Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:55:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug in the Investigations board? + one suggestion for this board  (Read 138 times)
GazetaBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 6719

Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 11:49:18 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

The bug

According to theymos,

~snip~
1. Personal information must be confined to the new "investigations" board (under Scam Accusations), which is only visible to Members and above.

However, I just noticed that the Investigations board is somehow open also for Jr. Members and Newbies. For example, look at these two topics which appear on first oage of topics under the Investigations board:

1. https://bitech-mining.com - trusted vendor? - topic started by Vinncent - Newbie
2. SCAM ALERT - XtraBytes' neverending scam continues - topic started by Sabih - Jr. Member

Besides, I also observed a question addressed by LoyceV in theymos' OP, which was never answered:

~"investigations" board (under Scam Accusations), which is only visible to Members and above.
Is it intentional that Copper Members can view and post in Investigations? I'm specifically thinking about this post.

In the above case, LoyceV was pointing a post of a Newbie user (humanrights) with Copper membership, which also was able to post in the Investigations section.

The suggestion

I think it should be stated in the board description that it is available only for Members and up, similar to the description of Ivory Tower board, which appears just below the name "Ivory Tower". Also, the rules for Ivory Tower and Seriouss Discussion appear in a sticky post with an intuitive name: Rules for Serious Discussion and Ivory Tower.

I did not know until today that the Investigation board is not should not be accessible for users below Member. Fortunately, I saw a topic started by iasenko and his words made me wonder if there are specific rules for the Investigation board:

What happens when a newbie/jr.member have some personal data of a supposed scammer and want to post it?

~snip~

Gaining access to everyone to the Investigation board is also not a solution?

So I searched for "Investigations board rules BitcoinTalk" on Google and I found theymos' topic mentioned above.

That being said, maybe this board can has also a description stating this rule? Or maybe a sticky topic posted somewhere thus everyone can see this rule?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16720

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2020, 11:55:44 AM

However, I just noticed that the Investigations board is somehow open also for Jr. Members and Newbies.
I recently tested it, but my Newbie account couldn't read Investigations. Even being whitelisted didn't help.

For example, look at these two topics which appear on first oage of topics under the Investigations board:
It could have been moved by a Mod, because doxing isn't allowed on other boards.

I think it should be stated in the board description that it is available only for Members and up, similar to the description of Ivory Tower board, which appears just below the name "Ivory Tower".
Ivory Tower can be read by Newbies. Investigations can't be seen, so there's no need to show a description either.

GazetaBitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 6719

Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 12:10:42 PM

Oh if the topics were moved then it figures...Didn't think about that. But were them moved by mods?

Regarding the suggestion, I understand your point. I also thought about it. But maybe write that in a sticky topic somewhere...? Thus everybody would see this rule...?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 12:40:27 PM

If there are no changes since 2017, there the board is not accessible to newbies and Jr. Members.
I remember looking for that board when I was a Jr. Member.
The mods have moved them, during the years i also have reported one-two such posts. Don't remember if they were moved, but certainly were removed from tbe scam  accusation board.

Rizzrack
Copper Member

Activity: 764
Merit: 700

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2020, 01:00:25 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2020, 01:13:21 PM by Rizzrack

That being said, maybe this board can has also a description stating this rule? Or maybe a sticky topic posted somewhere thus everyone can see this rule?

Since the board is not displayed / visible to Newbies or Jr. Members I personally don't see a reason to mention that in the description. That message would be added for them (newbie-jr.member), but since they cannot see it... what's the use ?
In Serious discussion & Ivory Tower the description makes sense because they are view-able by everyone.

Besides, I also observed a question addressed by LoyceV in theymos' OP, which was never answered:

One can only assume it's this:

Copper Members currently have these bonuses:

- Some of the same permissions as Member-rank members

TBH did not know Investigations was one of the perks... If you think about it makes a bit of sense as some investigations might have something to do with projects announced by newbies with copper, but that's just me assuming Tongue

P.S can newbies with copper post in Serious discussion ? Smiley)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: