Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:43:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ¡Cryptowisser, ahora disponible en español!  (Read 115 times)
cryptowisser (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 09, 2020, 12:16:55 PM

¡Hola mis amigos!

Just wanted to let you know that our site cryptowisser.com is now available in Spanish. For you who don't yet know who we are, Cryptowisser is a cryptocurrency services comparison site with the world’s largest and most frequently updated lists of cryptocurrency exchanges, wallets, debit cards and merchants.

Our focus is on providing up to date and accurate information as well as educational content for users to make purchasing decisions and service choices on. In line with that ambition, we have written 1,000+ reviews of the various exchanges, debit cards, wallets and merchants that we feature on our site.

We have now had our site translated into Spanish from a professional translation firm.

Please check it out and let us know if you like the site in general, and the translation in particular:
https://www.cryptowisser.com/?lang=es

¡Ten un buen fin de semana!
Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1323

I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2020, 12:24:30 PM

Now you are only missing a Spanish speaking CM.... it's very rude to come here just to promote your site without taking the language into consideration; and this thread will most likely get trashed because of that. Now at least, you'll know the reason for that...

cryptowisser (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2020, 12:26:24 PM

Now you are only missing a Spanish speaking CM.... it's very rude to come here just to promote your site without taking the language into consideration; and this thread will most likely get trashed because of that. Now at least, you'll know the reason for that...

Apologies, but we thought the translation of the site into Spanish was relevant to the Spanish-speaking members of Bitcointalk, which is why we posted it on the Spanish board. You disagree? We have no intention whatsoever to be rude.
Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2020, 12:30:06 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2020, 12:57:39 PM by Csmiami

Apologies, but we thought the translation of the site into Spanish was relevant to the Spanish-speaking members of Bitcointalk, which is why we posted it on the Spanish board. You disagree? We have no intention whatsoever to be rude.

Seeing that the translation itself looks kinda mediocre, and the links aren't even updated to make every redirectiong into the spanish version of said tab/page... yup, I strongly disagree. If you had wanted to actively promote it, the best thing to do is to finish building the site properly first, and then, using someone who knows the language as a contact with the community.

If that wasn't enough, I see you have Yobit as one of the best/suggested cryptoexchanges... You should only mention that scam shithole to warn people to stay away from it; but that's just the opinion of the 99% of users of the forum

Edit: Looking a little deeper into the site, I see that there's some data that is very incorrect in the wallets tab....

The wallet tab is a pain to see. First, the "top" reccomended wallets are only the ones that offer affiliate rewards; instead of being purely classified by punctuation. You only link the wallets that offer an affiliate reward, when you could simply add a link to every wallet you are evaluating at no cost (even if you don't earn from it).

The characteristics and functionalities are mixed up aswell; trezor wallets DO allow users to buy, exchange coins and redeem (sell) voucher codes (you say they don't), you say Ledger, Trezor and Electrum are not good anonimous wallets (?!?) and not easy to use?? What else... USB is not a platform, so what the hell?

There is also a lack of consistence in the format you show the data. Take hardware wallets as an example, you have Ledger Nano S (a model) there, but when it comes to Trezor (brand), you take both models into the same evaluation. Descriptions of these are not transalated. Apart from that, you sometimes use the Apple logo for iOS products, but others, the AppStore logo.

I could go on, but I don't think that's point as of now

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10760

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2020, 01:05:38 PM

Quote from: cryptowisser link=topic=5247088.msg54394520#msg54394520 , dte=1589026615
<…>
No voy a entrar a diseccionar la web en profundidad, pero es cierto que el resultado debe estar orientado a que un lector lo pueda leer y comprender al 100% en español, y no es el caso ni de lejos. Por ejemplo, todo el apartado de Wallets describe cada wallet en inglés, el apartado de Tarjetas tiene algunos en inglés, y otros en español, el blog está casi todo en inglés, etc.

I am not going to dissect the web to a large degree, but, in principle the result should be such that a reader may read and understand the content 100% in Spanish, and that is not the result by far. for example, the Wallet section describes each wallet in English, the Debit Card section is kind of a mix (some in Spanish, some in English), whilst the blog is almost completely in English.
cryptowisser (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2020, 01:41:32 PM

Seeing that the translation itself looks kinda mediocre, and the links aren't even updated to make every redirectiong into the spanish version of said tab/page... yup, I strongly disagree. If you had wanted to actively promote it, the best thing to do is to finish building the site properly first, and then, using someone who knows the language as a contact with the community.

If that wasn't enough, I see you have Yobit as one of the best/suggested cryptoexchanges... You should only mention that scam shithole to warn people to stay away from it; but that's just the opinion of the 99% of users of the forum

Edit: Looking a little deeper into the site, I see that there's some data that is very incorrect in the wallets tab....

The wallet tab is a pain to see. First, the "top" reccomended wallets are only the ones that offer affiliate rewards; instead of being purely classified by punctuation. You only link the wallets that offer an affiliate reward, when you could simply add a link to every wallet you are evaluating at no cost (even if you don't earn from it).

The characteristics and functionalities are mixed up aswell; trezor wallets DO allow users to buy, exchange coins and redeem (sell) voucher codes (you say they don't), you say Ledger, Trezor and Electrum are not good anonimous wallets (?!?) and not easy to use?? What else... USB is not a platform, so what the hell?

There is also a lack of consistence in the format you show the data. Take hardware wallets as an example, you have Ledger Nano S (a model) there, but when it comes to Trezor (brand), you take both models into the same evaluation. Descriptions of these are not transalated. Apart from that, you sometimes use the Apple logo for iOS products, but others, the AppStore logo.

I could go on, but I don't think that's point as of now

Hi Csmiami,

Thank you very much for your helpful feedback. We take the input from the cryptocommunity very seriously, so we're happy that you took the time to provide constructive feedback.

Translation is mediocre
Do you mean that the mediocre part is that it is not 100% translated? Or do you feel that the translated parts themselves are also mediocre? If the latter, that is a big problem that we need to address with our translation firm (which we paid good money for)... Happy to hear your input on this.

Links aren't updated
Which links aren't updated? Could you please give a few example. This shall be corrected.

Top rated exchanges
As for exchanges placment in our list (https://www.cryptowisser.com/exchanges/), it is based entirely upon user score. We feel that it is much better to let the people in the crypto community make their voices heard when ranking the exchanges, rather than ranking them ourselves. Just because an exchange is large or famous (Binance or BitMEX) doesn't necessarily mean that it is good, although it is of course an indicator that so is the case. But again, the ranking system is somewhat prone to manipulation. We can't guarantee that Yobit's score has not been manipulated, but we sure don't hope so.

Affiliated wallets first, then all others
You are correct that we make money by being affiliated with a number of exchanges and wallets. Those exchanges/wallets have clickout-buttons, others do not. We explain that this is how we make money in our FAQ. Sorry to hear that you feel this is foul-play.

Errors in Wallet List
Thanks in particular for pointing out these errors. We have made a few amendments and we think there might have been an error when launching the new version of our site (24 March), where certain grades/levels had been mixed up (as for anonymity, low to high, high to low). Obviously, Ledger and Trezor should have a high anonymity score. With respect to ease of use though, we still feel that they probably are more difficult to use than e.g. certain online wallets, at least for a novice user.

USB is not a platform
Right, but when compiling information in a column based format, we have sometimes used column titles that have to be "stretched" a bit to encompass all of the information it has to include. Hoping for your understanding on this part.

Lack of consistency in presentation
Good points here. Appreciate it. We'll work through this and improve.

We must also admit that we have given far more focus to the exchanges and debit cards than we have to merchants and wallets at this point. So we are glad that most of your comments and points related to the parts of our site that had not yet received all of our love so to say. We'll work harder on those parts going forward.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback. Very helpful. We will improve on the points you mention

Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2020, 02:23:48 PM

Translation is mediocre
Do you mean that the mediocre part is that it is not 100% translated? Or do you feel that the translated parts themselves are also mediocre? If the latter, that is a big problem that we need to address with our translation firm (which we paid good money for)... Happy to hear your input on this.

I meant that the quality of the translated part is mediocre; there are many things that a native speaker wouldn't say that way and it's very odd to see some things written in a certain way. I can't rate an unfinished translation as mediocre, because it's unfinished. The description of each action on the table (putting the mouse over the dot-lines in the comissions column is not translated either)

Links aren't updated
Which links aren't updated? Could you please give a few example. This shall be corrected.
-Search box
-"Ver todos" button on the landing page

Top rated exchanges
----
You may have a point there, but if a exchange has been proven to be a scam several times, you should not advertise it; even if "the people" upvote it; as there is no way to check that actual people are voting and not the exchange upvoting itself multiple times. The site is yours, and you should filter some unwanted content

Affiliated wallets first, then all others
You are correct that we make money by being affiliated with a number of exchanges and wallets. Those exchanges/wallets have clickout-buttons, others do not. We explain that this is how we make money in our FAQ. Sorry to hear that you feel this is foul-play.
I have no problem with you using referal links. The problem is that you show those first, even if they have a bad rating and that is misleading. The faq says that you use affiliate links (without saying so), but does not mention putting those services up in the list. Apart from that, you should also add links to the rest of the services, even if there is no affiliate link. That would be the most fair thing to do, and if those wallet services offering affiliate rewards are good, then they'll be on top no matter what; and you'll give a more "honest" image out to the community

Errors in Wallet List
-----
It's still not updated, but guess it will take some time to manually adjust those features. Even if web wallets are "easier" to use, you should warn the users about not being in control of the private keys. Using a web wallet as a hot wallet is not the worst idea, but people should know all the facts before choosing a service. Services requiring KYC documentation should have the lowest possible anonimity ranking, and I see that coinbase is set to medium....

USB is not a platform
Right, but when compiling information in a column based format, we have sometimes used column titles that have to be "stretched" a bit to encompass all of the information it has to include. Hoping for your understanding on this part.
Adding the USB icon so that users know that the wallet has to be plugged in is OK. But some wallets only showing the USB interface, while others show USB+android+ios+windows+linux... do you see where I'm going?

We must also admit that we have given far more focus to the exchanges and debit cards than we have to merchants and wallets at this point. So we are glad that most of your comments and points related to the parts of our site that had not yet received all of our love so to say. We'll work harder on those parts going forward.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback. Very helpful. We will improve on the points you mention
I understand you are still developing the site, but maybe, you should have started asking for the feedback and finishing the whole platform before paying a company to translate the site and launch it in multiple languages. Some filters on the table could be added too (to show the score by name/privacy/functionalities it has/...) instead of only showing it based on the star-rating

cryptowisser (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2020, 02:37:47 PM

Thanks again. Very helpful indeed. We will work try to work through your comments during the course of the coming week.

All the best,
Cryptowisser
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: