Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:33:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moderators deleting posts offering escrow services in Market Place?!?!  (Read 144 times)
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2020, 09:26:58 PM

I know some moderators can be heavy handed deleting posts left and right. But would they delete posts in the marketplace of someone who's offering to be escrow? when that person has 100% positive trust and feedback when it comes to buying/selling/escrow?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

I volunteer my services as escrow if you choose to use one. I have 100% positive trust ratings in all trades/sells/buys I have been part of on this forum as a buyer/seller/escrow provider.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 09:37:32 PM

You already have an announcement for your service in the services board here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
I don't think it's appropriate to invite people to use your service by promoting yourself in other threads.
Where did you post that post? And for what reason? Do you provide escrow services for free?

I don't like the way how you accuse mods. You can simply appeal for your issue to get better understanding rather than accuse others.
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1210

Heisenberg

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 09:43:53 PM

According to Loyce.club, You made a reply in this post which was unnecessary and uncalled-for.

Anybody can report such reply to mods as Off topic and it can easily be deleted. If you want to advertise your service. Make an announcement in the service board.

No need to complain about the mods doing their work in this case.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2020, 09:51:51 PM

But would they delete posts in the marketplace of someone who's offering to be escrow?

I think they might be considering it as spam. Imagine how annoying it would be if everyone trying to offer escrow services began to respond to every single Marketplace thread offering their services, and end up detracting the actual sales thread as well as the Marketplace section in general. It's an extreme example, but I don't think it's unfair for them to delete such posts. This issue isn't really about trust.

If you want to advertise escrow services, make your own ANN thread, or respond when someone posts specifically about finding an escrow.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2020, 10:15:08 PM

You already have an announcement for your service in the services board here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
I don't think it's appropriate to invite people to use your service by promoting yourself in other threads.
Where did you post that post? And for what reason? Do you provide escrow services for free?

I don't like the way how you accuse mods. You can simply appeal for your issue to get better understanding rather than accuse others.

I posted it on a thread in the marketplace where someone was asking if a seller would use escrow - I simply posted I would offer. I charge 1% for my escrow services.  As for accusing mods? I am confused, the message I got was that a Moderator deleted it, so I am not accusing, I am asking why would they? I dont want to appeal the deleted post - Again, I am simply asking why would they delete it.

But would they delete posts in the marketplace of someone who's offering to be escrow?

I think they might be considering it as spam. Imagine how annoying it would be if everyone trying to offer escrow services began to respond to every single Marketplace thread offering their services, and end up detracting the actual sales thread as well as the Marketplace section in general. It's an extreme example, but I don't think it's unfair for them to delete such posts. This issue isn't really about trust.

If you want to advertise escrow services, make your own ANN thread, or respond when someone posts specifically about finding an escrow.

now, that is an answer that makes sense. I see many others that offer escrow do the same. I was just following suite. I also do not reply to all the ads - only if I mentioned in the thread or if someone is asking for seller to use a forum escrow.

I consider the matter closed - I now have an answer that I did not consider but one that makes sense.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: