Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:37:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lovecore A1 Error  (Read 553 times)
alidd4 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2020, 11:10:37 AM

Hello every one
I have a love core a1 miner that doesn't start mining and gives me this error in cgminer log:
pow type err:0
detect power type =0
Pow type detect fail
can anyone help me?
Thanks.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2020, 11:09:20 PM

Do you have any extra working miners? Because you can use it to test your power supply and hashboard.

Since the error posted above is related to Power it means your miner has a problem related to the power supply.

Try to disassemble the control board and remove then reattach both ribbon cables and power supply. After that hold the reset button near SD card for 15 seconds then release. Test the miner again after and check the logs again.

Much better post the whole logs here using "insert code" you can find it when you are creating a message or post here above on smileys. So that we can get some idea of where this issue comes from.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
devindeysel
Copper Member

Activity: 77
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 24, 2020, 10:26:47 AM

Hello every one
I have a love core a1 miner that doesn't start mining and gives me this error in cgminer log:
pow type err:0
detect power type =0
Pow type detect fail
can anyone help me?
Thanks.

Can you Please update Firmware and check. first backup and then apply new firmware
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FdlDoe0hSxSuseau1_TaEAZF3K0GX9M3/view?usp=sharing
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 01:16:10 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2020, 02:04:09 AM by frodocooper
Merited by BitMaxz (1)

Can you Please update Firmware and check. first backup and then apply new firmware
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FdlDoe0hSxSuseau1_TaEAZF3K0GX9M3/view?usp=sharing

I appreciate you trying to help, but can you tell us where did you find this firmware? I am not accusing you of anything but given the fact that these weird miner models are probably  a modified bitmain/canan/Microbt it means that firmware from one of these manufactures will do that job (after knowing which hashboard the A1 uses).

Please don't get me wrong, but we have a dozen people trying to spread infected firmware on a daily bases, and it's my duty to notify you and whoever that plans on downloading the firmware of the fact it could very well be infected.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
devindeysel
Copper Member

Activity: 77
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 04:23:25 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2020, 11:30:48 PM by frodocooper

I get it from where i Buy A1 5 months Ago. I have it on my database. it's from manufacturer. I used it for mine Machine before. It's just information i have so i give it. if work please update here. this is nothing infected i make sure that so backup and after use.

The guy get it from Factory on wechat. I will try to communicate with them for manufacturer information or legit source if they have.
sevenhell

Activity: 8
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 02:56:31 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2020, 11:35:34 PM by frodocooper

If you can get the source of your file you could share it here because I have an S5 that uses the same chip and A1 configuration I want to know if I can use.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2020, 07:40:07 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2020, 11:36:18 PM by frodocooper

There is someone here share lovecore a1 firmware from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5206886.msg54490620#msg54490620. I think the firmware from that post is for SD card flashing so you will need software like a disk imager to burn it to the SD card.

I don't know if it will work in your s5 miner Zhongtian which is actually an unknown ASIC miner, with no manufacturer websites, no support, and I think made as a disposable miner.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
matmart

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 21, 2021, 07:51:25 PM

Did you get to solve the issue?
Im having the same problem with the miner.
I managed to get another PSU, but im not sure it works. Also no fuc...ng way to find info.
Ive been searching on how the PSU is controlled with the 4 cables,  in order to test the psu but no luck.
Any info would be apreciated.
thxz.
farvahar94

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 26, 2021, 11:34:33 PM

I have somehow a same problem also an experience about that.

once I connected my hashboards with wrong polarity(-+) and my psu went bad. I opened it up and fixed burnt lines but since then it couldnt start the processing and didnt show anything in status. it just said wait until the mining programis started. I figured out it could just be the little chip inside psu. I changed it and the problem was fixed.

But now, from the time viabtc pool stopped working, my miners (2of them not just the one fixed) start just like that time! they dont show status and they dont work.
anyone got any idea about this problem?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2021, 11:59:37 PM

once I connected my hashboards with wrong polarity(-+) and my psu went bad. I opened it up and fixed burnt lines but since then it couldnt start the processing and didnt show anything in status. it just said wait until the mining programis started. I figured out it could just be the little chip inside psu. I changed it and the problem was fixed.

But now, from the time viabtc pool stopped working, my miners (2of them not just the one fixed) start just like that time! they dont show status and they dont work.

We don't have the same gear but I'm also having issue connecting on ViaBTC pool and until now I could access their webpage to check the worker status.

What you can do for now is to switch to another pool to test if it's just a pool.

You can find other pools from here https://miningpoolstats.stream/bitcoin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2021, 12:05:44 AM

ViaBTC and few other pools are currently having major DNS problems. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5373202.0

You can try some other pool like Kano.is or Slush Pool

farvahar94

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 27, 2021, 01:16:48 PM

Yeah thats a possible issue.
But now Im wondering exactly how does a working a1 work since you plug it in? I forgot their normal behaviour!:(
should it start with very low speed (big)fans? didnt they start with maximum speed and then turn down?
the 4 LEDs on the control board representing 4 hash boards dont do anyyy blinking until the pool is connected??
and the mining program on the control page doesnt show up until the pool is connected?
Im afraid the problem be the psu's 😢
could anyone having A1 answer me🤕
matmart

View Profile
November 30, 2021, 01:05:56 AM

We don't have the same gear but I'm also having issue connecting on ViaBTC pool and until now I could access their webpage to check the worker status.

What you can do for now is to switch to another pool to test if it's just a pool.

You can find other pools from here https://miningpoolstats.stream/bitcoin
[

Wich chip did you change??
Is there a way of testing the psu???
Im not sure if the psu delivers de 15V
BitMaxz
Legendary

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2021, 10:24:18 PM

Wich chip did you change??
Is there a way of testing the psu???
Im not sure if the psu delivers de 15V

I didn't change chip as I said above and others said it was a DNS issue if you are mining and some big pools like Viabtc.
Actually, it solve my issue recently by switching to their new domain stratum+tcp://btc.viabtc.top:3333.

About PSU if you have a tester you can test the PSU connector positive should be the red wire and the negative polarity should be the black wire and it should provide 12v not 15v that's overvoltage.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
matmart

View Profile
December 03, 2021, 12:00:01 AM

PSU has 2 outputs one that is 12vdc thats the one to feed the controller. but the boards get 15Vdc from the bars. I get the 12v but there is some comunication protocol between the controller and the psu with 4 cables. I get  an error(pow type err:0 detect power type =0 Pow type detect fail) and the 15v never show on the bars.
And i dont have a way to test whether the psu is able to deliver the 15V for the boards.
Also i havent been able to find any info on how it works.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: