Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:54:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Company's Cryptocoin Value  (Read 135 times)
seza999 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 08:05:14 PM

Hi All,

Great forum - thank you to those that made it possible,

I am trying to get my head around the concept of attributing value to a company by "creating" and circulating a company's own Cryptocoin?

1. How is the value of the coin calculated/converted to FIAT money?

2. Assuming the coins are NOT mined how does the co decide on the number of coins to release?

3. At what point does a crypto become trade-able?

Many thanks and keep up the good work.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 09:17:53 PM

Hi Seza
Welcome to bitcointalk forum.

I am trying to get my head around the concept of attributing value to a company by "creating" and circulating a company's own Cryptocoin?
What kind of value do you want to attribute to your company? Does your company need a digital asset? What would be the utility of the token you are willing to create?
By responsing to the above questions, a well experienced ceo can determine the caracteristics of the token and its value.

I wish you can tell more about your company and how do you think a coin can improve it. This is more important to discuss this before going with the coin creation process .
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 10:05:45 PM

Hi All,

Great forum - thank you to those that made it possible,

2. Assuming the coins are NOT mined how does the co decide on the number of coins to release?

Many thanks and keep up the good work.

Most of knowledge you need and ask here is in "how to create altcoin" guides.
How connect it to company to represent value its different story and depends on actual company if its digital or physical assets etc.
You need to study a lot first .
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1210

Heisenberg

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 10:59:54 PM

At the end of the day the value of the coin entirely depends on the demand. If the crypto asset does not provide something new and exceptional that would dry people to buy it then it will have no value.

There is no fixed value of coins than can be released and put into circulation but  transparency is important. If people notice that holding lots of coins, they will abandon the project because history has it that developers or team members tend to dump lots of coins they are holding into exchanges and exit scamming.

There are so many criteria legit exchanges use to list a coin such as the team, purpose of the project, legal perspectives etc

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 05:29:45 AM

~

~
I don't think there is any way you can value a company by creating a crypto. On the other hand, Rimac's motorcycle coompany shares were launched on the Ethereum blockchain but I honestly have no clue how that is supposed to work. Apparently, according to the website I have just linked, they were able to launch their own coin offering as shares through a legal binding between the investors and the company. That probably means you cannot sell or trade the shares as easily and anonymously as you can with other cryptos. Smiley

1. You can do it the decentralized way (e.g. Bitcoin) so traders value it or you could do it the centralized way (e.g. Tether) so you keep a centralized control over the price of your coin. Usually, decentralized is way more appreciated than centralized prices for obvious reasons.

2. Well, if you don't mine coins then I can only think of 2 possibilities: either the coin is PoS (Proof-of-Stake) or the supply is centralized. Proof-of-stake has advantages and disadvantages compared to PoW (Proof-of-Work) but if you're going to have a centralized supply then be prepared for quite a lot of hate from your investors and potentially interested people once they find out.

3. If it's decentralized like I believe it should be, then at any point. Once someone gets a hold of your coin, it becomes tradable through the peer-to-peer function of your crypto. If you get your coin on an exchange (you may have to pay some exchanges for enlisting your coin), traders will be able to trade it as usual too.

But again, I'd recommend 2 things:
 - Don't create your own copycat of another coin without developing it and adding unique features. It'll be considered a shitcoin and it won't be long until nobody will care of it anymore.
 - If you're willing to continue your idea, do it the decentralized way. It's going to be much more appreciated.
Malvika_sitlani

Activity: 116
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 11:43:31 AM

I will advise you to read some good books and listen to some informative videos related to crypto and any particular part of crypto. You can't get enough knowledge if we all will reply to the above 4 questions. So just read and apply your strategy in your investment so that you will learn about the crypto world.

seza999 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 02:45:37 PM

Thank you all - guys, what a community! very helpful indeed,

Malvika, any particular books/videos you recommend?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: