Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:04:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Acronyms Your Mother Never Told You About  (Read 170 times)
R3x (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 10:30:37 AM

Acronyms or nyms are used to make online conversations faster and easier. Most people are familiar with some common acronyms such as LOL [Laughing out loud] and ROFL [Rolling on the floor laughing]. However, there are a few lesser-known acronyms that are often used in drug, sex, and romance-related discussions.

Here are a few interesting acronyms I've come across:

1. 420 : When used as a noun, it is referring to marijuana. When used as a verb it refers to the act of smoking marijuana. This supposedly comes from the time 4:20 PM. on the clock, allegedly the time when most children get high. it also is used to refer to April 20, national smoke out day in drug culture.

2. ASL : [Age, sex, location]. This acronym is often used as the intro statement in most romance chat rooms. people use this, especially when speaking to an ambiguous screen name, to determine if they are interested in further pursuing conversation.

3. Cam2Cam (c2c) only : This stands for webcam to webcam only. This is a common response for people who receive requests from strangers to view their webcams only if they receive reciprocation from the requesting party.

4. Cyber : If someone asks if you want to cyber, realize that they are asking for the information age equivalent of phone sex. Cybering is the act of typing out sexually explicit situations to a person usually via chat programs.

5. IRL : In real life. When people wish to meet outside of the internet world they are living in, they seek an IRL meeting.

6. ISO : in search of. This is an acronym from traditional personal sections in newspapers.

7. NSA : This stands for no strings attached. This is a common acronym on many casual encounter message board.

8. POS : Parent over shoulder. This is usually used by kids when chatting with friends about things they don't want their parents to find out about. This is supposed to be a harmless acronym that signifies that a shift in conversation topic needs to take place.

9. S2R : Send to receive. This is a common response when a person online asks for a copy of your pic or picture. This response states that you will give a picture only if they send one as well.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 10:54:05 AM

Is it just me? These acronyms give me some kind of nostalgia as if I'm reading a forum post from long time ago Cheesy ASL reminds me of Omegle, 420 of those very popular "MLG" videos and memes on YouTube and, to be honest, I haven't really heard of the rest yet besides IRL which I used to write all the time many years ago on online games. Maybe it's me not chatting for very long to English speakers. Do people still use these acronyms nowadays?
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 11:51:54 AM

Is it just me? These acronyms give me some kind of nostalgia as if I'm reading a forum post from long time ago Cheesy ASL reminds me of Omegle
Haha! not just you but also me.

I remember the teenager days when there's no smartphone and I'm on highschool when the phones that we used were keypad types. Whenever you were looking for a textmate, it's the first thing you'll ask - "ASL? pls".

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 02:20:40 PM

I remember these during the yahoo chatrooms and MIRC where I did some meetups but are very careful not to check whether these girls are pretty or not. ASL is usually the first question that will pop out. This isn't even my computer but my older sister and then I found out my sister is also chatting and meeting with someone. Things changed after the time when social media was able to make it.

Right now POS has different meanings.  Grin
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 03:20:14 PM

Right now POS has different meanings.  Grin
Haha, indeed, if a kid texts their friend "pos" nowadays, it'd get them punished Cheesy
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 05:55:41 AM

2. ASL : [Age, sex, location]. This acronym is often used as the intro statement in most romance chat rooms. people use this, especially when speaking to an ambiguous screen name, to determine if they are interested in further pursuing conversation.
This has been Normal from all teens now because they mostly reading this in their Social Media groups upon seeing new members,or in Online Games that requires Gang or tribes so mother don't need to tell this to their children.
3. Cam2Cam (c2c) only : This stands for webcam to webcam only. This is a common response for people who receive requests from strangers to view their webcams only if they receive reciprocation from the requesting party.
same as C2C min which being in internet for decades now and normally learn over internet.

same us most of all mentioned above because people now mostly active in internet and using social medias and groups we can learn these acronyms (well thats according to my own observations)

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
COVID-19

Activity: 63
Merit: 7

Bad. Taste. Humor.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2020, 07:24:42 AM

5 Acronyms Your Mother Never Told You About

8. POS : Parent over shoulder. This is usually used by kids when chatting with friends about things they don't want their parents to find out about. This is supposed to be a harmless acronym that signifies that a shift in conversation topic needs to take place.

Roll Eyes

Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it.
Getting paid for shitposting is even more pathetic!
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 08:25:47 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2020, 08:37:20 AM by Ucy

You mean most children get high on Marijuana? Where exactly are children allowed to get high on Marijuana? Probably getting high illegally?

Well, children certainly need to have some sort of kids friendly internet to prevent adults from taking advantage of them via codes like those. The bad codes shouldn't be allowed for them in the first place. I think parent should be able to easily know the codes(and new ones) to prevent their kids from using them by monitoring them constantly
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: