Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:37:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Airdrop scam detected  (Read 612 times)
Latines

Activity: 980
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 06:28:52 AM

I have not opened letters for a long time if they come from those projects in which I did not participate. It’s clear that this is a fake. Everyone is trying to deceive, the main thing here is not to start reading, otherwise you can believe it, they speak too fluently.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 06:35:37 AM

Of course it's a scam, I like the fact that you contacted the team yourself, I hope newbies can learn from this strategy of yours, its life saving, I guess OP uses his email address in airdrops and bounties that's why spammers send scam mails to you

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2020, 07:07:12 AM

And this is where question comes that does our kyc information safe?
Second, I don't really give much importance to airdrops. We should be care of such ponzi schemes.
Thanks for your research and everyone should do the same to avoid losses.

rajakulam

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 08:59:08 AM

I thought that every e-mail user and especially the crypto enthusiast knows that 99.9% of emails coming from strangers to his or her email box are fraudulent. It's very strange that you still believe in spam mailings in 2020.

I never trust personal emails that I never opt to subscribe, it's bad marketing and unethical, that is why Gmail is flagging these kinds of mass email services, I never bother to read the whole content I just move it to spam if it landed in my main folder and I never read anything that is on my spam unless I expect email coming from sites that I trust.

I also do the same thing as you do, if we think the site/link is not important then don't bother reading it, because it will take time and make you fooled, right now there are lots of spam links sent to hunter's bounty emails.

saint_casanova

Activity: 234
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 12:18:24 PM

So do you know or use any site related to ntradingbot and how did they know your personal email? I know as long you don't click suspicion link or spam then you're safe but letting your personal email exposed to scammers and their network is still worrisome.
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 02:36:44 PM

good that you detected a new airdrop scam, for sure many crypto users will fall for this scam because it looks legitimate stellar airdrop. I hope that they do research first before to join airdrop because 90% airdrops are scam nowadays.
BlacksmithCorporation

Activity: 438
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 02:49:12 PM

The current airdrops are mostly scams and bullshit, I get a lot of emails similar to yours., I will ignore them and create a filter to stop them.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 04:17:06 PM

Its not actually new, all of these scam airdrops done by google forms (plus with ID verification) are here since 2016-2017 when many newcomers join the market looking for free earnings opportunities.  Smiley

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
ragavancoin

Activity: 1432
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 04:22:28 PM

As other mates told I also receive so many mails but i just ignore those. I never open those mails even. Newbie should be more careful about such things. I never click on those sites even, they scam so just open the trusted sites

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
.CYBERTRUCK.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 04:37:45 PM

Scammers always doing this kind of shit.. they will use a project to scam people.. sending emails,, mentioning you on social media..
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2020, 04:47:45 PM

I have not opened letters for a long time if they come from those projects in which I did not participate. It’s clear that this is a fake. Everyone is trying to deceive, the main thing here is not to start reading, otherwise you can believe it, they speak too fluently.

I have not open an email in years. All the email addresses I use today are just throw away emails, unless I take the exchange seriously ten I will use my personal email. The scammer must have sent his email to a real email that is checked and its Op's email.  Somehow this scammer is very traditional because normally these days they all are just using social media accounts.

Festac

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 04:52:45 PM

It's wise to create separate emails for Airdrops and bounties just because of scammers and spammers, sometimes you will promote the wrong projects that only aim to get your email address so that thy can start sending you trap mails and phishing mails too, be careful, I don't bother reading such mails

cepot9

Activity: 1050

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 05:00:59 PM

I thought that every e-mail user and especially the crypto enthusiast knows that 99.9% of emails coming from strangers to his or her email box are fraudulent. It's very strange that you still believe in spam mailings in 2020.
Not all of it is a scam. I also get a lot of spam email but I always check them because it's interesting, they only look for referrals for them. I checked the project they were informed about and it turned out to be true, they really did hold an airdrop campaign and others. But never visit the url they send to avoid phishing.
Olaphash

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 05:05:19 PM

It's better not to use your main email for airdrops and other freebies shits or you'll keep spam mails like this one. And also try to verify any airdrop from official group before joining.
homhay

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 05:31:02 PM

do not pay attention to messages sent to emails like that, because it will make you dissolve in the delusion by the urge of spam email, I get emails like that but I ignored it and immediately put it in the trash because now a variety of ways are done in order to reap the benefits from us.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Instagram◂ | ▸Youtube
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 05:45:02 PM

You can easily recognize the scam, all of these hot emails or telegram aggresive spam messages are promoting only scams. The real and valuable projects are listed on airdrop websites like: airdrops.io, airdropking or airdropbob.  Wink

ije07

Activity: 1414
Merit: 250

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 05:52:54 PM

good that you detected a new airdrop scam, for sure many crypto users will fall for this scam because it looks legitimate stellar airdrop. I hope that they do research first before to join airdrop because 90% airdrops are scam nowadays.
yes, and that is indeed one of the new airdrop scams today. as we have seen about how scamers launch their actions through gmail bot attacks or telegram bots. on the other hand not only with them, but for us all especially for crypto users more thoroughly and selectively before joining any project.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
bussybuddy

Activity: 1176
Merit: 105

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 06:24:53 PM

The current airdrops are mostly scams and bullshit, I get a lot of emails similar to yours., I will ignore them and create a filter to stop them.
It is a smart decision, never to participate in any airdrop and bounty promoted via email. Most likely those are fake airdrops and scams, don't waste time with it. Just ignore those emails and continue to do research here to choose good campaigns to join

oli123

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 07:05:09 PM

Attempts at scams are very widespread and scammers are resourceful. The first information is a questionable email and then of course the other steps. Mostly they want to get an privkey from you that scammers want to abuse.
You need to be careful not to give such information to anyone, especially not to a third party you don't know.
Mammothcoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

KoinPro

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 07:45:40 PM

The number of scammy airdrops just seems to increase on a daily with these people inventing new ways to defraud unsuspecting victims. It's truly appaling, there are fewer legitimate airdrops with most just farming people's details to use for malicious purposes.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: