Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:17:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having difficulty logging into my ETH wallet through MEW  (Read 159 times)
joinfree (OP)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 12:01:08 AM

Hello folks, I created an ethereum wallet through MyEtherwallet Platform and had not accessed it for a very long time till just today when I realized a coin of mine is being traded. For security reasons and past experiences I don't save private keys anymore, rather I save keystone files and their passwords to access my wallet when I need them. Unfortunately, I have tried accessing this wallet of mine and all the time I keep on getting this feedback that Unexpected token b in JSON at position 13"

Can anybody help me solve this, I have already written to the support team of MEW but have not heard from them.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptohunterX

Activity: 41
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 12:32:54 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2020, 03:37:08 AM by CryptohunterX

I think there something character be lost  on your JSON file.but you may need to perform a hard refresh to reload the version of our site you're using.

Please perform a hard refresh by pressing CTRL+F5 or CTRL+Shift+R.

If you're using a Mac, use COMMAND+Shift+R or hold down the shift key and click the refresh button.
ZaraCB

Activity: 333
Merit: 105

www.cd3d.app

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2020, 10:06:00 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2020, 04:02:21 PM by ZaraCB

After I saw your post, I opened a new MEW wallet with the keystore file just to test if there is any problem in the MEW platform?
But I saw that everything was fine.

If your password is correct, then the problem is in your Keystore file.  Check if your Keystore file is OK.

A small suggestion for you is to keep 2/3 copies of the Keystore file.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 10:59:13 AM

The problem obviously lies on the json file. With all of those years, you have never touched nor edited the name of that file, right? then that file is good but the platform doesn't read it correct. If the MEW support still don't reply, post it to the Ethereum forum.

https://forum.ethereum.org/

joinfree (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 11:22:56 AM

The problem obviously lies on the json file. With all of those years, you have never touched nor edited the name of that file, right? then that file is good but the platform doesn't read it correct. If the MEW support still don't reply, post it to the Ethereum forum.

I've never edited those files ever since so I thought everything is alright. The weird thing is that all the other wallets are working fine just this one which contains some decent amount of money lol. i wrote to MEW last night and they are saying that the file might be corrupt and they can't really help with anything more.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
CryptohunterX

Activity: 41
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 11:42:11 AM

I've never edited those files ever since so I thought everything is alright. The weird thing is that all the other wallets are working fine just this one which contains some decent amount of money lol. i wrote to MEW last night and they are saying that the file might be corrupt and they can't really help with anything more.
Have you ever log in with your JSON file before?
It was happened to me before. I send my problem to MEW costumer service
Its just say:

Hi  Chuck Guy,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are constantly working to make our services better. With the release of our new interface, a couple of small fixes were necessary. We have released many of these already, but you may need to perform a hard refresh to reload the version of our site you're using.

If you're using a Mac, use COMMAND+Shift+R or hold down the shift key and click the refresh button.

Semaja M
#MEWforce

Sorry I cant send the Picture, may be it will help you. If that cant work maybe your JSON filw get corrupt. Im sorry.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 12:39:29 PM

OMG, sorry about that.

If that's they've said, we can't do anything about it anymore. As I've said, the problem is with the json file and probably when you have downloaded it long time ago, you have unchecked if the file was all good and not corrupted.

Or, as time passed, it became corrupted suddenly and probably was affected by some apps that you have downloaded.

joinfree (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 02:15:04 PM

Have you ever log in with your JSON file before?
It was happened to me before. I send my problem to MEW costumer service
Its just say:

Hi  Chuck Guy,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are constantly working to make our services better. With the release of our new interface, a couple of small fixes were necessary. We have released many of these already, but you may need to perform a hard refresh to reload the version of our site you're using.

Semaja M
#MEWforce

Sorry I cant send the Picture, may be it will help you. If that cant work maybe your JSON filw get corrupt. Im sorry.
Sorry to hear you also went through a similar situation, but were they able to sort it out for you finally. One thing that I really don't get is I have accessed this file a couple of times just that it's been like 4-6 months ago and all of a sudden I can't log in. My keys are not saved on any online pc and I only use them on a different computer which I don't do any crypto-related activity with it unless I am accessing MEW.

masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1592

hmph..

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2020, 01:15:41 PM

You can use the alternative wallet that supports JSON file, such as mycrypto.com wallet (need to install). If nothing wrong with your JSON file, i think you will able to login. But if it corrupt, as MEW support says, you lose anything in your wallet.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀