Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:22:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's some talk about protfolio management!  (Read 184 times)
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2020, 05:19:24 AM

If you want to put your money into bitcoin AND some alts, that is not enough neither, because when bitcoin goes down almost all alts go down as well, and if it bitcoin goes up almost all coins go up as well, there is rarely any difference, it is not enough at all, yet it is at least bare bottom what you can do, better than only having just bitcoin because that is riskier.

I think diversifying with alts is riskier than just holding some bitcoin. If bitcoin got bearish, say, got -10% a day, most alts would suffer more than that, and it might take a while for them to recover. Prolly longer than bitcoin to recover itself. You'd better hold bitcoin only if you want to avoid the risk and only go that way if you want to 'gamble' with some alts, hoping they could net you 2-3x in the next few months.

A better diversification would be crypto and other assets if the target is avoiding risk with moderate gains as the target.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rulelies

Activity: 277
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2020, 01:34:13 PM

When the farmer has also observed that some parts of the land are more fertile than other parts, he tends to sow more on the fertile part.  In other words its best to invest more in promising coins.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord             synthetic asset trading 
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange 
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
May 19, 2020, 02:35:48 PM

You have quite a good example impressive comparing it to farmers and seed  Grin That is a common newbie mistake to invest in bad seed, I was once in that situation before, I keep holding it I was hoping it will bounce back until it reaches no value at all. What a big mistake, regrets, and disappointment. But I consider it as a lesson now I only select few coins it is not necessary to divide your asset you can invest in one asset like bitcoin it is the safest investment in cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: