Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:53:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *SCAM ALERT* www.dcx.eu  (Read 223 times)
Makforce (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 11:24:58 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2020, 12:30:00 AM by Makforce

Company: DCX
HQ Office: Manchester, UK
Sales Office: Warsaw, Poland
Products for sale: Liquid Mining Enclosures
Tomasz Buk, Sales manager
Maciek Szadkowski, CTO (whatsapp +48601228528)

I contacted their sales team in January 2020 and Tomasz Buk was their lead sales person. We had contacted by email about the enclosure I needed for my 8 Whatsminer M20S miners. My total cost was about $6000 landed. I purchased it, wired them the money and waited. Initially I was told a month at the most to arrive at my door but it ended up being 2 months, which was ok. The enclosure arrived on a crate with everything I purchased. I set it up using their youtube guide to everything exact, problems that occurred: 1-Leaking issues at the two output and input pipes, which took me two days to fix.
2-The fan and copper radiator system cannot cool the liquid in the box down fast enough. Every 5 seconds, it increased of 0.1 celcius until it reached 75C where my miners are overheating and shuts off. I contacted Tomasz about this issue and was directed to Maciek Szadkowski, whom was the CTO at DCX. Maciek was the main person created the enclosure to sell to the public, he emailed me back and asked me to contact him on Whatsapp so he could assist me to resolve my overheating issue, instructed me to take all the pictures and tell him all the temperature of the place I put my miner setup in, which was my garage at 25C, I also bought a AC unit blowing 15C directly towards the fans to try to cool the liquid down faster but it still didn’t work.

He wanted me to try to move my miners around in the enclosure in a different pattern, which didn’t work. Then days later, he wanted me to try a different direction, which also didn’t work. I tried everything he asked, to at this point I’m wondering if this enclosure even works at all, if it works then why would he want me to try this and try that? Then he wanted me to put my fan/radiator outside of the garage, which was 37C-40C outside instead of 25C inside, because he said outside temp, even though 37C in the hot sun would cool the unit down better than inside the garage which was 25C, which absolutely made no friggin sense whatsoever. I was only able to get 1 of my miner working in the enclosure at 45-50C constant temp, with a separate AC unit blowing 15C freezing air at the radiator, if I put in 2 or more, it wasn’t able to cool it down fast enough, it’ll reach 75+C in 20-30 mins and all my miners shut down automatically due to extreme heat.

After talking to him back and forth for days trying to resolve this issue, I asked him if they have any proof of concept of it working properly? He said nope. So they basically created this enclosure not even knowing that it’ll work, Maciek just says it works but they don’t have any proof of it working. I asked them to make me a video of them putting miners into their enclosure and showing me the temp proving their system works, Maciek said he’ll do it next week. A week went by, I text him to see how it’s going with the proof video, he saw my message but didn’t reply, so I text him a couple of days later and still, no reply and now he’s ignoring me without any replies.

Conclusion: They are selling Liquid Cooling Enclosures for Miners that supports 8 miners in their enclosures without any PROOF that it works at all. We are the BETA testers for them, costing me $6000 to BETA test for them. I don’t know what to do at this point, I’m extremely devastated by this, I wired $6000 to them and I don’t know who to contact to get my money back or at least half of it. Anybody out there know how to deal with this problem, please let me know. This is a message to all those trying to buy an enclosure from these DCX people, they don’t have any proof this thing even works. They are scammers, beware.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 12:57:39 AM

until it reached 75C where my miners are overheating and shuts off

That's worse than the normal air cooling, my M21s run at about 75c when the ambient temp is well above 35c, there is a good chance you are doing something wrong, I mean even if the system was terrible, they shouldn't get this hot, have you inspected the pump?

Anybody out there know how to deal with this problem, please let me know.

Nobody here would help you with that, probably the local police will be the best people to contact, although this is not an obvious scam, you received the product you paid for, but it didn't work as they promised,  so this is not a simple issue of you suing them for stealing your money, it will be a very long process, which might cost you more than what you paid.

You probably want to visit/call them and ask for a full/partial refund, or get them to send someone to fix the enclosure, it could be a very minor issue they could fix in an hour or so, don't curse them and be polite and consistent.

Please move this to scam accusation.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Makforce (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 01:37:57 AM

Yes, we (me and Maciek the creator of the enclosure from DCX) tried and test everything for a week. Nothing worked. The pumped liquid coming in has a lower temp but the fan and radiator wasn't capable of reducing the temp well enough. The miners created more heat than the radiator can lower. It's a flawed product. They don't even have any proof that it works as Maciek said...he just thinks it works without any proof.
DCX

View Profile
May 19, 2020, 10:38:46 AM

Hi, a word from our side - so its like you try to ride your car. On reverse gear. With the parking brake on. Complaining why it's not going 80miles per hour. And that's the case. I will gladly provide all photo documentation and correspondence with this customer. See below:

System is simple and we do provide video manual how to install it. It's like follows:

a) install enclosure inside

b) install drycooler outside (horizontally) ---> he installed that in closed garage and vertically. It will not work. There is no way to get any heat exchange. Air goes in circles in a closed room.

c) connect / fill / run.

d) isolate the flow in the enclosure (so it goes through the miners). --> he's refusing to do that.

And this person is only one customer who refused multiple times to do those simple steps. We sold multiple enclosures and got so far 2 customers (including that one) which managed to either damage the system or refused to correct installation. Now we are asking him, almost begging I believe 6sth or 7th time to just apply this correction. WHAT ELSE WE CAN DO if the customer is refusing? He's refusing to cooperate and to provide photos of the corrected setup. Of course, all equipment can fail, they may be some problems with installation, there can be transport damages - multiple issues which can be solved as with any other installation - just simple cooperation will help. But this issue is customer refusing to do anything we ask.

I will gladly provide full correspondence with this customer and photos. Below just excerpts when we ask 5 times to do simple corrective actions: ---->

"23/04/2020, 09:21 -Maciek DCX: Summing up

Miners will shut down because you are not removing the heat from them. Whole colder fluid goes through the enclosure opening. It goes exactly as shown in previous drawing - in the middle of the enclosure. Hits the opposite wall, goes up. It does not go through the miners and does not extract the heat from them properly. ---> please do as shown in the drawing before:- Locate the miners closely on one side.- Then close the opened areas with plastic containers or towels and then plastic container. - Close all open areas around the miners.- Then the fluid will go through the miners and not around and the heat exchange will be achieved

Drycooler is circulation the same hot air. Small HVAC unit with low capacity will not be a match to the 10-15-20kW of heat capacity. Small stream of cold air is isolated in small area of the drycooler (large as your cold air pipe_ and goes down from the drycooler. Hot air goes up, hits the ceiling and is again circulated into the drycooler. And the heat is building up so you circulate even more hot air. Please do as advised before:---> - Remove the drycooler from the closed area. It needs access to the fresh air and be located in the way that the hot air can be removed from the location - Dry cooler should be located outside ideally under some sun shade, ideally on the north side of the building. Please do as advised and then we can start solving further issues.

23/04/2020, 09:39 - Maciek DCX:
Regardless of number of miners:

a) if you are circulating hot air through the drycooler in closed space then you will have no way to remove the heat from the system. Heat is building up so i believe it's mess working int that area

b) if you don't allow miners to remove the heat because whole fluid goes around then the miners will heat up and eventually shut down. We are giving you support guidance, it's up to you to employ them or ignore, it's not the matter of believing it or not. Yes we are planning to do the demo unit locally, probably in 2 weeks with whatsminer M20s. Untill that time you have advise / drawing how to solve the issue. We sold approx xx units and we observe just small issues that are usually solved through the proper placement of miners in the enclosure.

23/04/2020, 12:33 - Maciek DCX: IMG-20200423-WA0012.jpg (file attached) sorry i noticed one more thing. Drycooler is standing on the short side? It should be placed horizontally as advised on video manual. Coils direction require it to work horizontally. In drycoolers those U shaped coils are on the sides not on top as the fluid is not able to go through vertical pipes properly. There is huge pressure drop there.

25/04/2020, 23:33 - Maciek DCX: We would really like to help you and solve your issue. So until that time we are waiting for more photos and reply if you managed to employ our support guidance:

- isolation of the flow in the enclosure / blocking all left space around the miners

- removing drycooler outside of confined space

- placing drycooler in the correct position.

- removing possible air from the loop (place flat for a while) as it may be trapped during that manipulation upside down. Thank you.

26/04/2020, 00:03 - Maciek DCX: We are going in circles. If you need "proof" instead of solving your issue we will be making video or the system in forthcoming weeks. You can see some photos from our customer installations with S17 above. Now every system will fail if it's operated in the wrong way. You placed drycoolver vertically, put 2-4 -6 miners leaving large gaps around (fluid will go around the miners), placed drycooler in closed garage, not outside. As mentioned before: it will not work properly. We are waiting for more photos and reply if you managed to employ our support guidance:

- isolation of the flow in the enclosure / blocking all left space around the miners

- removing drycooler outside of confined space

- placing drycooler in the correct position.

- removing possible air from the loop (place flat for a while) as it may be trapped during that manipulation upside down. Thank you.

7/04/2020, 14:39 - Maciek DCX: OK i see the pipe angle. This was ment to be on the ground - probably during manipulation with drycooler it has been slightly bent - the pipe should not hang from it But seeing the angle - if you will put the drycooler on it's feet (so upside down) when it's hot it should be just fine. You can also put the drycooler on sort of pallet if you are afraid that it will break. Anyway photos i showed was customer that solved the issue isolating the fluid flow in the enclosure as shown.Being honest we are astonished as seeing sort of "proof" is more important than applying support advise we gave you. Seeing the vide will not solve the issues you have with your system based on improper installation. You should solve first

a) isolating the flow in the enclosure. Cause leaving large gaps around the miners - IT WILL NOT WORK

b) removing drycooler from confined space as leaving it there - IT WILL NOT WORK

c) placing drycooler properly as intended as leaving it upside down - IT WILL NOT WORK."

What else can we do if that person refuses to do any single step we advised, and just want's to see "proof" instead of solving clear problems in the installation. We asked multiple times, we are available and as said previously - I will provide exchanged drawings / photos. The truth will out anyway.
DCX

View Profile
May 19, 2020, 10:57:39 AM

See the description of the issue with the installation done incorrectly, not as advised in the manual. The customer claims that he did what we advised but refused to do it multiple times previously and finally didn't provide any single photo of installation after corrective action (we asked even yesterday for it).

Really not trying to be a dick, and we do our best to help the customer correct his installation.
If the customer doesn't want to cooperate what else we can do.

--> https://imged.com/description-of-installation-flaws-that-must-be-corrected-79756329.html

The last info from yesterday evening from this customer was: "I will wait for your video to prove that you're stupid and don't know what you're talking about. Two weeks? Ok, I will wait." It' seems instead of just solving the issue with simple steps it's better to call others scammers. Thanks!
Makforce (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 05:27:40 PM

First, the original instruction video asked to put the drycooler vertical, so I did, then they changed the video, now I can't even find that original video anymore. The new video ask to put it horizontal, which I did do also, but one problem...they installed the pipe longer than normal, so it made it stick out to where I can't put it on the correct side or else I'll break the pipe. The pipe is 2 inches longer than it needs to be causing it to be a flaw and will break if put on Horizontal.

Second, I have done ALL and EVERYTHING asked, some scenarios I took pics and sent and some I didn't, but NOTHING WORKS. They asked me to put it outside in the 40C Sun instead of 25C cooled area, that doesn't even make sense. And also, asked me to put it under a shade outside...so basically they're selling this thing for people with shading outside only, because I don't have shading outside, I live in the dry desert.

Summary...if this thing actually works, then do they need to tell you to try this and try that...I've been trying in all 100 different ways they can think of and still doesn't work. They don't own up to their failed project. The KEY QUESTION is...WHERE is the PROOF VIDEO that this actually works from them? THEY DON'T HAVE PROOF THAT IT WORKS. How can you sell a product and don't have proof it actually works?? I've been waiting 3 weeks for this magical video, I'm still waiting....

DO NOT BUY from them. They are scammers without any kind of proof their product works.
DCX

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 08:44:30 PM

Hello

1. No, the manual and video manual specifically advised how to run the dry cooler and how to place it. It's about 5 minutes of explaining how to properly place it and run it.
See here:
a)  unloading from the euro pallet: https://i.imged.com/proper-unload-of-the-drycooler-from-the-euro-pallet-79813045-1.jpg
b)  placement and installationhttps://i.imged.com/proper-unload-of-the-drycooler-from-the-euro-pallet-proper-installation-of-drycooler-79813045-2.jpg

2. OK if you did how we advised, those 4 steps, let's continue on solving the issue. The problem was you wanted proof and said we have no idea and you won't do anything unless you see proof. Let's go back to our original conversation on the support chat - please provide a general photo of the dry cooler outside of the closed room and enclosure with miners placement. We will support you anyway.

3. We will provide more marketing info with older and new enclosures in own pace. We have covid19 lockdown in our country but we should manage to do that. No worries they will come. But this will not solve the problem with dry cooler standing in closed room upside down (as we saw lately) or in a vertical position. I understand you are not happy facing some usual issues that can be managed with a simple fix.Can we go back to solving your issue on support chat?

BR, Maciek DCX
Makforce (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2020, 09:00:52 PM

Once again...DCX does *NOT* have any proof that the system works before they sold it. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. It's a SCAM. They just produced a new system that have a bigger/better pump and optimized their system and are selling it now instead of the system I got, but still, they DO NOT have any proof this new system works. My system doesn't work and their new system that they're selling now has no proof that it works. So DO NOT BUY unless you want to be a beta tester like me, at your expense of $6000.

How do you not have proof that something works before you sell it? I don't know, but DCX is a SCAM. They will continue to say, do this and do that, but when you ask them for proof that the system works, they completely ignore it and say you're doing it wrong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: