Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:32:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where's the lobbying?  (Read 189 times)
gredinger (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 61

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 10:02:55 AM

Dammit. I wanted my bitcoin bribes for office.  Roll Eyes

---

Can the forum start a Super PAC to push bitcoin positive agenda? Gotta protect my private capital investments now.

Seems like the PAC could be used for evil, but fuck it.

Chlotide

Activity: 305
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 06:05:30 PM

Making a deal with the devil most of the time means selling your soul.
It's not only about bitcoin... it's about freedom, privacy, descentralized systems and much more!

Since you say that you are a politician, can you please share with the class your take on the Earn it bill?

We'll get to the "please sponsor my campaign" later... or never.
gredinger (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 61

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 06:25:04 PM

This is a really bad bill.

Introducing certificates for online entities... The  "best practices" part of the bill is a fancy way of saying "we're gonna force providers to implement regulations that introduce additional govt control".

(I) employing age rating and age gating systems to reduce child sexual exploitation;

Scary. Am I going to have to enter govt ID to bypass this 'gate'? This can be abused very heavily.

(J) offering parental control products that enable customers to limit the types of websites, social media platforms, and internet content that are accessible to children; and

Even more scary. Network Man-in-the-middle? Content inspection. Parents can already do this via DNS sinkhole or application installed on child's computer. Again these 'best practices' could be very close to an authoritarian state.

-----

Overall, this bill could conflict with Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights:

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: