Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:23:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DEX's with MILLIONS in volume, COULD make you stinking rich, here's why.  (Read 1124 times)
Wh00re

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 01:46:37 PM

Right now we are still in the phase where it's on centralized exchanges and I don't think it's going anywhere soon. When we are talking about the privacy and safety of assets, DEX is probably the best bet. For people who are not that tech-savvy, they are going to have a hard time working things out even only just by registering. I think it's going to get complicated for them. I hope that you didn't just shill Blocknet.

DEX's overall is becoming easier and easier to use, as they are improved all the time. You can still trade on a few exchanges without undergoing KYC (Binance is a good example here), but if that changes over night, I'm sure the volume on DEX's would EXPLODE.

I wont share my passport, my picture, or anything else like that, with anyone. Completely ruins the idea behind cryptocurrencies.

I know Blocknet (as mentioned by the OP) is releasing a Litewallet soon, making trading as easy as exchanging your coins using Shapeshift (which also DIED because of KYC).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flux0z

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2020, 10:37:49 AM

Right now we are still in the phase where it's on centralized exchanges and I don't think it's going anywhere soon. When we are talking about the privacy and safety of assets, DEX is probably the best bet. For people who are not that tech-savvy, they are going to have a hard time working things out even only just by registering. I think it's going to get complicated for them. I hope that you didn't just shill Blocknet.

DEX's overall is becoming easier and easier to use, as they are improved all the time. You can still trade on a few exchanges without undergoing KYC (Binance is a good example here), but if that changes over night, I'm sure the volume on DEX's would EXPLODE.

I wont share my passport, my picture, or anything else like that, with anyone. Completely ruins the idea behind cryptocurrencies.

I know Blocknet (as mentioned by the OP) is releasing a Litewallet soon, making trading as easy as exchanging your coins using Shapeshift (which also DIED because of KYC).

A Litewallet would for sure ease up things a bit. Any more details on this? Don't follow Blocknet too closely, so seems like I've missed this one. I'd love to know more, as the entry barrier to DEX's isn't always as user friendly as it should be. Smiley
BTCXRPADA

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 03:39:10 PM

I remember holding a good bunch of KCS in 2017, which I made a massive profit off of, didn't sell the top though, but still came out pretty decent. If DEX's sees the same hype as back then (which is very likely eventually), then I for sure believe they will be a good hold for the future.

There are plenty of DEX platforms out there, sadly with "bad actors" among them like NASH, which has GEO-blocking and KYC. Cool "DEX" you got there  Roll Eyes
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 06:16:31 AM

I remember holding a good bunch of KCS in 2017, which I made a massive profit off of, didn't sell the top though, but still came out pretty decent. If DEX's sees the same hype as back then (which is very likely eventually), then I for sure believe they will be a good hold for the future.
Hello KCS is kucoin tokens right? It is not a dex and more into centralized. Dex are also good but if you knew how to use it timely. My favorite dex is is IDEX, after the downfall of etherdelta and forkdelta many traders have jump off to IDEX and become one of the major dex that has good volume. I could not say if its million but Im sure they have a good liquidity even until now. But sadly they have some changes like there is a payment already on listing that supposedly a free one for dex. I have no clue if they can still be categorized as one.
FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 09:00:50 AM

I'm fine with KYC on exchanges to trade my coins and tokens, I don't have any problem with this, I have nothing to hide and for those who are smart they know that lack of KYC can do alot more damage to crypto and blockchain in general, there will be more thefts and hacks and nothing will be done about them, crypto will fully turn into criminals den

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 10:23:59 AM

I'm fine with KYC on exchanges to trade my coins and tokens, I don't have any problem with this, I have nothing to hide and for those who are smart they know that lack of KYC can do alot more damage to crypto and blockchain in general, there will be more thefts and hacks and nothing will be done about them, crypto will fully turn into criminals den

Always choose the exchange you will trust when submitting your KYC, I get your point but you should also think of the risk that your information could be sold, that is why I only do my KYC on the popular exchange as I know they will not ruin their reputation doing some stupid things leaking our information, when the exchange is trading over $100 million in 24 hours to $1 billion, that's an exchange you can trust.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
KaratX

Activity: 252
Merit: 29

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 10:29:22 AM

Some Dex requires you to import your wallet keys to send coins and tokens, for example idex, you are still giving away your details this way, the last time I used idex exchange I created a fresh wallet address on the exchange and send my coins into the exchange wallet address. 

jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 10:48:41 AM

Some Dex requires you to import your wallet keys to send coins and tokens, for example idex, you are still giving away your details this way, the last time I used idex exchange I created a fresh wallet address on the exchange and send my coins into the exchange wallet address.  
Definitely, right. That is why we should be careful when accessing their site and it should be the legit one.

For many times that I've using DEX exchanges, I've never been experiencing being hack. Maybe I was lucky but I think because I was not careless enough to access my wallet, sending keys using another computer. And it much safer if we don't keep our money in any exchanger for a very long time.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 01:54:38 PM

I am fine with one or two things. I know I have to comply with tax and identity to prove I am not cheating or whatever,,, the problem is always that I have no idea if the guys who are behind the thing will keep my data safe. In a way, I trust third party providers even more than exchangers themselves but at the end of the day. If you are selling your KYC for a few dollars, you probably deserve identity theft!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Flux0z

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 05:32:20 AM

Definitely, right. That is why we should be careful when accessing their site and it should be the legit one.

For many times that I've using DEX exchanges, I've never been experiencing being hack. Maybe I was lucky but I think because I was not careless enough to access my wallet, sending keys using another computer. And it much safer if we don't keep our money in any exchanger for a very long time.

A real TRUE decentralized DEX wont ask you to "import your wallet keys". A true DEX is simply a dApp that you use to transact with while being in complete control of your own private keys. Never liked IDEX.

Try the Blocknet DEX, and you'll see how easy it is to trade. It's one of the only true DEX's out there with no centralized points of failure.
Wh00re

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 04:32:18 PM

Any "DEX" that requires you to TRUST them, isn't truly decentralized. It's basically the same with a tokenized BTC. You need to TRUST a central place to hold your BTC, while you trade a tokenized BTC on an ethereum based platform, such as Uniswap.

It completely ruins the decentralized aspect of the DEX itself, which is why I refuse to even use these "DEX's". Relying on ONE chain (Ethereum) is not very scalable.

Blocknet and other traditional exchanges uses atomic swaps, which is the ideal solution for anything needing to be decentralized without any compromises.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
May 19, 2020, 09:47:14 AM

I thought this is another interesting topic to discuss with but again an advertisement from Blocknet I never used this and I really dont know this dex what a trader wants is a platform that you can use it easily, trade instantly with high volumes , not interested is some installation setups, why use this dex if we can use cex easily. 

BTCXRPADA

View Profile
May 19, 2020, 04:02:23 PM

I thought this is another interesting topic to discuss with but again an advertisement from Blocknet I never used this and I really dont know this dex what a trader wants is a platform that you can use it easily, trade instantly with high volumes , not interested is some installation setups, why use this dex if we can use cex easily. 

That's a good question, that can be answered in a very simple way actually: Security.

Loads of exchanges has been hacked the past 10 years, more than I can count actually. Even top exchanges like Binance has been victim of this, cryptopia which was in the game for YEARS went down from one day to the other, leaving people empty handed.
If you use a CEX, I'd advice you to ONLY do quick trades, and then remove your coins from the exchange again.

As for Blocknet, they've got their Litewallet ready soon, which basically makes you hold, and trade trustlessly (again, without trusting a centralized exchange) from the same application.
This will make it more convenient for the average guy to use, and certainly provide node owners with more passive income from their Blocknet nodes processing transactions on the network.
GucciBoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 01:01:50 AM

That's a good question, that can be answered in a very simple way actually: Security.

Loads of exchanges has been hacked the past 10 years, more than I can count actually. Even top exchanges like Binance has been victim of this, cryptopia which was in the game for YEARS went down from one day to the other, leaving people empty handed.
If you use a CEX, I'd advice you to ONLY do quick trades, and then remove your coins from the exchange again.

As for Blocknet, they've got their Litewallet ready soon, which basically makes you hold, and trade trustlessly (again, without trusting a centralized exchange) from the same application.
This will make it more convenient for the average guy to use, and certainly provide node owners with more passive income from their Blocknet nodes processing transactions on the network.

True.. Most people in crypto are way too short sighted though.

Nobody believed in Bitcoin when it first launched, except a few clever people (The winklevoss twins is a good example).

Nobody seem to believe that DEX's will ever take off, considering that:

They are 100% trustless
NO KYC/AML
Will NEVER go down
Cannot be shut down, even by authorities
No GEO-Blocking

And the list goes on, and on. DEX's can be SO powerful, and will be which is why Binance decided to make their own. They KNOW DEX's is the future, and only made their own to beat the competition short term.

Taking a position in a few DEX's this early on and being able to profit from them, might be the wisest thing anyone can do at this point, but who knows, lol.
rose9696

Activity: 770

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 04:46:42 AM

All is the theory that you are giving to compare with other DEXs. But now I want you to think of IDEX, which is one of the oldest DEXs of crypto market and huge volume. What do you think could make Blocknet different and beat IDEX soon in the future? most people now only use IDEX and Binance DEX because of its reputation and I see very few people mention Blocknet. So, do you have any plans for future marketing?

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
GucciBoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 03:32:35 PM

All is the theory that you are giving to compare with other DEXs. But now I want you to think of IDEX, which is one of the oldest DEXs of crypto market and huge volume. What do you think could make Blocknet different and beat IDEX soon in the future? most people now only use IDEX and Binance DEX because of its reputation and I see very few people mention Blocknet. So, do you have any plans for future marketing?

You cannot compare an apple with an orange.

IDEX And the Binance "DEX" is NOT a DEX. Not a real one to be exact. Why?

IDEX enforced KYC - KYC = Not a real DEX.

The Binance DEX and it's nodes is ran and operated by Binances themselves, which makes it centralized

Blocknet's nodes is owned by the investors in the project. There are more than 200 nodes online, which can handle all the transactions on the network itself. These nodes will earn on the trading fees associacted while people trade, the same cannot be said about either IDEX or Binance.

See the difference?  Wink

In other words, you can profit passively off Blocknet's DEX trading fees, including their upcoming oracle network and Infura solution which will beat Ethereums by a long shot.

Reputation is key, I get it, so is volume on the DEX itself. Volume will without a doubt increase as Blocknet is soon releasing their Litewallet, which will have their DEX integrated, so you don't have to download any blockchains in order to trade. Convenience is key.
Sendi blackspade team

Activity: 941
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 03:50:57 PM

it seems that it will be difficult for them to become competitors of both of the Big DEX. when they do not have more profitable features for traders, it will be difficult for them to take members from other exchanges. because most who play with DEX are traders not big investors.
Wh00re

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 04:31:46 PM

it seems that it will be difficult for them to become competitors of both of the Big DEX. when they do not have more profitable features for traders, it will be difficult for them to take members from other exchanges. because most who play with DEX are traders not big investors.

Blocknet made the very first DEX in the world - I'm sure they'll do well, haha. They are constantly working on improvements, and the project itself has so much potential that it's crazy how low it's value is right now.
They are building their own Infura solution, their own oracle network among other things.

Here's a scenario:

ETH charges gas per tx on the chain, giving it utility. ETH gas price right now is around $0.12 and there are about 900,000 tx's/day which brings us to $108,000/day paid in gas. Now let's toss in ICO buy pressure which raised $371M in 2019 (and let's assume it's all on ETH)... that's $1M/day, bringing total pressure to $1.11M/day on ETH. As a result (among other obvious things that don't need to be explained for the sake of the example) ETH is currently at a $22B market cap

Now let's conservatively talk Blocknet usage throwing in some fun numbers. Infura sees about 15 Billion calls per day. Checking out their pricing this comes to about $3.75M/day. Let's say we're able to do only 5% of that, that's $187,500. Now let's say the DX will do only $25M/day at 0.15% (not official, just using as an example), that's $37,500. Combine the 2 and that brings us to $225,000/day or about 20% the "pressure" of ETH (and $563/day income per Service Node assuming there's 400 running.). If you slash ETH's current cap by 20% you get $4.4B... which is $647/BLOCK

In other words 600x your investment.
BTCXRPADA

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 12:14:52 PM

Blocknet made the very first DEX in the world - I'm sure they'll do well, haha. They are constantly working on improvements, and the project itself has so much potential that it's crazy how low it's value is right now.
They are building their own Infura solution, their own oracle network among other things.

Here's a scenario:

ETH charges gas per tx on the chain, giving it utility. ETH gas price right now is around $0.12 and there are about 900,000 tx's/day which brings us to $108,000/day paid in gas. Now let's toss in ICO buy pressure which raised $371M in 2019 (and let's assume it's all on ETH)... that's $1M/day, bringing total pressure to $1.11M/day on ETH. As a result (among other obvious things that don't need to be explained for the sake of the example) ETH is currently at a $22B market cap

Now let's conservatively talk Blocknet usage throwing in some fun numbers. Infura sees about 15 Billion calls per day. Checking out their pricing this comes to about $3.75M/day. Let's say we're able to do only 5% of that, that's $187,500. Now let's say the DX will do only $25M/day at 0.15% (not official, just using as an example), that's $37,500. Combine the 2 and that brings us to $225,000/day or about 20% the "pressure" of ETH (and $563/day income per Service Node assuming there's 400 running.). If you slash ETH's current cap by 20% you get $4.4B... which is $647/BLOCK

In other words 600x your investment.

Quite fun to speculate into the future. 600x would be insane, even for a low cap project like this. I've seen people say that the next bull run is likely to be 3x the last one, which sounds absolutely crazy. That would make a lot of people wealthy in a very short time.
Wh00re

View Profile
May 28, 2020, 02:21:54 PM

I believe a lot of people look at Uniswap and other ETH-based DEXs with tons of volume disregarding real DEX's which allows BTC as the main trading pair. Next question is, how are they reading their data? Probably using Etheruems centralized Infura solution, which Blocknet is trying to improve by making it completely decentralized.

So many improvements on decentralization, yet nobody seems to care, just yet.. Once they start parterning up with big corporations, things will surely change.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: