Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:12:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which investment is a safe haven Gold or Bitcoin?  (Read 961 times)
FanatMonet

Activity: 742
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 11:51:00 PM

Both gold and bitcoin are safe investments in this case. For various reasons, but nevertheless.
Gold is suitable for ordinary investment to people who do not want to monitor the news of the crypt 24/7, because of which, it can fall very much.
Bitcoin is very volatile, and this is a big problem for most investors who want to invest in the long term.

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1246
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 05:32:01 AM

I would like BTC. Gold is now much more expensive than before. It can drop at any time. BTC is currently 9000$+, it can increase or decrease.  But hopefully it will grow. If epidemic Covid 19 hadn't arrived, maybe BTC would have been somewhere else today.
Isn't it the word it can drop any time applies more on btc than gold?

Gold is much stable than btc where it makes it more perfect to call as a safe haven. A safe haven is an investment that is expected to remain or increase its value for years. Which is unlikely to bitcoin because of its volatility, it is true that from the time btc started, its price is really different than before, but no one knows what will happen to its price because of its volatility.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

rodskee

Activity: 2380
Merit: 197

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 06:59:23 AM

With the recent market price downfall of bitcoin due to the crisis of COVID19, it has imparted me that bitcoin couldn't be classified as a safe haven for our investment. One indication O consider is if it can maintain its price so that it is still profitable to sell it even in times during crisis, but it turns out that Gold possess this characteristic compared to bitcoin. What about stable coins? No, stable coins are priced at dollars, and even dollar's value is fluctuating. Going back, Gold over time is increasing its market price because it's supply isn't too much. Meaning to say that owning a Gold is like having a BTC and it doesn't mean that BTC is a safe haven like Gold.
And looking to the market price now?This is the best way how to consider investing in bitcoin as last month the price went fall to 4000$ value and check today
https://coinmarketcap.com/
If we come to buy that moment and selling today means you are profiting more than 💯 of your capital?this cannot be afford if you put your money in Gold alone thats why i think better consider buying gold but put more than half in bitcoin so the more advantage of gaining.

What if people doesn't know to much on bitcoin do you think its good idea for them to split up their investment?
So theya re not the one i am pointing ,simple as that and how can
 you expect a person to make investment
 in things he don't really know?thats a suicide mate and only Fool will
 do such thing,i am talking to the general
 public who knows about bitcoin and gold so they can try it harder to
 invest on both since this is the safest way
now as market seems nothing to make stable or continues to grow.

peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 447

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 07:27:31 AM

To the Disclaimer i am just commenting what i think is right about the question.

I will Choose Gold for safety investing(without volatility and manipulation wise) and this is Physical that we can be assured will be in our hands.

Bitcoin on the other hand is best if you can risk your money and may take it as investment that no assuring of when to make a profit and when to lose.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
retnoanjani

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2020, 12:30:27 AM

snip

Please tell me when do you think Bitcoin will replace Gold as a safe haven and why?
Gold and bitcoin are investment products that are equally profitable and both have different characters. Gold has existed for decades and market confidence is very large, in contrast to bitcoin. On the other hand, bitcoin offers the speed of price growth, it's just a big risk because it is very volatile. A wise investor will surely benefit from both without eliminating one. cmiiww

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 12:56:39 AM

I would like BTC. Gold is now much more expensive than before. It can drop at any time. BTC is currently 9000$+, it can increase or decrease.  But hopefully it will grow. If epidemic Covid 19 hadn't arrived, maybe BTC would have been somewhere else today.
Isn't it the word it can drop any time applies more on btc than gold?

Gold is much stable than btc where it makes it more perfect to call as a safe haven. A safe haven is an investment that is expected to remain or increase its value for years. Which is unlikely to bitcoin because of its volatility, it is true that from the time btc started, its price is really different than before, but no one knows what will happen to its price because of its volatility.

yes . that maybe a miss write only on his side  . i heard people call bitcoin as a safe haven before but i havent hear they call gold as a safe haven  .

it could be that these people  utilize thier money more on btc more than gold . i havent tried investing on gold but i feel that gold is less risky although if i were to pick one right now , obviously i can grab btc imediately because there are many sources to easily get a btc more than gold   . 
mycryptocoin

Activity: 380
Merit: 100

Community Manager - Blockchain analyst

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2020, 02:22:52 AM

Now I beleive Gold is still safe, Bitcoin is risker. The world crisis is coming, the government are constantly printing more money, leading to inflation. Therefore, hoarding of gold is necessary and will bring more benefits than keeping paper money or expanding on investment.

Bitcoin or cryptocurrency is more risk now because the price is not stably. You can see the Bitcoin's price near time, maybe pump to 9k$/BTC and mabe lost many, just 5k$/BTC

Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 03:59:07 AM

Now I beleive Gold is still safe, Bitcoin is risker. The world crisis is coming, the government are constantly printing more money, leading to inflation. Therefore, hoarding of gold is necessary and will bring more benefits than keeping paper money or expanding on investment.

Bitcoin or cryptocurrency is more risk now because the price is not stably. You can see the Bitcoin's price near time, maybe pump to 9k$/BTC and mabe lost many, just 5k$/BTC

There isn't a clear news suggesting that countries with their respective government is now printing huge amount of money, I know everything is planned and there's no reason for them to make their economy worse by printing more fiats.

Going back, choosing between gold and bitcoin as a safe haven to consider is quite evident. Bitcoin provides us with services and Gold provides us with secured value of investment. It is not just because Gold is tangible but gold shows a stable market price over time. It might not increase that much compared to bitcoin but I think it fits Gold, the definition of safe haven. But it doesn't mean that Gold is better than bitcoin. Both assets, physical or digital have their own advantage and disadvantages. So comparing it holistically in all manner is not reasonable.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 04:25:46 AM

Which countries are you referring to?because not all countries are printing more Paper money and you are just relying on what you are reading in some threads here specially about US that has been said printing more Fiat now.
Since when that you will be expecting Bitcoin price to be "Stable"?remember that Volatile market is the proof that this is healthy and never expect Bitcoin to just pump every time and never to full back because if does then this market is BS.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: