Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:52:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex Launches Bitcoin Dominance Perpetual Swaps  (Read 103 times)
Raytheon (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 09:56:57 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2020, 11:06:52 AM by Raytheon

Another creative way to rifle traders' pockets, another bait for the whales to devour each other.

We're pleased to announce the following updates to the Derivatives Product Description.

The Product Description now includes the BTCDOMF0:USTF0 (Bitcoin Dominance) product. The Bitcoin Dominance product tracks the change in price of BTC relative to a basket of seven Digital Tokens (ETH, EOS, LTC, XRP, BCH, XTZ and XLM).

https://www.bitfinex.com/t/BTCDOMF0:USTF0

Do you guys have any thought on this?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2020, 11:21:36 AM

So fresh, there is still no volume. But I think this is also a good move for Bitfinex, more trading pairs for them, more trading fees, so more money from them. This is my first time to saw a Bitcoin Dominance trading pair in cryptocurrency exchanges, especially it is a futures market.
This is kinda confusing for the beginning and also for some newbie who will try this.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 04:41:11 PM

Seriously? I mean we are talking about leverages and futures are hurting bitcoin right now and now these guys are offering dominance futures? This is starting to get disgusting man, people are moving the market however they want just so they could make a lot of money with leverages.

Basically we are such a small market right now that someone with a billion dollars could come in, buy whatever he wants with just one tenth of that money, put another quarter on leverages and then do whatever they want, like either sell it to drop the price and make money with short futures that is highly leveraged, or maybe buy a ton to increase the price and make profit from the long futures with leverage. In any case these futures are hurting the market for sure, I really hope they get SEC stop them eventually.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 10:15:10 AM

Another creative way to rifle traders' pockets, another bait for the whales to devour each other.

https://www.bitfinex.com/t/BTCDOMF0:USTF0

Do you guys have any thought on this?
This is just a guessing game as well as other types of indicators. Every exchange has different game. they always create new things that are similar to gambling to make more money from investors. I fully support this because it makes a lot of choices for traders. Everyone will be good at different types of indicators so diversifying the game is great.

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 10:19:17 AM

I think it should be margin trading rather than futures. Because the Bitcoin dominance index is not a commodity and it is really difficult to give an accurate index on the exchange. so trading like that would be insecure and the chances of us losing more. Actually we have to follow the house rules but I don't support this kind of bitcoin dominance.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████