Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:20:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF Auction #4 - Lealana Physical 1 BTC Slabbed MS 66  (Read 774 times)
Hookzup1
Copper Member

Activity: 1211
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 03:38:11 AM

Crazy man, 1 minute late for the set

Bitcoin is a real life cheat code to gain financial freedom 😉 the future is going to be fun
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
random_australian

Activity: 34
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 03:41:14 AM

I'm sympathetic, because I wanted the full set! I forgot newbies could only post every 5 minutes though, and I'm still waiting for my old account to be returned to me Sad I would have bought the copper membership even though I only have 3 more days to wait to get it back, but if wishes where horses and all that....
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 04:01:25 AM

I bet he would probably pay a ton for the one coin he missed.

But who knows maybe this wtf guy has another lealana btc set  and will surprise us
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 04:05:39 AM

Not to be a pain in the ass, because I am stupid and probably mis-understood something, but shouldn't this auction have ended at 9:01:00?

I see his point here.

This bid should be invalid as it came in 49 seconds after the auction ended??
Has OP contacted you yet r_a? Judging by his own specific rule set I would agree that the "winning bid" is invalid.
random_australian

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 04:06:54 AM

Not to be a pain in the ass, because I am stupid and probably mis-understood something, but shouldn't this auction have ended at 9:01:00?

I see his point here.

Has OP contacted you yet r_a? Judging by his own specific rule set I would agree that the "winning bid" is invalid.

No, and I can't message OP due to this account being a newbie. Crossing my fingers!

EDIT: While also feeling bad for K-Paxian! And kind of guilty for bringing it up! But I really want it, lol
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 04:11:07 AM

I see his point here.

No, and I can't message OP due to this account being a newbie. Crossing my fingers!
I'm sure K-Paxian or the selected escrow would be eyeing these threads so hopefully the proper bid is honored here.
rxalts
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 04:28:07 AM

OP could just claim newbie bid without verifying funds and K-Pax wins the set. I am biased because they did want the set and furiously bidding on all 4 lots.
random_australian

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 04:33:33 AM
Merited by rxalts (2), chronicsky (1)

OP could just claim newbie bid without verifying funds and K-Pax wins the set. I am biased because they did want the set and furiously bidding on all 4 lots.

True, and hard to argue if he does. For what it's worth before I bid I posted signed proof I am the owner of a 2013 account. But yeah, we are talking 49 seconds here, so although I really want it, I'm trying not to be too much of an ass about it, and will have no hard feelings whatever the outcome.
rxalts
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 05:00:17 AM

True, and hard to argue if he does. For what it's worth before I bid I posted signed proof I am the owner of a 2013 account. But yeah, we are talking 49 seconds here, so although I really want it, I'm trying not to be too much of an ass about it, and will have no hard feelings whatever the outcome.

This is also class behavior for a newbie and definitely something that will fit in here long term Smiley
The real WTF (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 01:01:49 PM

Hi, I figured I should chime in.  Per the rules in the auction post, "Should bids come in within 5 minutes of the end of the auction, the auction will be extended by 1 minute increments between additional bids."  There were four additional bids within the last five minutes, [two in the 2:57 minute, one in the 2:58 minute, and one in the 2:59 minute (mountain daylight time)], so by my math that extends the auction by four minutes, plus K-Paxian's bid extended it one more minute, so it really ended at 3:05.  Sorry if that confused anyone.
random_australian

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 01:36:31 PM

Hi, I figured I should chime in.  Per the rules in the auction post, "Should bids come in within 5 minutes of the end of the auction, the auction will be extended by 1 minute increments between additional bids."  There were four additional bids within the last five minutes, [two in the 2:57 minute, one in the 2:58 minute, and one in the 2:59 minute (mountain daylight time)], so by my math that extends the auction by four minutes, plus K-Paxian's bid extended it one more minute, so it really ended at 3:05.  Sorry if that confused anyone.

ahhh, OK that makes sense, sucks for me, but that's life. I'll keep an eye out for anything else you post, hopefully have my old account back so I can bid more than once every 5 minutes!

Thanks for explaining, I appreciate it Smiley
anonymousminer
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1242

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 03:20:10 PM

Hi, I figured I should chime in.  Per the rules in the auction post, "Should bids come in within 5 minutes of the end of the auction, the auction will be extended by 1 minute increments between additional bids."  There were four additional bids within the last five minutes, [two in the 2:57 minute, one in the 2:58 minute, and one in the 2:59 minute (mountain daylight time)], so by my math that extends the auction by four minutes, plus K-Paxian's bid extended it one more minute, so it really ended at 3:05.  Sorry if that confused anyone.

You should make it more clear..... the OP says nothing about multiple bids in the last 5 minutes.  Your example is for 1 minute extensions with only 1 extra bid per extension.

Should bids come in within 5 minutes of the end of the auction, the auction will be extended by 1 minute increments between additional bids.

Your problem is the bold red word highlighted above.  

To make life easier on all involved.... I'd write it like this to avoid further confusion:

"Should bids come in within 5 minutes of the end of the auction, the auction will be extended by 1 minute increments for each and every additional bid in the last 5 minutes.  After the overtime period(the number of bids in the last 5 minutes) the auction will continue until there has not been a bid for 1 minute."

Then you need to give examples of both multiple bids in the last 5 minutes as well as what you have for just 1 bid in the last 5 minutes.  

Not sure why you just didn't follow the standard auction format used for the collectibles section.  When users try to do things different, it generally causes a sh**show.

Good luck with your sales, just hoping for a bit more clarity, especially if you are go to do things differently.
Corrosive
Copper Member
artcontest

Activity: 582
Merit: 1089

#GPGL

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 03:33:27 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2020, 03:42:40 PM by Corrosive

I think if you actually need to put up replies explaining the rules of your auction even after you have written them in black (and red and green) and white, then they simply weren't clear enough in the first place.

In future auctions, consider using the templates which we all use. That way we are all speaking the same language. If anything it just gets rid of any confusion.

random_australian

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 10:17:13 AM
Merited by The real WTF (1)

You win some, you lose some, no hard feelings on my end. Hope you have some more good stuff to sell WTF! I need a gilt Casascius.....Although not going to lie, a bit terrified about posting something like that across the Pacific.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: