Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:07:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Building a mining rig as an investment?  (Read 120 times)
Mval (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 07:27:19 PM

Well, I know everyone says that gpu mising is not profitable right now when you can get only like $1 profit a day per gpu. But due to this mining equipment now is pretty cheap, gpu's are not very expensive as well. Also cryptocurrencies should gain more attention in future with bitcoin price going high due to recent halving and worldwide inflation of fiats.

So I'm consider getting a 6x RX 5700 Evoke 8GB, each new one costs about $420 in my country. NiceHash calculator shows me that currently I'd get $3 per day after paying for electricity. It's not much of course when compared to cost of the righ which would be around $2800, but like I said before cryptocurrencies can expect another "rush" in the future. I also would hold all the btc I'd mine.

And therefore I have few questions: What do you think, is it better to build a rig and "mine for the future" or just invest money in bitcoin or other crypto? Also, If I decided to build a rig with RX 5700's now how much time they would be viable? Are they still would be considered at least medium gpu's in 2-3 years?

Thanks for every opinion! Wink
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 06:56:05 AM

The RX 5700 hash at 50MH/s or so, it would net $0.80 before electrical costs. Just get an RX 470/480 8GB and get 30MH/s but the GPUs can be aquired second hand for like $100 USD. There are tons of people that are still liquidating their farms from 2018 and need to get rid of all this inventory.

One thing to keep in mind is that ETH sometime in the future will go POS, hence mining will not be possible anymore. I think the main launch was set for Summer 2002 however most likely it will get pushed back due to Covid19.

In my opinion, just buy some crypto and hodl the coins and save yourself the headaches from the crashing rigs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: