Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:04:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear Bitmaintech, My Deepest Apologies  (Read 1050 times)
AlextheBitcoiner (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:39:57 AM

Dear Bitmaintech,

Allow me to express my deepest apologies.
As many of you know, their was a recent glitch in the Blockchain causing major payment delays which led to panic in the Bitcoin community.
For many Bitmain customers, orders were not processing, and worse yet, showed incorrect payment information.

Take my story for example:
During the Blockchain database glitch, I sent a payment to Bitmain of 4.945BTC (VIA Coinbase) in exchange for five Antminer S1 Units.
Within 20 minutes of being prompted with the QR Code, the payment was sent.

Assuming all was well, I went out to go grab dinner. At dinner (hours after I sent the payment to Bitmain) I received an email notification from
Coinbase informing me that my payment of 4.945 BTC had just cleared. At this point I was freaking out. I knew that Bitmain didn't receive my
payment within the one hour payment time frame.

I immediately emailed Bitmain explaining my issue. I then PM'd them here on the forums. After doing some research I knew that I was not alone.
Hundreds, if not thousands of customers we're also experiencing payment related issues.

I never got a reply from Bitmain. But that was alright. After 47 hours and 32 minutes, the panic attack was over.
Bitmain had confirmed my payment and they were preparing for shipment.

I've ordered two Antminer S1 units from Bitmaintech before, and I've NEVER had an issue. This whole issue was due to a Blockchain related matter, NOT Bitmain.
I apologize for ever doubting Bitmaintech. If you plan on ordering from Bitmain, do it. I plan on buying more units from them in the future.

This company sets a new standard.
googlemaster1

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:54:14 AM

Don't apologize.  A slightly more well written and informative blog post on their front page, and immediately suspending payments once they recognized the problem would have been a more mature way to handle it, but I must say, as far as mining hardware companies go, Bitmaintech is so far in the lead that they make most of the rest of these ragtag companies look like criminals.

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
povlhp

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:20:44 AM

I was also hit. Learned more about how to find the transaction in other blockchains.
There was a warning when I ordered though, first time it would not create a vallet for me to pay to. So I knew it was probably a blockchain.info wallet I was going to pay to.

Now waiting to see if I get a "shipped" message within the next hour or so, or if they have stacked up so many orders that it will be impossible to ship all out today.

I also feel much more confident buying here than the "we hope to ship while it might still be profitable" companies.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:39:01 AM

I was also hit. Learned more about how to find the transaction in other blockchains.
There was a warning when I ordered though, first time it would not create a vallet for me to pay to. So I knew it was probably a blockchain.info wallet I was going to pay to.

Now waiting to see if I get a "shipped" message within the next hour or so, or if they have stacked up so many orders that it will be impossible to ship all out today.

I also feel much more confident buying here than the "we hope to ship while it might still be profitable" companies.

WTF? i see that you're new but do you understand bitcoin has only one blockchain?

Blockchain.info is just a site that let you explore THE blockchain.... which your wallet client can also do. If the transaction was broadcasted, and later got 1 confirmation reported by your client, then you're set. No need to be panic.
black3000gt

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:26:05 PM

Regardless of this issue being out of their controll, they should have suspended transactions the second they knew there was an issue. When Roi is dependent on price vs. Delivery time these machines will not be as profitable. I would hope bitmain takes care of people who experienced delays due to them still accepting business knowing of the delays. Im expecting a nice few coupons for my delay. Do the right thing bitmain.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 02:37:12 PM

Regardless of this issue being out of their controll, they should have suspended transactions the second they knew there was an issue. When Roi is dependent on price vs. Delivery time these machines will not be as profitable. I would hope bitmain takes care of people who experienced delays due to them still accepting business knowing of the delays. Im expecting a nice few coupons for my delay. Do the right thing bitmain.

What transactions are you suggesting they try to suspend?  You can't call "backsies" once you've sent your Bitcoin transaction.  Once there's 1 confirmation on the Blockchain, it's in the history books.

That's the beauty of Bitcoin.  No chargebacks or pending authorization by institutions or card companies.

The whole issue was with their automated order system pairing with Blockchain.  Once Blockchain had issues, they had to manually process each order submitted to them.

Let's see you try to enter a few hundred orders of different quantities at 4 decimals places and ship each unit correctly throughout the world in a matter of hours.   Tongue

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
AlextheBitcoiner (OP)

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:45:52 PM

Bitmain has actually already made a statement about this. All customers who were affected by the Blockchain crisis will be receiving some type of discount(s).
Also, if you go to the Bitmain website, you can see that they just dropped their prices AGAIN! To be honest I didn't expect this at all... Simply due the fact that the value
of BTC dropped by nearly 8% in the last couple of days.

Discount+New Low Price = Very Happy me!
Bitmain is awesome.
black3000gt

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:24:50 PM

What transactions are you suggesting they try to suspend?  You can't call "backsies" once you've sent your Bitcoin transaction.  Once there's 1 confirmation on the Blockchain, it's in the history books.

That's the beauty of Bitcoin.  No chargebacks or pending authorization by institutions or card companies.

The whole issue was with their automated order system pairing with Blockchain.  Once Blockchain had issues, they had to manually process each order submitted to them.

Let's see you try to enter a few hundred orders of different quantities at 4 decimals places and ship each unit correctly throughout the world in a matter of hours.   Tongue

What i meant was once they saw they were having issues they should have put a hold on the ability for someone to order, so that they dont have to spend time confirming more transactions that pile up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: