Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:04:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: White flag! the fun is being sucked out of my body.  (Read 527 times)
bjalbert (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:03:42 AM

I still have some faith but it is low. I got into this because my dork skills could do something 99% of the population couldn't do in building mining rigs that could hash like no others. The thrill, excitement, building, knowledge of clocking up or down (gpu and cpu), endless hours tweaking because I enjoy it and it is all going away. I thought for an instant that my love for hardware would payoff and us tech kings would rise above. The fact is fun is being pulled out of me like a barbed wire being pulled from my mouth to ass. It isn't about the profits but doing something I love and making bank as a result. Doing something most can't even understand how to do. Maybe we made it to easy for them and these rigs that are plug and play just cater to people with money.

This was our thing and you know what I mean. We are the ones watercooling and building rigs that push the limits just because we can. Not to play a game but to push ourselves. Our domain is being taken over by people that know nothing and expect us to get their rig up to spec.

My rant is almost done. Is the solution to not help them with configs and sell our gpus to people thinking of a quick buck when market is crap? We will rise again and Asics will plague our domain whether good or bad.

Before this happens a spark in the market would be great. A coin doing DNA recombination or some shit like that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: