Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting as a Trader and Trading Bitcoin  (Read 625 times)
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2020, 09:02:30 AM
Merited by sheenshane (1)

I know a lot of people who are interested in making money now more than ever just because of the current situation that we have now. Most of us are in lockdown, and people are starting to need to have that extra income more than ever.

IF you are that person, what would you like to know before starting to dwell into the Trading Space?
  • Do you want to be introduced to Bitcoin first?
  • What is Bitcoin?
  • How could you make money in Bitcoin?
  • Basic Trading strategies
  • etc

The list above is just an example, feel free to make your own.

This can be of help to many too, knowing that some are just starting, and they are waiting to get around to trading. And if you are a new trader, what do you expect in this market?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thebutton

Activity: 37
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 09:45:41 AM

When I was starting to trade just a while ago, what I want to know is the behavior of the cryptomarket which as we know is quiet different compared to the stock market. What influences the price of the cryptocurrencies in general? Does the price of Bitcoin affect other cryptocurrencies and to what extent? By understanding as how the cryptomarket behaves, then basic strategies would be a trader's next interest i.e. of course assuming that you entered trading with necessary knowledge about Bitcoin.

I don't really know what to expect in the market honestly. All I have is price expectation in the short term which varies from time to time depending on the situation while in the long run I am more concerned with Bitcoin which I am optimistic about to reach new heights and would exceed beyond our expectations as what it had done in the past.
Bitlover10

Activity: 291
Merit: 105

Love is all

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 10:45:45 AM

Their are so many services who provided paid call trading in cryptocurrency. From my personal experience if you trading by yourself you always being in loss. Because their are whales who accumulated whole crypto market. They liquidate your short and long position so fast. So for new person it's good to receive paid calls from experts and if you don't want to paid someone for paid call then best things to do it just hold your btc. Because if you are going to do day trading then 99 percent are chances that you loose your whole fund in this market.

Bitcointalk
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 01:37:05 PM

Personally, I am not a type of person who likes a lot of introduction, a basic knowledge about bitcoin and how to trade would be enough for me.
I know how to manage my funds and my strategy is that i like to learn more on experience rather than in theory, so basically I don't need more time before I start trading, doing it is just like a continues study or improvement in my actual activity.

crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2020, 04:36:44 PM

When I was starting to trade just a while ago, what I want to know is the behavior of the cryptomarket which as we know is quiet different compared to the stock market. What influences the price of the cryptocurrencies in general? Does the price of Bitcoin affect other cryptocurrencies and to what extent? By understanding as how the cryptomarket behaves, then basic strategies would be a trader's next interest i.e. of course assuming that you entered trading with necessary knowledge about Bitcoin.

So to summarize what you think would help you is that
  • Emphasize the difference between the stock market and the crypto market
  • What is Bitcoin's role in the price of altcoins?
  • Basic trading strategies

We can never really know what could happen in the market, that should be another point that should be emphasized. Being too emotional would be hard for people.

Their are so many services who provided paid call trading in cryptocurrency. From my personal experience if you trading by yourself you always being in loss. Because their are whales who accumulated whole crypto market. They liquidate your short and long position so fast.
This is not ideal, IMO if you really want to learn to trade. For those who are busy, it would be nice to have this service for sure. Just don't expect to be the best in it. Most of the signals show their Best Trades not the losing trades.

Personally, I am not a type of person who likes a lot of introduction, a basic knowledge about bitcoin and how to trade would be enough for me.
I know how to manage my funds and my strategy is that i like to learn more on experience rather than in theory, so basically I don't need more time before I start trading, doing it is just like a continues study or improvement in my actual activity.
I think you should be more specific on the part of basic knowledge on Bitcoin and how to trade. Like what aspects of it? The ideal type of introduction that you would like.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1862
Merit: 370

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 05:12:14 PM

To other things, me too but in trading? I guess it will take you more time than what you expected before getting through with it. A simple strategy won't work with all market situation, you must know how to apply every strategy with any market situation, that's what I learned when I began. There are fast learner people who can easily cope up with simple steps but there are also people who isn't that fit for the work however there are way to get to it.

The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2020, 05:29:49 PM

To be honest, I am quite far from trading now and there is multiple reason for that like lack of time & network. For me if I am beginner or I were want to introduce someone for crypto trading then first thing I will have to explain about risk managment. Next is about bitcoin and how its work. Because everyone here to get profits so it's more important to know how bitcoin work and this isn't something where you would get 100% profits. Also prevention of greed another challenge for newbies even I couldn't control fully yet. Analyze markets is one of important as well when you are wondering to start trading. Overall start trading of current epidemic situation is quite risky since it's not very easy money making method.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 06:31:02 PM

As a trader they no need to learn more about the technology behind the usage of bitcoin, all they need to have is to strong skills on analyzing the market. For a beginner it will be hard to make money so for people who wanted to make money from their saving should be extra careful while doing crypto related activities.

But if they wanted to involve in crypto trading for short term like until the lockdown ends they can go for stable pair so by the daily volatility it is easier for to make money than doing trades more often.
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1228

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 08:05:35 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2020, 08:17:45 PM by ryzaadit

As a trader they no need to learn more about the technology behind the usage of bitcoin, all they need to have is to strong skills on analyzing the market. For a beginner it will be hard to make money so for people who wanted to make money from their saving should be extra careful while doing crypto related activities.
Then, how they decide about the "Fundamental Analysis" required a speculation conclusion from the project, news, and rumor. If you can't really understand whats the project update about their technology how they can thinking did the price will be reflected in the news. Before trading/investment you should know the understand the reason why you put ur money into that's coins including what the project/platform is about not just the news itself.

Its really important to make your first analysis and then you can move to another analysis, its "TA".

But if they wanted to involve in crypto trading for short term like until the lockdown ends they can go for stable pair so by the daily volatility it is easier for to make money than doing trades more often.
Do you know the stable coin? the price will be fixed pegged from which asset their using. It's mean you will never get a profit by trading stable coins, you just can add more/less
 the amount which currency you used to buy stable coins example bitcoin but the estimation of the asset still the same from the day you buy the stable coins.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
htsy585

Activity: 573
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 11:45:11 PM

I know a lot of people who are interested in making money now more than ever just because of the current situation that we have now. Most of us are in lockdown, and people are starting to need to have that extra income more than ever.

IF you are that person, what would you like to know before starting to dwell into the Trading Space?
  • Do you want to be introduced to Bitcoin first?
  • What is Bitcoin?
  • etc

The list above is just an example, feel free to make your own.

This can be of help to many too, knowing that some are just starting, and they are waiting to get around to trading. And if you are a new trader, what do you expect in this market?

I can't really deny the fact that when i joined this crypto space, it was hard for me because i had no one to put me through. I picked interest from seeing news headlines almost everywhere and the most painful aspect of it was that i found this forum late. So then i was focus on learning  everything at the same time since i just want to understand everything related to bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Indeed, proper orientation is needed when you want to venture into any new thing. Well, look at me today, it was all worth it.
leatutz

Activity: 523
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 04:45:49 AM

Their are so many services who provided paid call trading in cryptocurrency. From my personal experience if you trading by yourself you always being in loss. Because their are whales who accumulated whole crypto market. They liquidate your short and long position so fast. So for new person it's good to receive paid calls from experts and if you don't want to paid someone for paid call then best things to do it just hold your btc. Because if you are going to do day trading then 99 percent are chances that you loose your whole fund in this market.
You are right, who has Bitcoin should stay in it because Halving time will push the price. Your lose is good in trading experience. Choose any promising coin that's passed long time in coinmarketcap. I don't think that this coin price will drive more dip. From this theory you can make your research, I think you can't fail again.
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 06:57:02 AM
Merited by fullhdpixel (3)

The final stopper for many people here once they decide to make money from crypto trading or at least after adopting cryptos is "holding or long term trading". Unlike it seems like easier way to make money by staying within home, people are trapped cheaply due to unpredictable fluctuations of crypto markets. For example; on panic of corona outbreak, bitcoin lost more than 40% of its value in less than 2 days of sessions. But, right now it is slowly recovering which means the traders who opt to hold, NOT affected by these volatility.

Basic profitable trading strategy which fits all beginners is, holding. Watch markets for days and buy in possible dips and wait for months; halving is approaching hence you may get 10x profits very easily.

Most of us are in lockdown, and people are starting to need to have that extra income more than ever.
To kill your boredom, definitely thinking about to start trading is not a good idea as per my humble opinion. Trading must need lots of preparation to ensure the minimum success. I guess, this lockdown period must be a very good time for LEARNING about trading and definitely NOT TO START trading right away.

knowing that some are just starting, and they are waiting to get around to trading.
My simple suggestions to beginner level traders is do not day-trade. Trade only bitcoins and 1 or 2 famous altcoins. Learn more about trade and trade less until you gain experience.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 07:08:13 AM

Then, how they decide about the "Fundamental Analysis" required a speculation conclusion from the project, news, and rumor. If you can't really understand whats the project update about their technology how they can thinking did the price will be reflected in the news. Before trading/investment you should know the understand the reason why you put ur money into that's coins including what the project/platform is about not just the news itself.

Its really important to make your first analysis and then you can move to another analysis, its "TA".

Do you know the stable coin? the price will be fixed pegged from which asset their using. It's mean you will never get a profit by trading stable coins, you just can add more/less
 the amount which currency you used to buy stable coins example bitcoin but the estimation of the asset still the same from the day you buy the stable coins.
Trader doesn't need to know all the usage of blockchain technology they just have to know what it is so they can avoid scam and shit coins but for trading bitcoin they no need to worry about the development, they just get into the trend by sticking with crypto news sites.

Stable coin pair means BTC/USDT ,ETH/USDT so the user can analyse the one end of volatile coin because the other end is going to be stable so for beginner it will be an easy thing.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 07:25:17 AM

To trade bitcoin well, we don't need to understand bitcoin. As far as I can see, bitcoin is just a tool to manipulate it, but it is not important for people to learn about it. In addition to halving events and hashrate levels rise or fall. The most important thing in trading is that you have to understand Dow theory, one of the most basic knowledge you need to equip yourself. It really helps a lot with your trading psychology and it also makes it very clear about how the financial market works. By fully understanding the Dow theory, you have achieved 50% winning on your trade.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 10:45:43 AM

There are plenty of resources available online that could teach you what bitcoin is and how you could use it and how you could make money from it. So, there is no reason to actually go out and help people who are right now needing extra money, if they are looking that extra money from bitcoin they have all they need to start.

However if you are a person who is out of work and need money, just putting the one you already barely have and start trading is definitely not the way. If you want to make money just apply to remote jobs that are in the crypto world, and if you are unemployed but very well experienced you could get a remote job in crypto world that will be paid with bitcoin. That way you are both not spending the little money you have, but also getting into crypto at the same time.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 11:45:47 AM

Before we start trading, of course, we need to learn the basic lesson of trading so we can know what we need to do in trading. The very basic lesson is to buy at a low price and sell at a high price. But it's not simple as it said because to determine the low price, we will need experience and have skills so we can know the good time to buy. There are many sources that we can use to get the lesson, and I am sure that we can get the point of every lesson that will be useful for us to trade. Besides learning about trading, we need to learn about how to control ourselves in trading because trading will have the emotion from us because sometimes we will get panic, greedy, and another feeling. That is why we need to have control for ourselves.

As new people in trading, of course, I expect to see the market will increase every time I trade, but I know that will not always happen because the market will always change. So I need to adjust or modify my strategies based on the current situations, so I can try to make a profit, and if I can do that, I will have a good time to trade.
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2020, 02:54:55 AM

~snip
If I were to summarize your thoughts, I think this is the right ones.
  • Introduce what crypto trading is
  • Risk management
  • What bitcoin is and it's not money machine
  • Analyzing markets

This gives me quite an idea to do with. Maybe I could test this out only with pure stable coins. All the volatility that they produce can be profited or something.

Basic profitable trading strategy which fits all beginners is, holding. Watch markets for days and buy in possible dips and wait for months; halving is approaching hence you may get 10x profits very easily.
The problem with this one is that people are impatient and want the profits right away. I think it's better for them to gamble instead of trading. You could lose a lot of money in trading and in gambling, just choose between the two. Lol.

The most important thing in trading is that you have to understand Dow theory, one of the most basic knowledge you need to equip yourself. It really helps a lot with your trading psychology and it also makes it very clear about how the financial market works. By fully understanding the Dow theory, you have achieved 50% winning on your trade.
Maybe a simple introduction would do but not technically completely dive into how does bitcoin works at a programming level or whatnot. Trading psychology is one thing to look at for sure. I don't think DOW theory accompasses the cryptocurrency space unless you can point me to the right direction?

As new people in trading, of course, I expect to see the market will increase every time I trade, but I know that will not always happen because the market will always change. So I need to adjust or modify my strategies based on the current situations, so I can try to make a profit, and if I can do that, I will have a good time to trade.
I think this list below summarizes what you have contributed.
  • The basic principle of trading, buy low sell high
  • Know when to buy low sell high
  • Different market situations

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 05:40:50 PM

I guess we can agree that many trading methods that we already had in the world could actually be applicable to the bitcoin world as well. People from forex world actually brought in their charts, indicators, weird named things and basically all used that to make money from bitcoin, they are trading basically the same way they trade with stocks or forex or whatever else they traded so far in the history, they just added crypto that list as well.

Of course crypto is a bit different because there are many many things that changes the price of stocks or forex and so forth, but there is only one thing that changes the price of bitcoin ; people trading. There could be a huge asteroid coming to earth destroying it very soon, everyone could be in panic mode, and as long as nobody sells, bitcoin won't drop, hence its traded same way but its actually quite different itself.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 07:25:19 AM

I have been a newbie trader before but the first thing I want to learn is the bitcoin, blockchain and how these thing works. Followed by the vague terms like hold, pump and dump, bear and bull, trading, etc. Time flies and when I think I do fully understand cryptocurrency flow and actions, I decided to become a bitcoin investor before finally became a crypto trader.

You see, if you are eager to learn, all the possible things and knowledge will go with the flow along with the learnings and techniques. There are so much to learn and it takes time.
FanEagle
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1114

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 07:39:20 AM

I have been a newbie trader before but the first thing I want to learn is the bitcoin, blockchain and how these thing works. Followed by the vague terms like hold, pump and dump, bear and bull, trading, etc. Time flies and when I think I do fully understand cryptocurrency flow and actions, I decided to become a bitcoin investor before finally became a crypto trader.
I guess you just mentioned about just 1% of things, a trader needs to enlighten themselves before being a profitable trader. This may discourage people when we list all the required knowledge for being a successful trader but to travel 100 miles or 1000 miles, the first step should be just the movement of our feet which may measure only 0.000001% of total distance to be covered. Same applies everywhere. Once we start learning with all dedications, everything will be easier like 1-2-3 because when we start showing interest, nothing will be a burden or hard to learn and to get practiced to.

You see, if you are eager to learn, all the possible things and knowledge will go with the flow along with the learnings and techniques. There are so much to learn and it takes time.
There is no compulsion to learn everything theoretically. There are demo accounts or you may risk with least capital to learn practically. But, most traders once enter the watching/trading live markets, they are stopping their process of learning from books and videos. But, the best approach should be doing both. Yes, learn from both books and live environments. It would be more fun than we could imagine.

Please note; for a successful trader, the learning process never ends.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄