Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:41:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain technology in universities  (Read 785 times)
Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 03:56:13 AM

Can blockchain technology help universities and colleges?

It might be, the way I see this is for storing students' information, transactions to their registrars, and blockchain to support the overall university's system. Especially to make sure that their records will be invulnerable, and reliable just like the way how blockchain helped supply chain systems and cryptocurrency.

There are tons of ways how blockchain could be implemented and I think it might be applicable to universities as well.

For example blockchain is intended to validate diploma data.

Like this, if someone intends to fake his diploma, universities could have a decentralized system to validate the authenticity of the applicants whenever they are applying for jobs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LorenoCoin

Activity: 293
Merit: 11

Eros Di Caeli

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 01:43:46 PM

I think that blockchain technology will always be important, that it will be used for various trading platforms.

That this technology is developed in universities is a good idea, since in countries where this technology is more developed they can develop new features to improve this system, such as improving privacy, speed and perhaps the commissions to use it. We must not forget the implementation of this technology to banks.

In less developed countries, this technology can be very important for solving theft, corruption or possible hacking problems by computer organizations.

I think that knowledge of Blockchain is a necessity in universities.
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 02:28:30 PM

There are some post in the past that says there are universities that has Blockchain courses in their schools but in
our country there are only Humors but yet nothing happens.
But for me?this is one of the best innovation schools may have in our time now and i will be glad if my children will
 learn this in universities and colleges .

I think that blockchain technology will always be important, that it will be used for various trading platforms.

That this technology is developed in universities is a good idea, since in countries where this technology is more developed they can develop new features to improve this system, such as improving privacy, speed and perhaps the commissions to use it. We must not forget the implementation of this technology to banks.

In less developed countries, this technology can be very important for solving theft, corruption or possible hacking problems by computer organizations.

I think that knowledge of Blockchain is a necessity in universities.

exactly mate,this is very necessary now for all the students in colleges because this is another education that is
very competitive for the next generation people and
 those are our childrens.

sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 03:16:03 PM

Blockchain technology can help almost every sector of the economy, whether it be banks or a fish market. Wherever there is a need of a ledger, blockchain technology can be utilised as in case of universities, they can publish the documents or certificated of students on the blockchain and provide each individual with a private key to access their own documents, in this way there would be less cases of lost documents and stolen documents and also of forgery.
Also more and more universities should include the blockchain training programme in their collages in order to make them more aware of the technical advancements happening in the world.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 09:04:53 PM

Blockchain can help universities and colleges in lots of ways, even if it's just for payments, it's going to make payments for services to be a lot easier. And I don't think it's all about payment, there are other ways that Blockchain can be useful in universities, they can use the Blockchain to give control to students and educators over their own information. Instead of having to go through a long process, they will have easy access to their information on the Blockchain. Like I said it doesn't end there, there are lots of things that can be achieved by making use of Blockchain, it all takes time for us to discover them.
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 09:26:59 PM

Here's some links on universities that do already had that Blockchain included in the curriculum;

https://medium.com/amcgroup/9-global-universities-offering-crypto-and-blockchain-courses-1ba2d78b4019
https://howtostudyblockchain.com/blockchain-degrees/
https://www.accounting-degree.org/college-cryptocurrency-blockchain-courses/
https://coinsutra.com/university-blockchain-course/
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 03, 2020, 09:09:23 AM

Singapore puts Diploma Certificates on Ethereum Powered Blockchain Platform – OpenCerts Source of the link: https://blockmanity.com/news/singapore-puts-diploma-certificates-on-ethereum-powered-opencerts-blockchain-platform/#:~:text=Singapore%20puts%20Diploma%20Certificates%20on%20Ethereum%20Powered%20Blockchain%20Platform%20%E2%80%93%20OpenCerts&text=Graduates%20from%20local%20schools%20will,news%20outlet%20Channel%20News%20Asia.

Some schools are using it already! Singapore is one of the advanced countries, many countries are far
behind, including mine. With Blockchain it's not everything about payments, it can be used for many other
things. For me secure access to information from any device is what can help all of us!
   We can't relay on papers and traditional internet security. Blockchain solves that problems, it's why it
will be more used by all in the future.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
klavyemaus52

Activity: 571
Merit: 113

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 08:46:35 AM

I studied banking and insurance at my university.
I would like to get blockchain lessons at my university it would be great.
But governments just ignores bitcoin and blockchain its really sad.
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 02:59:30 PM

I think blockchain technology could help universities from making fast transactions by paying tuitions fees through online without driving yourself to school. Blockchain could not only help universities because it could also help businesses and big companies to make a fast and secure transactions when they are making a deal with other companies or businesses. But the governments in other countries still ignores the benefits of blockchain technology because they are still comfortable with the use of traditional payment systems.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 08:01:40 AM

Just my friend surprised me that he is going to have blockchain based elective for his post graduate degree, and then I find this topic but it is talking about implementing blockchain technology for making things efficient in terms of against manipulation and any other data storing problems.

Yes, blockchain technology can improve education in lots of ways. As we start to implement this technology into schools we will continue to discover more ways that we can make use of it. First I will be pointing out what most people have mentioned which is helping as a way to transcript; most schools these days are using a manual process in identifying credentials and you know boring that can be, but with Blockchain everything will be made more easy. Next is that it can be used in storing student records, and that has already been proven when Sony and IBM partnered to create a platform that does just that.
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 09:24:14 AM

That would actually be a great place to start learning about Blockchain since you would be learning in groups and you can exchange a lot of ideas. It can also appear in thesis projects since it would now be available for teachers to guide them if they are knowledgeable about it.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 04:02:00 PM

For payment system maybe yes. But outside this area, I am thinking if there is an advantage for it. Schools are an active institution for learning and the idea of blockchain is more appropriate on business sector or innovation firm where blockchain can be more suited and be more helpful. I'm not saying it can replace other areas such as banking, financial loans etc. Maybe for tuition fees they can used blockchain as alternative payment aside from normal cash, credit card or check. By these they have more outlet for convenience of their students that are into crypto payments.

But that's the reason he asked this question, what will happen if we see blockchain technology to be implemented in those universities?

Right now, we only see blockchain technology really effective in making transactions faster and making businesses become more effective and grow. Payments are really much more effective when blockchain was invented and especially that cryptocurrency is becoming more popular nowadays. There are a lot of people who engage in cryptocurrency, and I believe that when this blockchain is applied in universities, students will relate and learn more about digital currency works and how cryptocurrency transactions matter to us.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 05:03:57 PM

That would actually be a great place to start learning about Blockchain since you would be learning in groups and you can exchange a lot of ideas.

It will developed more inside you, once ideas being made and lots of inputs being shared, it will really a continuous growth for your knowledge.

It can also appear in thesis projects since it would now be available for teachers to guide them if they are knowledgeable about it.

It will helps the future to enhance and developed more from those ideas that being collected, a win win for everyone who will showed interest.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2020, 06:38:34 PM

I believe that teaching blockchain is necessary for students who need to have this knowledge for their profession.--
Moreover, this technology is very suitable for the future. Many aspects can be combined with blockchain, its many and flexible functions enable the creation of unique new niches. Conventional systems can be improved in effectiveness, thereby saving time, energy, accuracy, and other technical matters.

Likewise in universities or the world of education in general, the adoption of blockchain is very likely to occur. For example to facilitate the validation of diplomas, the authenticity of scientific work, so as to minimize the existence of plagiarism or forgery.

The future is of the block chain technology. There are several universities in my country which have included block chain as a subject and also it is important to mention that block chain is not only limited to bitcoins.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 06:58:44 PM
Merited by milewilda (1)

See blockchain is some high level technology which was long thought about by people where it would eleminate the multicentric tasks, it's very simple, very efficient and very effective .

Blockchain is a very Transparent network which can help eradicate the corruption from the governmental bodies too.

Here are some examples where the blockchain can be used *credits are reserved for the people who made it* , therefore I want to prove a point that it's not just Universities and college where it can be used there are a lot more implications , depends on the acceptance by the body themselves.

It can :
1. Store data for the college
2. Store the log of funds being transferred in the university's account
3. More secure
4. Transparent
5. Put an end to corruption

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 08:49:58 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2020, 09:30:09 PM by milewilda

It can :
1. Store data for the college
2. Store the log of funds being transferred in the university's account
3. More secure
4. Transparent
5. Put an end to corruption

Transparency will end up all the corruption and all shady things that do happen when they do still make use of the old system.Basing of on the image you had shown about its application then it do indeed
shows that this isnt only applicable on Education aspect but in all sorts of Industries that we can think of, not only talking about transparency but also the accessibility and the security which had been
the most important aspect specially on data storage and similar thing.There are already schools and institutions that had considered on adding blockchain tech for a while now and sooner or later we would
really able to saw that big companies or even small ones would gradually do the thing.

Dedewahyu

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 08:05:40 AM

University applied blockchain as a subject or administrative system is very good
if blockchains are applied in the administration system, transparency and security will be very well maintained
This is what I am waiting for, namely the application of blockchains in the education sector

ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 10:23:56 AM

Blockchain Technology should have an spot within the Information Technology departments of Universities since it really plays a huge role into improving platforms and not just Cryptocurrencies. Blockchain Technology can be used within Cloud Technologies and that would improve the security of technologies integrated within it.
Warkop

Activity: 1148
Merit: 270

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 12:04:14 PM

In my opinion it all depends on the university itself, how they agree to improve learning about Blockchain technology, if the university agrees to add this lesson it might be even better for their future, because I think knowledge about Blockchain technology is very important and will be useful in future. So if they want to invest in cryptocurrency, they already know what to do in their own way.

milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 12:07:53 PM

For sure it will help without any hesitation. Data of students, of diplomas and different sertificates,  Olympiads, competitions, the various tests and exams and its results could be kept in safety and lots of financial questions of universities budget will be solved in a one clique - Blockchain will ensure transparency - how and for what the budget is spent. Everything will become more clear. And of course thinking broader Blockchain can help with transparency for lots of different directions of peoples lives.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: