Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:03:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud mining allowing you to use any pool?  (Read 6724 times)
botolo86 (OP)

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:30:27 PM

Hello,

I love the idea of mining but I don't have the space in my house to host a mining hardware. I was thinking about playing around with cloud mining but I would like to use something where I can point my cloud hashing power anywhere I want.

Is there anything like that on the market?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:50:57 PM

nice idea but no!  Grin
the only way that could happen , would be for you to have  hosted mining equipment  to someone and have control over it.
SolarWindMiningCompany

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:53:57 PM

Being able to choose how and where to point your miner is an essential component if we wish to to preserve Bitcoins Decentralized Network. That is why SWMC's Hashing Exchange will be offering individuals the choice to mine at any mining pool they want, or even solo mine if they wish.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
botolo86 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:06:34 PM

My main concern is that any cloud mining platform that does not allow this could be a Ponzi scheme. With current Bitcoin difficulty, I could create a fake cloud mining platform and tell people to send me 1 BTC and give them back a fraction of it, as alleged mining profit. If I can, on the contrary, redirect my hashing power anywhere, I know that I am paying for real hardware.
botolo86 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:08:00 PM

This platform, for example, allows users to choose their own mining pool.

http://www.nimbusmining.com/faqs
TechByPC

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:20:03 PM

Yes Nimbus mining works. I purchased 1GHS to test the platform out, and it works pretty well. I have moved the miner around to several different major pools on a whim with no issues. I have also done SHA256 alt coin mining with it, which also works fine. The value isn't there to purchase it in quantity though, which is unfortunate. The only negative thing I've found about it is probably related to my hashing power - there are times that it goes offline for a few hours, but the long-term average has been good in spite of that. I have it hashing on Eligius right now, and here it its worker stats:

12 Hours           1,030.79 Mh/s   10368
3 Hours           1,037.16 Mh/s       2608
22.5 Minutes   1,170.78 Mh/s      368
fulviata

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:54:19 PM

Hi,can you post the setting for connect the nimbusmining worker to onother pool?

i see only del login and data password of my mining pool account!

thanks
Huangww

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:43:20 AM

some can, some cant.
Dryleaf

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:54:10 AM

www.kaysid.com does also allow it for the scrypt mining. We are working on the Bitcoin side to allow this soon. (Its available for advanced miners now for BTC but needs to be a little more simplified for the average user)
MWNinja

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:11:36 AM

We are building this right now Smiley And we already have a good amount of hashrate to offer.
monim1

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:17:31 PM

Hello,

I love the idea of mining but I don't have the space in my house to host a mining hardware. I was thinking about playing around with cloud mining but I would like to use something where I can point my cloud hashing power anywhere I want.

Is there anything like that on the market?
I must say that its a nice idea. You may visit this http://www.coindesk.com/information/cloud-mining-bitcoin-guide/.
I hope it may help you.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 04:35:21 PM

If I remember correctly, CEX said they were going to implement a feature so you could choose your own pool, of course it never happened though.
xrobau

Activity: 99

Open Source Developer, Hardware Supplier

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:58:54 PM

Well, for -legimate- cloud mining, with real hardware owned by real people, you should be looking at something like LeaseRig (check the link in my sig).

You get to pick the rate, what algo, and where you want to point it.

I lease my rig there, obviously, because I don't want to care about chasing the best coin or the best rate. Other people with more spare time can do that Cool

trand

Activity: 252

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 03:18:22 AM

are have try this cloud http://cpu-cloud.net/
they allow u use any pool for the algorithms that they have
ive try for mining FCN, XMR, QNC and all working well

monim1

Activity: 155

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:45:27 PM

Cloud mining is getting popularity day by day. I am involve in cloud mining. In my opinion https://www.genesis-mining.com/ is the best place for cloud mining.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:12:24 PM

Cloud mining allows companies to take your money and make profits with it.  The end user does not make profits from cloud mining.

In what scenario have you ever seen companies give away profit?  Companies like Pizza Hut will allow you franchise, but you have to do work to make a profit (and they still get their take).  Why would a mining company readily give up free profit that requires no real work?
magiccoins

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:44:25 AM

Being able to choose how and where to point your miner is an essential component if we wish to to preserve Bitcoins Decentralized Network. That is why SWMC's Hashing Exchange will be offering individuals the choice to mine at any mining pool they want, or even solo mine if they wish.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

Nimubus mining already offer that service since January !!!
magiccoins

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:46:03 AM

Cloud mining allows companies to take your money and make profits with it.  The end user does not make profits from cloud mining.

In what scenario have you ever seen companies give away profit?  Companies like Pizza Hut will allow you franchise, but you have to do work to make a profit (and they still get their take).  Why would a mining company readily give up free profit that requires no real work?

https://www.nimbusmining.com
magiccoins

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:47:56 AM

some cloud mining allowed about it and i use it with my cgminer Cheesy

I disagree they have a lot of hidden fees ! go see https://www.nimbusmining.com i have been using them since April i can chose my pool and they have no HIDDEN FEES.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:59:53 AM

https://www.nimbusmining.com

You just proved my point.  Nimbusmining is charging over $5/GH.  Right now you can buy an Antminer S3 and have it hosted in WA for under a total of $2.50/GH for 9 months of mining (it's maximum useful life).

You're paying 2 to 3 times the actual mining cost. That profit goes straight to nimbus who will build their own mining farm to compete against the very same hashes they are selling you.

It's like giving somebody a gun so they can fight in a gunfight with you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: