Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:33:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: More Bits on freetalklive.com  (Read 3061 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 04:50:00 AM

Looks like we are going to go live once again! gata love free talk live

the topic:
Lets discuses the bitcoin businesses, the good, the bad, the ugly
--------
There are many businesses out there right now willing to trade all kinds of services and goods for bitcoin, but this is just the beginning! Many entrepreneurs are only now starting to learn about bitcoin. Almost everyday a new bitcoin businesses is lunched, some of them totally unique, and some of them a competitor to existing bitcoin businesses...

Lets talk about:
- Which ones can be trusted
- Which ones to avoid
- Local (Real World) businesses
- Seek peek, of the big time bitcoin businesses under development right now.

your input is appreciated

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shuai

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 11:54:51 AM

I would love to see an approximate list of the biggest bitcoin accepting businesses, ranked by the amount of their trades done in bitcoin. Also, are there any big bitcoin-unique businesses in addition to SR?

With bitcoin-unique i mean something which business model could not function well without bitcoin.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 07:30:13 PM

I would love to see an approximate list of the biggest bitcoin accepting businesses, ranked by the amount of their trades done in bitcoin. Also, are there any big bitcoin-unique businesses in addition to SR?

With bitcoin-unique i mean something which business model could not function well without bitcoin.

ya that's what I'm trying to figure out. I don't wana talk about more then two items pre Category. I don't want to go on the air and simply list all bitcoin businesses.

so far i got these notes:

Which ones can be trusted:
  - Alpaca socks - we'll talk about what a gr8 thing bitcoin is for small business
  - Bitcoinclassifieds.net - using btcrow - for escrow

Which ones to avoid
  - e-Wallet services !  (we'll talk about Mybitcoin)

Local (Real World) businesses
   - Meze Grill
   - edle-welten.de

Seek peek
 -bitcoin.com
 - www.iforgetTheURL.com  - will be lunching with 1,000,000 products

BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 07:39:27 PM

- edle-welten.de
Interesting… they are currently actually cheaper in bitcoin than in euros.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 07:43:50 PM

- edle-welten.de
Interesting… they are currently actually cheaper in bitcoin than in euros.

i had not noticed.. definitely worth mentioning

why do you think that is?

grubles

Activity: 180

mistaken for gribble since 2011

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 07:46:58 PM

Looks like we are going to go live once again!

So, there is going to be another show devoted to Bitcoin again? I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

BM-NBi5PcH8BBqDVp7WSJe2pNgqEVvTjd6T
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 07:53:36 PM

Poker. You might mention that Seals With Cubs is agorist online poker, not really possible before bitcoin.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 08:03:55 PM

Poker. You might mention that Seals With Cubs is agorist online poker, not really possible before bitcoin.

Interesting! not really possible before bitcoin. is what we like to hear

not sure what you mean tho, isn't there many online poker sites?
please explain, what is agorist online poker, why is it not really possible before bitcoin.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 08:12:35 PM

Looks like we are going to go live once again!

So, there is going to be another show devoted to Bitcoin again? I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

it will not be devoted to bitcoin, but it we'll be on the show.

go to https://www.freetalklive.com/ on the left hand site find "Top Published" - Lets discuses the bitcoin businesses, the good, the bad, the ugly
at first it was under "Best Upcoming" but people voted it up - looks like the listener at free talk live want to hear more about bitcoin 

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 08:19:44 PM

please explain, what is agorist online poker, why is it not really possible before bitcoin.

Agorist means business without permission. If you want to accept dollars for a gambling business you can be stopped as soon as regulations change or start being enforced. The main danger in ignoring these regulations is the choke-point of banks. Using Bitcoin we can securely hold players funds and pay them quickly regardless of any third-party opinions or regulations.

I forget that some may not be aware of the recent online poker developments. The major rooms had their funds seized until they stopped serving US players. Any remaining rooms serving the US have very slow cashouts, 1-2 months from what I hear.

BitcoinBug

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 08:52:02 PM

Seek peek

http://www.bitcoindeals.com/
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 09:20:51 PM

Agorist means business without permission. If you want to accept dollars for a gambling business you can be stopped as soon as regulations change or start being enforced. The main danger in ignoring these regulations is the choke-point of banks. Using Bitcoin we can securely hold players funds and pay them quickly regardless of any third-party opinions or regulations.

I forget that some may not be aware of the recent online poker developments. The major rooms had their funds seized until they stopped serving US players. Any remaining rooms serving the US have very slow cashouts, 1-2 months from what I hear.

perfect, i will defiantly talk about this

Seek peek - www.iforgetTheURL.com  - will be lunching with 1,000,000 products

Thank you

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 09:31:33 PM

Which ones to avoid

There is no reason to "avoid all ewallet services."  Instawallet has been amazing, reliable, and innovative. BTCinch.com is also really good, and I know the guys who run it personally - they will not be scamming anyone. Flexcoin has also been around quite a while without problems.

With ewallets, people just need to be careful and understand that they're trusting a 3rd party. For small amounts, the ease of ewallets generally outweighs the security concerns. For large amounts, ewallets are probably not prudent.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2011, 11:18:03 PM

Which ones to avoid

There is no reason to "avoid all ewallet services."  Instawallet has been amazing, reliable, and innovative. BTCinch.com is also really good, and I know the guys who run it personally - they will not be scamming anyone. Flexcoin has also been around quite a while without problems.

With ewallets, people just need to be careful and understand that they're trusting a 3rd party. For small amounts, the ease of ewallets generally outweighs the security concerns. For large amounts, ewallets are probably not prudent.

Mybitcoin was amazing, reliable, and innovative. but they got hacked.

why is Instawallet  or BTCinch any different?

netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 02:34:07 AM

why is Instawallet  or BTCinch any different?

You can ask the same of all the exchanges. At some point, one must trust. And that, to me, is what bitcoin is all about.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2011, 03:20:24 AM

Which ones to avoid

why is Instawallet  or BTCinch any different?

Mybitcoin.com was also run by anonymous parties who couldn't be found once bitcoins started disappearing. As a matter of fact, many had difficulty finding ways to communicate with them even before that incident.

At least in the case of BTCinch, I can also say that I know the identities and have been in contact with several individuals running that particular service.

Still around.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2011, 03:44:11 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2011, 07:07:08 AM by MemoryDealers

Mybitcoin was not hacked,  they planned to steal everyones money from day one.

I strongly suspect Mybitcoin was not hacked, I think they planned to steal everyones money from day one.

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 04:05:50 AM

Roger, I generally love your work - but that's an unfounded claim.
It might be reasonable for you to harbour that as a personal suspicion, and it may even be true - but it's not reasonable to peddle it as fact.

edit: Whether hacked or not - the mybitcoin case serves as an interesting warning about doing business with an anonymous entity, even if it had a good reputation/rating.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2011, 07:00:21 AM

Roger, I generally love your work - but that's an unfounded claim.
It might be reasonable for you to harbour that as a personal suspicion, and it may even be true - but it's not reasonable to peddle it as fact.

edit: Whether hacked or not - the mybitcoin case serves as an interesting warning about doing business with an anonymous entity, even if it had a good reputation/rating.

I don't know what happened, but I really doubt they planned to steal from the beginning. When they opened all the coins in existance were worth one big pizza party. Anyone making bitcoin services back then was in it for personal/ideological reasons. It was a crime of opportunity imo.

I think the main lesson is that people holding tons of money better be making tons themselves. I feel pretty good about Gox because they make 1000BTC some days. Tom had big responsibility, almost no pay, and huge temptation.

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 22, 2011, 07:05:44 AM

ya that's what I'm trying to figure out. I don't wana talk about more then two items pre Category. I don't want to go on the air and simply list all bitcoin businesses.

so far i got these notes:

Which ones can be trusted:
  - Alpaca socks - we'll talk about what a gr8 thing bitcoin is for small business
  - Bitcoinclassifieds.net - using btcrow - for escrow

Which ones to avoid

Local (Real World) businesses
   - Meze Grill
   - edle-welten.de

Seek peek
 -bitcoin.com

If you can could you please plug http://bitcoincloset.com for Bitcoin related gear. Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: