Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:54:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmex launches Ethereum “Quanto Futures”  (Read 98 times)
Juggy777 (OP)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 09:54:33 AM

Bitmex has taken a giant step towards becoming one of the biggest names in the crypto exchange industry by launching Ethereum Quanto Futures. These futures will allow traders to short Ethereum without actually holding it, and I’m sure people who love to trade on futures will invest big and trade in it. In my personal opinion futures are very risky and not for the weak hearted investor so I’ll give it a pass, but what about others do you’ll have plans to invest in this futures contract?.

This new product is the first-ever offered on a crypto derivative product signaling BitMEX ambitions in securing the top spot in this market. The ETH-USD quanto futures carry a ‘fixed Bitcoin multiplier’ instead of the conventional USD-based ETH price allowing traders to long or short ETH/USD. However, traders will not need to touch ETH or USD markets to trade the contracts.

Source:

https://coingape.com/just-in-bitmmex-becomes-the-first-crypto-exchange-to-launch-ethereum-quanto-futures/
casperBGD
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2020, 10:38:04 AM

Bitmex has taken a giant step towards becoming one of the biggest names in the crypto exchange industry by launching Ethereum Quanto Futures. These futures will allow traders to short Ethereum without actually holding it, and I’m sure people who love to trade on futures will invest big and trade in it. In my personal opinion futures are very risky and not for the weak hearted investor so I’ll give it a pass, but what about others do you’ll have plans to invest in this futures contract?.

This new product is the first-ever offered on a crypto derivative product signaling BitMEX ambitions in securing the top spot in this market. The ETH-USD quanto futures carry a ‘fixed Bitcoin multiplier’ instead of the conventional USD-based ETH price allowing traders to long or short ETH/USD. However, traders will not need to touch ETH or USD markets to trade the contracts.

Source:

https://coingape.com/just-in-bitmmex-becomes-the-first-crypto-exchange-to-launch-ethereum-quanto-futures/

if true, it is a good news, since this will be interesting feature for big investors, that could pour fresh money into the market, but then this will also strengthen ETH position on the market, as the part of top 2 crypto, not to be just the second one, waiting to see how this is going to be started on BitMex, but will not use it personally
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1256

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2020, 10:45:39 AM

Ever since the Binance Futures Tournament (I joined to try my luck in trading futures), I enjoyed having to trade it with Gunbot. It's quite intriguing at first but once you get to know the right settings and the right amount you are willing to risk, I think you should be okay.

As for BitMEX releasing this, I hope to trade with it too if I have free capital.

P.S. The year on the article says May 5, 2019. I was confused at first but it was just published a day ago, so just an error.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
coingecko

Activity: 247
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2020, 03:00:25 PM

While the new ETH futures is launched on BitMEX, data shows that it is not as popular as its perpetual counterparts both volume and open interest
ETH futures : https://www.coingecko.com/en/derivatives/bitmex/ETHM20
ETH perp: https://www.coingecko.com/en/derivatives/bitmex/ETHUSD

Track bitcoin holdings by public companies and bitcoin price on CoinGecko
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 05:01:26 PM

The period when bitcoin had so many ups and downs with big volatility and high liquidity started when bitmex started to offer leverage on bitcoin and shorting as well, that really ruined a lot in the crypto market because people were allowed to profit from the downfall of the price, which removed another incentive to increase the price, normally there was no option like that so anyone who wanted to make a profit had to wait it go up.

Now they are doing the same on ethereum, and sure there will be some people who will make profits from ethereum going down as well but this will hurt the market in general, profiting while going down means people won't be focused on making it higher, there will be counter party that will try to get it as low as possible to profit.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: