Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:01:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BEWARE]Someone Impersonating Ledger Facebook profile to scam everyone!  (Read 229 times)
cryptoaddictchie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1317

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 06:00:51 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4), goaldigger (2), DdmrDdmr (2), The Cryptovator (2), sheenshane (1), Johnyz (1), Maus0728 (1), plvbob0070 (1)

Another type of scammer's method

Kindly check this post on the Official Facebook Page of Ledger and I noticed that there is some message sounds suspicious. I dont think its Ledger but someone is using his name and even Profile picture to send a message as if they are one who really posted it.

https://www.facebook.com/743858569004699/posts/3035212486535951/?substory_index=0

I checked the wallet on the post and it has no bitcoin at all. How come Ledger has no bitcoin on his purse. Means this is a scammer wallet address. Just want to warn those who will read this on social media cause they are commenting directly on official social site of Ledger so maybe some will believe that they giving away like what on the photo.

Scammers address
Code:
19gUq6pWhZtmX2HUQSSLdQoqv6kjr3gKN6

thebutton

Activity: 37
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 06:21:45 AM

You know, here is the thing: if it's too good to be true then be skeptical about it. I check it out and in my display there is this grave accent on "e." Also, in my opinion, those who are gullible enough are the only ones who would fall for this scam. It is like saying I would give you BTC but first you pay me, sounds very logical to me LOL.

P.S. I just realized that there are more fake accounts commenting on that post. Here are the other bitcoin addresses used:
Code:
1GhVe3tNAG6Eg91P7A4QjWHEn8caiEuWm1
1Ki94wXodBzfgZnsFyGdYwhLC8eUE2krVG
1CcjFEjvxSXNTXrq1JnrSjkx1hXrj9fQLm
Though it doesn't really help at all  Grin

At the very least, just check first if the account is verified like some sort of a check sign beside its name.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 2181

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2020, 07:17:15 AM

If any platform either its reputed or not will never ask to their user for send money via any kind of social media. But unfortunately our greedy behavior can't control our emotion and eventually someone fall in their trap and that's how they become success on their scam plan. Every source of social media should verified from original website especially when you will receive any promotional offer like this. I know very well Ledger send mail if in case they have any promo, so don't send any fund to scammer. There is a team of scammer and they have multiple fake account which are using for fake comments. So please stay away from such as case and be aware when someone ask you fir money.
cryptoaddictchie (OP)
Legendary

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 07:22:24 AM

Also, in my opinion, those who are gullible enough are the only ones who would fall for this scam. It is like saying I would give you BTC but first you pay me, sounds very logical to me LOL.
Your very smart then. For a newbie account to brag about how easy this is. Im sure for other's this is very easy to notice and my goal is only to share this to raise awareness. If your not careful you can see how similar the username of the official page and to the one who comment of course some who are not so familiar with blockchain wouldnt be smart to check the address posted. Some people(investors) are not that efficient to every technicalities of blockchain, so these scammers are wise to put convincing way such as this so here I am helping those people. Anyway thanks for your witty and over confident feedback.

At the very least, just check first if the account is verified like some sort of a check sign beside its name.
Thanks for the advise, maybe you can share photo or image to distinguish this then.

If any platform either its reputed or not will never ask to their user for send money via any kind of social media. But unfortunately our greedy behavior can't control our emotion and eventually someone fall in their trap and that's how they become success on their scam plan.
Yes this is right. From the moment they mentioned thatbin the comment box, thats already a big red flag asking for money and give you some huge reward. I hate to admit but those scammers are quite tricky, but I do hope no one will fall for this.

boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 08:05:44 AM

Thanks for that call.

It's very sad that there are still people that believe in it. I hope that those people will also appreciate this kind of reminders so that they wouldn't become a victim.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
demonica

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 04:46:46 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

It was a fake ledger Facebook page, it doesn't have the blue verification badge and it was newly made as it was created on May 1, 2020. It may seem confusing, but the fake one doesn't have any information provided for its users, though it has the audacity to comment on the main Facebook page about the fake airdrop about an hour ago. As I look at the comment section, I've seen how people react, some believed it while another says that it was a scam. Thus, we should be mindful, especially those people who tend to believe things without doing a proper research because it's a risk to trust people with money.
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2020, 05:56:10 AM

Upon checking right now I didn't find that reply up there. Maybe the official account was deleted that scam attempt.
It is easy to spot if there's a scam attempt like this, it must appeal the word "author" and check sign logo beside the name.

Like this,

Anyway, I found someone who commented there another fake FB page and obviously no logo check on the profile.
https://web.facebook.com/Ledg%C4%99r-100226788344493/ --> fake

Only lazy and naive people will fall on this but thank you for the heads up.

plvbob0070
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 402

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 07:09:00 AM

It will kinda be confusing if you won't take a very careful look at it. It's because a fake ledger page is commenting on the real page's posts. So if you easily believe in it without checking it carefully, you can get scammed.  The thing is, they are asking you to transfer a certain about of BTC, it's already suspicious plus just like what others say, there's no verification badge beside its name.

I'm just wondering why the real ledger isn't taking any action about it. Their name can also be affected if people got scammed by this fake ledger page. They should do something also because the scammer is commenting on their own posts acting like they are the real account.

Btw, this is great that you shared this information. I also checked the page and I don't know if people really sent BTC to that address because I saw people replying to the comment that they already sent some BTC.
cryptoaddictchie (OP)
Legendary

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 09:02:44 AM

As I look at the comment section, I've seen how people react, some believed it while another says that it was a scam. Thus, we should be mindful, especially those people who tend to believe things without doing a proper research because it's a risk to trust people with money.
I think also that those are fake accounts saying that they even got some rewards when they send necessary amount of bitcoin. This is obvious style of luring others that will fall on the said scam. Let them just message directly first the official Ledger before doing any act to aboid being scammed by those thieves.

Upon checking right now I didn't find that reply up there. Maybe the official account was deleted that scam attempt.
It is easy to spot if there's a scam attempt like this, it must appeal the word "author" and check sign logo beside the name.
This is cool. I didnt recognized that there is now an author text and icon that will appeared on the original poster, this really helps in distinguishing, sorry maybe I am not so active on facebook to noticed that. Barely scrolling from time to time, but this is helpful indeed. Thanks for mentioning.

Btw, this is great that you shared this information. I also checked the page and I don't know if people really sent BTC to that address because I saw people replying to the comment that they already sent some BTC.
Those are part of their team ( the fake ledger commenting) obviously. They have some guts to pull off this low method on scamming. Money is really the root of all evil. Even Ledger has been used on their deceit.

crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1256

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2020, 12:19:05 PM

It's not just the Facebook Ledger Page, almost anything can be copied then made into a scam page. I searched for this on Google and this is quite close to what you can find on the Ledger page.

https://www.businessinsider.com/scammers-spoofing-cryptocurrency-exchange-site-urls-incredibly-hard-to-spot-2018-2#usually-you-can-tell-if-a-website-isnt-legitimate-if-it-doesnt-have-the-green-https-that-comes-before-a-websites-url-1

The additional dots are certainly hard to spot. I remember someone posting something similar to this, I can't remember though.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███