Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:52:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dump or HODL these coins?  (Read 1991 times)
Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2020, 10:59:23 PM

I truely admire your patience for holding those tokens for such long time. The decision is really up to you. It depends on whether you are lost or profited holding these coins for the last few years.

If I were you, I would sell or dump all of those tokens no matter if I loss or gain, except for Power ledger, Syscoin, Siacoin, Digibyte and 0x. Power ledger, Syscoin are famous for regular pump and dump. Check out the market frequently and sell them at nice prices. Likewise, Sia and Digibyte have increased a lot in the last few days, I don't understand why missed such great opportunities. Only the last one - 0x is a serious project with active developers and good for long term hold.

I guess you got those tokens/coins from bounties or airdrops. If you were to invest in altcoins, there are many more better choices for you. It's ETH with PoS to come, LINK or XTZ with top volumes on Binance or even a centralized shit like XRP (/USDT) would be a better option.

That's quite some patience there holding coins he felt would be gems but apparently shit at the moment except for a few. In my opinion, I 'll advice you look out for those with regular pump and dump pattern and ride the wave to make some money while you wait for the glory day( that may or may never come)

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NS-Soul

Activity: 497
Merit: 110

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 11:22:07 PM

I been holding these coins for a few years:

- Stakenet

- Blox

- Monetha

- SONM

- DigitalNote

- Gulden

- Quantum Resistant Ledger

- Ubiq

- Nexus

- All sports

- Gamecredits

- LBRY Credits

Which of the above are Genuine projects that were victims of the bear markets and will in a year or two will climb back up to the top 50-100 rankings in the next bull market? And which of these genuine projects had coin swaps or had been hard forked within the last few years?

I also been holding these coins for a few years too, the following coins have higher rank than the coins listed above:

- Power ledger

- NXT

- WAX

- Civic

- Bancor

- Syscoin

Which of the above are Genuine projects and will in a year or two will climb back up to the top 50 rankings in the next bull market? And which of these genuine projects had coin swaps or had been hard forked within the last few years?

Finally the last coins that I have been holding for the past few years are in the top 100 rankings:

- Maidsafecoin

- Golem

- Siacoin

- 0x

- Augur

- Bytom

- Nexo

- bitcoin gold

- Verge

- Ethereum Classic

- Digibyte

Which of the above are Genuine projects and will in a year or two will climb back up to the top 10 rankings in the next bull market? And which of these genuine projects had coin swaps or had been hard forked within the last few years? Or shall I assume these coins are genuine because they survived the bear markets for past couple of years and yet still maintaining that top 100 ranking?

Maybe some of the projects you think not that active you can sell it and hold some ethereum because ethereum is one of the project that has success stories specially they will release the ethereum 2.0 you can stake your ethereum but still it was depends on you and it was depends on your plan.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Raytheon

Activity: 186
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 03:25:39 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2020, 03:45:33 AM by Raytheon

You mentioned LINK & XTZ. I see LINK is a older coin from 2017 that managed to keep in the top 20 rankings. LINK is similar old age to the coins that im holding. Whats promising about LINK that separates it from the coins that im holding that managed to maintain its position in the top 20 through the past bear markets? I see LINK and XTZ are near ATH's now which is a bit risky for me as they might turn out to be like NEO, IOTA or ADA crashing to like 10 or 20 cents or something if this economic collapse brings another bear market.

So why the likes of  NEO, IOTA or ADA crashed but LINK and XTZ didnt? The visual difference I can see between them is NEO, IOTA & ADA look like pump and dump coins in the historical charts but LINK and XTZ historical charts look totally different. Bitcoin once looked like a pump and dump coin in 2018 but the current charts changed that outlook. So is it the matter of investing in old altcoins in top 100 that has no history of pump and dump in the charts?
You can come here to see XTZ's achievements, most of them are in the real world: https://www.reddit.com/r/tezos/comments/dz1uhs/lets_summarize_our_accomplishments_in_a_single/. Currently, XTZ is the only altcoin which is usually mentioned as a ETH's competitor. You can also find some articles in here or there to get to know LINK and its prospects. Altcoin's ATH reached nearly at the same time with bitcoin's, you can see this through charts. Why do you think that those are LINK or XTZ's ATHs when bitcoin is still moving at the vicinity of half of its ATH?

The difference between these two and ADA, IOTA... is that they are still being well developed and gaining achievements. Cryptocurrency world lives on people's belief. When you write a long list of to-do things on a whitepaper but fail to do them, investors lose faiths and interests on you. That's what happening with the crashed coins. Anw, I never say that NEO, IOTA and ADA are pump and dump coins. Yes you can put your trust in some coins in top 100 but charts is just one of many aspects to take into consideration. Team, community, technology, partnerships.... are some of the others. You have to keep your eyes closely to the coins that you invested in (join telegram, discord; like facebook, twitter...). Just buy a bag of coins and let it be in a wallet is far from enough.

Lastly who will be the market participants be or who will the new investors be that will push the next altcoin bull run? And in the next altcoin bull run will we see new ATH's or will altcoins look like bitcoin charts now?

Will the new investors for the next altcoin bull run be?:

- Unemployed people from this economic collapse?

- Middle class people who lost faith in Fiat money and like to hedge in crypto? Obviously they gotta buy BTC first before they trade it for altcoins.

- Rich people or Businesses with capital who like hedge their fiat capital in crypto?

- Big Mega Corporations & Governments who pushing for a cashless society? But then again they will have their own centralized coins or will they adopt the existing XRP coin? How does a centralised coin like XRP Ripple with all the hate its getting keep its no.3 ranking for past years and also through the bear markets?

- Back in 2017 there was no economic collapse like today so im thinking who will be the new investors be coming in for the next altcoin bull run this year or next year or the year after that? Who is buying bitcoin now because it cant be the millions and millions of unemployed people who lost their jobs recently. Who has the capital nowadays thats buying bitcoin now? Back in 2017 there was FOMO with the masses general public in crypto. Now the masses public are unemployed so who will be the new FOMO people with capital to spend be?

Hopefully with answers to above will help me decide whether to hodl or dump  Huh
New investors can be anyone that you talked about. I can't tell you since I'm not a fortune teller. Or the worst case is there's no new investors, like you said, people are losing their jobs, losing money. The only thing that's worth expecting is that bitcoin is halvening. In the past, bitcoin's price increased after each halving.

Dhoe

Activity: 1442
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 03:40:18 AM

~

Which of the above are Genuine projects and will in a year or two will climb back up to the top 10 rankings in the next bull market? And which of these genuine projects had coin swaps or had been hard forked within the last few years? Or shall I assume these coins are genuine because they survived the bear markets for past couple of years and yet still maintaining that top 100 ranking?

You have very diverse coins and tokens. My advice, if there is no urgent need, then just hold it. Moreover, this is approaching halving, there is good hope in the market movement in the next few months. If there is a BTC pump usually followed by altcoin, don't miss that opportunity.

Who knows? of the many coins and tokens that you hold, there are bouncing very high. This requires analysis and a strong mentality, if you can not stand the dynamism of the market, then sell it. Or choose to strengthen mentally, with all the risks Smiley dwyor.
Right, for now it's better to hold it, because the moment Halving became the most awaited moment by Crypto lovers. Many believe that moment will make the price Crypto soar dramatically. Hope some coins that you hold include one of the Pump coins. But some people also play it safe by just holding Ethereum or Bitcoin, that's no problem, all the choices are in themselves.
bussybuddy

Activity: 1176
Merit: 105

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 04:15:28 AM

I don't see any really good altcoins on your list. So you can dump it all to choose other altcoins better, go to coinmarketcap and choose the top altcoins 20. I believe it is a lot better than these altcoins.

mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 04:22:24 AM

The much awaited halving is very near at this moment I suggest you not to sell any of your holdings, if BTC pumps I am sure even the shitcoins will follow it. That's the reason many of them prefer to buy crypto for long term only then you will find a right way, because any day you will get benefitted from your holdings if you still want to sell/ dump just do it after BTC Halving..

bitgoldpanther1978

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 04:45:23 AM

- Stakenet

- Blox

- Monetha

- SONM

- DigitalNote

- Gulden

- Quantum Resistant Ledger

- Ubiq

- Nexus

- All sports

- Gamecredits

- LBRY Credits

Which of the above are Genuine projects that were victims of the bear markets and will in a year or two will climb back up to the top 50-100 rankings in the next bull market? And which of these genuine projects had coin swaps or had been hard forked within the last few years?

I also been holding these coins for a few years too, the following coins have higher rank than the coins listed above:

- Power ledger

- NXT

- WAX

- Civic

- Bancor

- Syscoin

Which of the above are Genuine projects and will in a year or two will climb back up to the top 50 rankings in the next bull market? And which of these genuine projects had coin swaps or had been hard forked within the last few years?

Finally the last coins that I have been holding for the past few years are in the top 100 rankings:

- Maidsafecoin

- Golem

- Siacoin

- 0x

- Augur

- Bytom

- Nexo

- bitcoin gold

- Verge

- Ethereum Classic

- Digibyte

For me the potentials coins to hold in a long terms are Digibyte, Verge, Ethereum classic,
Nexo and Golem these are good and has a potentials to give you profit in the near future, and
its perhaps to be happen after the halving I guess.
@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 05:19:41 AM

I must admire you patience, courage to hold this coins for long. Some of them have plummeted so low they won't come up again. You still need to follow up on their developers to know if there anything new they are working on if not dump them. Invest in newer coins that can make up for your lost.

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 05:32:11 AM

You're really a long term holder even you already hold more shitcoins so i can't see anything for profits. Actually i didn't see good altcoins in your list so you profits chance will be unavailable. Otherwise you have to be patient now If the value of an altcoin goes up, then you can make recover loss.
tyoA7X

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 05:44:19 AM

I think it all depends on the coins we buy if the coin is only a decoration and does not make a profit it is better to throw the coin away, but on the contrary when the coins we hold will provide profit even though in the long run it's better to save the coin

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 05:53:01 AM

I must admire you patience, courage to hold this coins for long. Some of them have plummeted so low they won't come up again. You still need to follow up on their developers to know if there anything new they are working on if not dump them. Invest in newer coins that can make up for your lost.
If he has to followup on SONM that has an exit scam with coin still on binance, You will need a gut. They had one of the worst tokenomics as a hype project and they were never meant to be trusted, same as BLOX but still have the team in the project and several other exchanges to keep the trade volume but may never get price again. I will hold on to other top 100 coins on CMC with over 3 years of existence, the total market cap value at the moment is capable of protecting the project.
Jennygirl

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 07:55:20 AM

The gospel truth is that making substantial gain in the cryptocurrency space requires a great deal of patience. I sincerely admire your courage and tenacity to hold some cryptocurrency despite the fact the value has dumped tremendously. I would advise that you hold for a little while longer, because there may be a bull run in the nearest future and you can make substantial profit from the sales.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 08:18:06 AM

If you are holding these altcoins for years or for a few months and still do not have progress, better dump them. The market showed pump recently, if any of your coin pump as well better sell those coins and do not regret selling some of those in deficit price.

Rather than hoping for them to pump, it is time for them to let go especially those shitcoins that got you trapped for so long. You can still buy altcoins that is worthy and be profitable with it rather than holding some shitcoins.
Santri

Activity: 1092
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 08:25:36 AM

you are great because you have held several altcoins above for a very long time, some of them are dead and must have been a scam, among those who still have value or development should continue to hold because it might be more improved in the future

Gayong88

Activity: 1540
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 08:32:13 AM

Which is definitely worth it, takes time to crawl up. Hold until the time comes and start Seel when it's time. all that's left is your profit. sometimes there are coins or tokens that are good at them. Good Luck

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
sangjoewara

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 08:56:05 AM

you are great because you have held several altcoins above for a very long time, some of them are dead and must have been a scam, among those who still have value or development should continue to hold because it might be more improved in the future
This is not great, bro, but patience, he is very patient in holding all the Altcoins, to the point that some people have died because they were not sold when they were alive, this does look very extraordinary, but things like this are not things I like.
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 09:00:19 AM

I envy you for so much coins / tokens you've been holding through the years that i don't have an golden opportunities like you to hold  since i started joining in the crypto industry. Since crypto is all about profit, even small or big, you must also consider which tokens or coins will bring you good fortune for longing holdings and decide which of them gives better future as a long-term investments. Better sell those coins/tokens that are not profitable anymore so that you can focus on better holdings in the future.

bluebit25

Activity: 1624
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 10:40:30 AM

Why do you call it great. He has been holding shitcoin for a long time, it proves that he has no experience in choosing altcoins to invest in. Currently I see that most of these altcoins are dead, hoping he can sell them as soon as possible and invest in the best altcoins in this market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 11:08:51 AM

Verge seems to have experienced a drastic reduction in prices. After touching the highest price of 1900 sats, now the price is around 50 sats and I think this is detrimental to many investors. There are many coins that experience things like this and I think it takes time to recover because of market conditions that are uncertain
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 11:30:17 AM

0x and Eth Classic are probably worth keeping.

As for the others - it's a difficult decision. If you've held them through a long drop, then it might make sense to just keep hold of them now in case one or two do suddenly become huge successes.
The key thing really is to base your decision on what the coins are worth now, rather than let what they were worth in the past influence your decision-making too much. We are near a market bottom at the moment. CV19 has had a huge effect, but we are seeing some recovery across all coins. I would be tempted to keep what you've got and see how things play out over the next few months.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: