Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:21:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dont sell off because of the period  (Read 948 times)
ife2020

Activity: 579
Merit: 13

Are you kind to your neighbor? Think it through

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 08:50:36 PM

I always have a reservation when it involves selling off of tokens, assets; As a trader, or an investor, you definitely can sell off your assets any time, irrespective of the period it falls; i say this because in investment, what matters is that you are in good profit; not the period.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beparanf

Activity: 2744
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 12:46:51 AM

Yes, if for the time being it's better not to sell first because the price of Bitcoin and Ethereum is in good condition and always has a good increase, and I think people who don't have the chance to buy BTC and ETH when the price is still cheap will feel a little sorry to currently.
Indeed for BTC and ETH it is very good to hold now, but not for other coins. I see a lot of coins falling today because Bitcoin dominance continues to increase. This is where the Crypto market situation in the Bullish period, but only for top coins, like BTC, ETH etc.
BTC and ETH keeps rising, if we were able to buy this lockdown or when quarantine happens, we aalready earn a lot. I already sold most of my alts that time and only secure some BTC and XRP and Im glad I made to buy some and no plan of selling yet but keep monitoring it might also fall to much after this sudden rise.

I don't believe ETH will be able to release 2.0 this year. no official announcements from the project team. Who said that Ethereum's growth has some reason?
May it be because of BTC is rising too, and those who weren't able to buy BTC  they acquired ETH. In my country also there are companies who keeps using ETH this Pandemic.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 02:08:37 AM

I always have a reservation when it involves selling off of tokens, assets; As a trader, or an investor, you definitely can sell off your assets any time, irrespective of the period it falls; i say this because in investment, what matters is that you are in good profit; not the period.
Well we know whats best with our investment. So as long as you're making profit regardless what your strategy is then thats what matter. Selling off your alts because you think its best to switch for other coins are not really a bad idea however make sure that you're prepared for the consequences of your decision.

dragon695

Activity: 449
Merit: 103

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 02:51:13 AM

Well we know whats best with our investment. So as long as you're making profit regardless what your strategy is then thats what matter. Selling off your alts because you think its best to switch for other coins are not really a bad idea however make sure that you're prepared for the consequences of your decision.
That's so true. As an investor, we are the only one who can manage and control our investment. We are the only one who can know clearly how much profit the investment has earned. Therefore, we're the only one who can know the best and make a good decision based on the profit of the investment. Sometimes, we sell and buy based on the period, the hype or the trend, but there's sometimes we don't follow the waves also!

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 03:11:09 AM

I am not a typical person who sells altcoins because see a Bitcoin pump, because if a Bitcoin pump usually altcoins also participate
in the pump too. So what for if we sell altcoins that we have for that reason. I will sell the altcoins that I hold because they do have
reached the sell target that I have set, if have not reached the sell target, of course I will not sell my altcoins.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
diskodasa

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 03:25:43 AM

At this time we can sell something because alt coin or token now high price but ETH can going to high more i think because they launch ETH2.0 so investor invest in this coin ETH sell off is good for now and get hope something.
I don't believe ETH will be able to release 2.0 this year. no official announcements from the project team. Who said that Ethereum's growth has some reason?
There has not been any news regarding this matter but surely people will believe it because news 2.0 will appear in the future. This is why the price of ETH has surpassed $300 in recent days. However, if you have made a profit then you may decide to sell out as the market may soon have a major correction in the next few months. I no longer have any ETH and have sold it since yesterday because I think this price is good for my profit.

TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 04:12:09 AM

Investing in altcoin needs careful consideration and understanding of the business field of the project we will invest in. If we already understand about the project and understand the whitepaper and the project has a solid team and is able to produce good products, I think the choice of investing for the long term is a good alternative but if in doubt, I think investing in Bitcoin is a rational choice

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 10:56:33 AM

At least, we can reduce the amount of loss even with selling in this period if we holding good cryptos like BTC and ETH. It less likely to get low and have a good potential to come higher after all bad things blow over.
Yes, if for the time being it's better not to sell first because the price of Bitcoin and Ethereum is in good condition and always has a good increase, and I think people who don't have the chance to buy BTC and ETH when the price is still cheap will feel a little sorry to currently.

In fact, I am seeing today that most of the crypto market is in red (ETH included), so when Bitcoin is rising, alts do follow in the long term but it seems that in the short term of 24 hours when BTC is pumping, everything else is trying but failing to keep up.

I agree, not a time to sell  everything just yet, but if anyone needs to book in some profits, now would be a good time for assessment.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
memed97

Activity: 1148
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 11:53:12 AM

The truth about crypto space is that having different kinds of tokens make you to stand a better chance for pump in prices. I do not support the idea of selling other coins for one particular coin. I feel having different kinds will give you a edge over other when bull run is here because we never know which one will bring a better price.
Basically this is so, but in the case of crypto space, when BTC starts to rise slowly, then some Altcoins that are often ranked in the top 10 will also experience an increase even though the percentage will not be exactly the same, so it won't be wrong if someone sells several Altcoins in order to have Bitcoin.
Iyanu14

Activity: 795
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 02:33:49 PM

Selling off is complicated i must say, and if we are being realistic; there is no faulting anyone that picks up profits in this time.
Because during the last deep dip when bitcoin went to 3700$, those who bought and invested are now in over 100% profits; if they decide to sell off the profit and hodl the initials, do you think it is because of the period ?

There are several reasons why profits are taken; and sometimes when we sell in loss; there are potential valid reasons too.

Yeah...period to sell off for individual at times might not primarily depend on the market situation on ground.  Some sell off not at their best desire but they needed to get some things done with money, so they don't have another choice and some don't really stand on having much profit before selling off, they believe in making little profit and sell it to reinvest.  There are just lots of things that surrounds selling off.
tiang_tower

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 03:00:48 PM

Obviously, what you are saying is a very correct strategy, because the most important investment is profit, not a case of a bad or good period, because there are also many traders who have profits when the market is in a bad condition, this reflects that the trader is very professional in trading.
Ceyflix-Rez

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 28, 2020, 03:08:15 PM

It's better to keep holding your altcoins, selling altcoins for Bitcoin is not bad but holding your altcoins for long term is more profitable ever, now that Bitcoin keeps surging once it's dominance start dropping altcoins will start surging, it's better to wait

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 03:41:02 PM

Some people make the mistake of thinking that altcoins are better than Bitcoin in the beginning, and as time goes on after they have invested their money in altcoins they start noticing some huge differences and seeing Bitcoin performing better than the altcoins they have invested in. When they start seeing these changes they are forced to sell their altcoins and invest the money in Bitcoin.

So, it’s always best to have this thought at the start, and know if you’re ready to hold that asset for as long as it takes. If you want to buy Bitcoin, then plan properly, invest at the right time and wait.
Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 05:46:05 PM

At least, we can reduce the amount of loss even with selling in this period if we holding good cryptos like BTC and ETH. It less likely to get low and have a good potential to come higher after all bad things blow over.
Ethereum has actually shown great signs in recent times and the announcements made by Vitalik Buterin have actually pumped confidence into a lot of investors but that said those plans need to be executed properly for the price to maintain itself and see a even higher growth in future.

I like the idea of ETH 2.0 and all the announcements being made overall, just keeping an eye on the implementation and how the market responds to it.

Coming back to what you said, I don't think anyone feels sorry to miss out on a cheaper price usually unless it is a massive drop like it happened in March and people who dumped or missed buying during that time might have regretted but not buying now I don't think is much of a reason to regret because price is although moving up, is pretty slow and steady.
SacriFries11

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 02:27:37 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2020, 02:02:13 AM by SacriFries11

Some people always think that if they invest in altcoin they will surely turn into a big win just like BTC in the beginning. There mindset are sets to be grateful that they didn’t know the huge possibility that these would be a scam or loss of their investment if the project goes wrong. If were planning to a long-term investment, we should ready to hold them really a long time and don’t bother any correction happen in the market.
We should also make sure the token we invest. New projects seem very risky now even they success in their ICO/IEO. The possibility of losing them is still high even they already tradable in exchanger.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
nicedreams

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 31, 2020, 02:39:31 PM

Yes, the time of investment should be a factor to see if you're actually making a profit for your holding time. Most traders quickly sells their bag when the price high without even think about is it really worth for all the time of holding.
perfect999

Activity: 1596
Merit: 299

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 01:41:46 PM

At this time we can sell something because alt coin or token now high price but ETH can going to high more i think because they launch ETH2.0 so investor invest in this coin ETH sell off is good for now and get hope something.
I have taken a step back and waiting to see how the so much anticipated ETHEREUM 2.0 performs and what impact it would bring to the prices of ethereum. I was riding the train of FOMO but I just realized that I better keep my coins in bitcoins and when I actually see the new face of ethereum then I should invest some because I have often been a victim of FOMO games played by various coins.

With the price floating up nicely for bitcoins, I am actually happy with my decision and I have no problems holding bitcoins and selling all alts I hold if the price keeps on floating upwards Grin.
LuciferMorningstar

Activity: 124

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 03:02:47 PM

We all have a sort of threshold point in terms of time/period on holding an investment. After a set amount of time or period, we expected to see a profit or at least, a positive sign to justify a hodl status. If not, very hard to convince me personally to keep on holding it, profit or not. There is plenty of chance of there and to me, I don't want my capital fund not doing anything so I have to sell even as a loss.
azmirihaque

Activity: 224
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 03:31:39 PM

Our main object is to make profit from our investment. Only holding for long time will not give me any income. So, I have to sell in any convenient time. If price increases, I get a chance to sell my coin and make profit. But it is correct that everyone should have a well plan to sell the coin. A single unit of price increase does not indicate the best time for selling all the time. It depends on the situation. But we should not sell off because of the period.

Argoo

Activity: 2254
Merit: 224

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 04:01:19 PM

Selling off or not selling at all could be risky at this moment. I sold off 35% of my BTC hodlings USDT at $11k on https://changenow.io
I'm set to sell another proportion at 12.5 - 13k, hoping to come true soon and buy back at 9.8k USD
This is simply how I roll at the present bull run, to avoid any story that touch.
Perhaps this will be the right decision and you will receive a good profit from this sale of 35 percent of your bitcoins. True, bitcoins were sold when their price was 11,000 dollars, and now the price of bitcoins is 11,540 dollars, that is, now the sale would be more profitable. However, one cannot count on making the most optimal decisions. The cryptocurrency market is too unpredictable.
It is possible that bitcoin will soon go to correct its price. They say that whales are already transferring their bitcoins to exchanges. Despite this, bitcoin will grow again after a while.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: