Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:19:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bet on my weight loss  (Read 294 times)
HealthyWage (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 06:29:20 AM

I've been trying to lose weight but am finding it hard to do without an incentive. I weigh about 140 KG. I would like to be 90 KG by the end of this year. I would like someone to bet on the weight loss with me so I have an incentive to do it.

I would like to wager 0.5 BTC. The other bettor will also put 0.5 BTC in escrow with me. We will do a three way video call to verify how I look, my voice, my current weight, etc. Then, at the end of this year, if I'm above 90 KG, the other bettor keeps the whole 1 BTC. If I'm below, I keep the 1 BTC. Happy to hear counter terms or thoughts. I will only use a ***very*** trusted escrow from this forum. Happy to slightly raise or lower the bet!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 06:55:15 AM

What a nice idea to siphon out half bitcoin from other's pocket!!

I seriously doubt your intention. Why don't you be upfront and post your pictures or video clips so that people get to know you beforehand? Because 0.5 bitcoin is a huge amount.

It will help the community to verify the legitimacy of your claim!

AlexSimion

Activity: 1078
Merit: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 09:44:55 AM

The other bettor will also put 0.5 BTC in escrow with me.

This is the best part , would be the easiest 0.5 btc you ever made OP , you wouldn't even have to lose weight for that .

But even if you'd be legit ,  0.5 btc would be a pretty nice incentive to lose weight don't ya think ?

HealthyWage (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 10:32:28 AM

What a nice idea to siphon out half bitcoin from other's pocket!!

I seriously doubt your intention. Why don't you be upfront and post your pictures or video clips so that people get to know you beforehand? Because 0.5 bitcoin is a huge amount.

It will help the community to verify the legitimacy of your claim!

That's not necessary at all. The community doesn't have to verify anything. The pictures, videos and calls will only be seen by the escrower and the bettor.

The other bettor will also put 0.5 BTC in escrow with me.

This is the best part , would be the easiest 0.5 btc you ever made OP , you wouldn't even have to lose weight for that .

But even if you'd be legit ,  0.5 btc would be a pretty nice incentive to lose weight don't ya think ?

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. The 0.5 BTC from each bettor (myself included) would be escrowed with a trusted member of the forum.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2020, 10:42:13 AM

Sounds like a plan:
  • Have an weight you're not happy with
  • Bet >$4000 with a stranger
  • Go to the doctor, get your stomach stapled, undergo lipo, hire a personal trainer or get prescribed (good) diet pills => lose the weight you want to lose
  • Let the stranger pay for your treatment, earn a little extra

I do applaud your quest to get healthy, but like it's been said before: it's something personal. The person taking this bet would have no control over your actions, so he'd be in a disadvantage straight from the start.
There are other forms of motivations...

Good luck tough!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
shimakun

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 10:52:21 AM

Sounds like a plan:
  • Go to the doctor, get your stomach stapled, undergo lipo, hire a personal trainer or get prescribed (good) diet pills => lose the weight you want to lose

I do applaud your quest to get healthy, but like it's been said before: it's something personal. The person taking this bet would have no control over your actions, so he'd be in a disadvantage straight from the start.

Good luck tough!
He made my day actually I thought he was joking .
I think he knew that the idea is crazy and no one is crazy enought to follow that's why he use some alt.
HealthyWage (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 11:52:12 AM

Sounds like a plan:

Good luck tough!

Thanks. That's a good response. I've been struggling with my weight for many years so I'm just looking for something new. Surgery is certainly not an option in my book. In any case, I appreciate your well wishes.
Stalker22
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1358

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 07:48:49 PM

Thanks. That's a good response. I've been struggling with my weight for many years so I'm just looking for something new. Surgery is certainly not an option in my book. In any case, I appreciate your well wishes.

Nice of you to look for some new incentive to lose weight. But what would be the incentive for the other party to risk a considerable amount?
Since everything in the digital world is easy to manipulate nowadays I think no one will risk their money for such a bet. You better look for another incentive, say, think about how your weight can affect your health.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
Kadasto

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 03:04:36 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2020, 08:40:34 PM by Kadasto

I wonder how such an argument and motivation ended. Did the author achieve the desired result?
Share your result and secrets of success. Smiley
Because I also want to lose weight. And I want to do it fast. Therefore, I am ready for the most decisive action. Wink
By the way, what do you think about legal anabolic supplements. I read descriptions https://jbhnews.com/best-steroid-to-lose-belly-fat-easy-for-beginners/23699/ of such drugs. Is it really safe? How long can I achieve the desired result?
Maybe someone tried. Interesting to know. Cheesy
iamsheikhadil

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 03:15:13 PM

Lol, but the catch is, even if everything goes right and all, who would trust on the weight machine you are gonna use? You can easily manipulate, reprogram and everything, and the incentive (0.5 BTC) is enough to make you do it or anyone, if you were going to lose.

The thing is, this bet can only work 100% if you and the bettor knows each other and are going to use weight measuring machines which are both trusted by you, and not single time but multiple times. I don't think you are going to find a member here on forum who wanna net with a complete stranger on terms like this!

A better motivation for you would be to try to date a girl online and say you are slim af and healthy. Then engage in online flirting and continue this for a year with a plan to meet her after the end of year (make excuse like pandemic/lockdown) and try to be the body you said you are to her in the mean time!
Crypto22265

Activity: 215
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 10:43:40 PM

Why would a complete stranger risk his bitcoin to wager against you when he doesn't know absolutely nothing about you? This kind of a bet is '' good'' to make with your close friends or family that know you well and also know the type of person you are and for how long you've been trying to lose weight but couldn't do it. In any case, i don't know if even them would wager 0.5 bitcoin which is almost $5k because the odds are obviously in your favor since it's not some sort of competition we are talking about here.
btc.jack

Activity: 185
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 12:30:27 AM

Sounds like a big job for for anyone to take serious , if you escrow the funds first and show that you are serious you might get someone to take you up.
Besides escrow try to also maybe to tier levels i.e per month people tend to hate waiting forever or in this case a whole year
EndimyonsDream

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 02:18:20 AM

Sounds like a plan:

Good luck tough!

Yeah lol

So many ways to manipulate withnthis kind of bet, anyone betting on this kind of stuff must be outright crazy Cheesy
3227jw

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 04:46:54 AM

Since the other person putting up money has 0 control over what you do whatsoever, I seriously doubt that anyone is willing to do that. If you are gonna do it your way, you should just do with your friends or family.

Here is a better way to do this on here tho:
Why don't you just put up 0.5 btc to the community by yourself?
If you do not reach 90kg by the end of the year, you ask people at this forum to reply their BTC addresses and you send 0.1 BTC to five random people of your choice(or however you want to divide it).
If you do reach your goal, you get to keep your 0.5 BTC.

Now thats a motivation.

libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2020, 04:25:27 AM

What a great post, you don't find healthy body enough 'incentive'?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███