Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:54:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you have any proof people buy BTC to crash the market?  (Read 60 times)
paramind22 (OP)

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2020, 05:21:46 PM

I have sometimes thought the big pump of 2017 was done to crash the market.  Enemies of BTC bought a lot to be able to offer sell orders at lower and lower prices therefore helping bring the price down (with public relations hit articles) whenever they wanted.  It seems often when there is good news and it seems like BTC or an alt should go up, nothing happens.  If they are still holding a large amount, Halving might not have a huge effect on price.

I'm not prone to conspiracy theories.  Wondering if anyone has any proof this could be the case.

--
a book on staking:
http://telicalbooks.com/Staking_Book_RSPearson.html

I need proofreaders.  Message me.

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 06:19:40 PM

Every crash follows human nature. Excitement builds, slowly grows, gradually becomes a mania, then a whirlwind and then one person thinks 'wait a second, why did I pay so much for this shit?' and then everyone else rapidly realises the same thing and it collapses.

Human nature doesn't change. The idea that something of that magnitude is an artificial construct ignores the more obvious explanation. It's possible it could be ignited by artificial means but it won't get anywhere unless real people latch on to it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: