Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:26:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Common Cryptocurrency Scams and How to Avoid Them  (Read 318 times)
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 09:00:49 AM

Just quoting the list which I had already experienced.
4. Scamming Emails
My first battle.
I have a lot of e-mails that are now in my spam folder.
But, it is really difficult to keep up and clean them up. So I just created a new one.
If you receive message like this, do not entertain them:
*Someone you don’t know sends you a message out of the blue about a virtual currency investment opportunity.
- Do not believe to strangers, do not believe if he messages you out of nowhere and asking you to join some currency investment because most of the time scammers use investments websites to scam people, they will ask you to put some of your money and will promise to give you something in return then nothing happens.
This was my second one. Luckily, I am not that fool enough to just believe what they will tell.
My experience is, I was looking for help in one ICO which was just finished.
Suddenly 3 people popped out making a conversation on how I will do it.
Unknown people who are not even administrators of the ICO.
1. Imposter websites
This was the last of my experience. I could say they are professional in doing it.
Maybe they did practice making websites but just used it for scams or stealing from people.

Wishing I will not experience the others on the list.

thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 04:33:14 PM

Scammers are becoming wiser day by day and always look for a way to outsmart a lot of people. Just a few weeks ago, I came across a scam giveaway that claimed to be from elon musk on twitter. The scammer claim to double anybody coin if they deposited to a particular BTC and ETH address. At first I thought people are smart and no one will fall for this but to my surprise, when I checked the addresses, I saw that people have started sending BTC and ETH to the addresses  Grin
online73

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

Ecowatt.io

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 05:51:27 PM

Hello everybody. Fraud has existed since the advent of mankind - it is inherent in nature. Someone dampens the desire to cheat, someone becomes a talented fraudster and lives perfectly due to our lack of attention and sloppiness. Any person at least once became a victim of a scammer. I am firmly convinced that any of us will not make a mistake on at least one fraudulent situation, it is unlikely that he would think that he is a potential victim of a fraud. The cryptocurrency world is no exception. There is generally a huge field for a fraudster, since all operations take place in absentia. No matter how many rules you write, how not to become a victim of a scammer, people make amazing mistakes with the same persistence. But, at least once a cheated person, next time he will think several times - what to do in order not to become a victim of a scammer. Therefore, you just need to relax and have fun, because we are already private owners of the cryptocurrency community, whose role the most ossified fraudsters from the government are trying to silence.
Ryker1

Activity: 1932
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 04:36:20 PM

[snip]
Hello everybody. Fraud has existed since the advent of mankind -
Well, that is correct. Scamming is the modern version of robbery, back in the old days when there is no internet yet robbers do it manually like they will point a knife or a gun to their victim but most of those robbers have no idea how much do you have or how much they can get from you. Nowadays where people are using online transactions to avoid bringing fiat money and be more prone to robbery they think that this might be the best solution. Indeed, because of this idea, --criminals tend to do robbery online because it is safer for them because they can easily hide their identity. Being wise is the best tool to avoid scammers and people who do phishing you may do precaution before investing online like do research or background check to find out if you can trust the site. It may appear that those fake sites or apps are real but there are things that may make the site doubtful like the links or the promises they are giving. Remember investment will not give you an assurance of profit nor any returns but still, it is luck and your judgment is the most important when dealing online.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀