, risk to reward and profit taking, I would appreciate.
I m still a learner.

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: