Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:20:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I wrong or right?  (Read 966 times)
Retainly_Collie

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

Second Live

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 11:15:48 AM

If altcoins aren't dependants on Bitcoin price or value one altcoin would have over throne Bitcoin, if it was a different story that altcoins don't rely on Bitcoin bullrun I believe Bitcoin won't be the 1st today, am I wrong or right?
Stablecoins do not depend on the price of bitcoin, but it is a stable currency. So it will never be able to surpass bitcoin in this market. And in addition all other altcoins are dependent on bitcoin because it is the leading cryptoccurency in this market and its price determines everything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 11:18:30 AM

Of course, if altcoins does not rely on bitcoin, they have a chance to beat bitcoin on its spot, but that is not the reality, bitcoin always dominate the market and majority of altcoins or the entire altcoins heavily relies on the movement of bitcoin.

Basic and simple explanation is this. 
https://coinmarketcap.com/

As you can see, bitcoin dominance is 64.7% in the entire market, hence 35.3% only belongs to the entire altcoin, if you know how to read that, you'll understand that there's no way altcoin would beat bitcoin.

Gorosden

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 11:20:10 AM

If altcoins aren't dependants on Bitcoin price or value one altcoin would have over throne Bitcoin, if it was a different story that altcoins don't rely on Bitcoin bullrun I believe Bitcoin won't be the 1st today, am I wrong or right?
You are wrong and right, depends on your understanding, altcoins find it very hard to beat Bitcoin mainly because Bitcoin have the highest volume and liquidity, also it's the first crypto which gains stronger foundation that the rest

Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 11:33:43 AM

Not all altcoins depends on bitcoin capability. But i think if there is a bull run lead by bitcoin, i think altcoins pulled to increase also.
I agree with that bitcoin can lead altcoin to increase. Bitcoin bull run can make some altcoin to increase the value at the same time. It is not that thing is dependent over the other, it is depend.on the value and volume of the coin along the market.

greenlanternlight01
Copper Member

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 12:10:07 PM

At some point, you will always wonder about that. Very possible in the long run, but definitely not today, specially that bitcoin is still on top for years to come!

Tomohisa

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 12:21:43 PM

At some point, you will always wonder about that. Very possible in the long run, but definitely not today, specially that bitcoin is still on top for years to come!
I doubt in the long run where altcoin could dominance and dethrone bitcoin. If they aren't doing it right now, they wont in the future since that only consolidates and allows bitcoin to spread its root further.
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 12:27:17 PM

Exactly, people against altcoins do always forget how much time it took for bitcoin to climb that price.
Meanwhile most of alts are showing better results already and growing tempo, but most of us are staying ignorant to this
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 12:44:12 PM

Of course, if altcoins does not rely on bitcoin, they have a chance to beat bitcoin on its spot, but that is not the reality, bitcoin always dominate the market and majority of altcoins or the entire altcoins heavily relies on the movement of bitcoin.

As you can see, bitcoin dominance is 64.7% in the entire market, hence 35.3% only belongs to the entire altcoin, if you know how to read that, you'll understand that there's no way altcoin would beat bitcoin.
Exactly like that. We have over 5000 altcoins in this market, but they account for only 37% of the total market capitalization. So there is no chance for altcoins to beat bitcoin, now people tend to move altcoins to bitcoin, so in the near future bitcoin dominance will definitely continue to rise.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 02:05:10 PM

there will be a time, but for now altcoin is still dependent on the price of Bitcoin,
if bitcoin goes up then altcoin goes up, but if bitcoin goes down altcoin also goes down

Deeshawn

Activity: 221
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 06:40:05 PM

You are very right, altcoins depends mainly on bitcoin, this is the main reason altcoins will never overthrone bitcoin anytime soon. But nobody know what the future holds for altcoins, but am sure if atall altcoins will later overthrone bitcoin, it won't be anytime soon.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
DRK DEX: https://draken.exchange/
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 06:46:41 PM

Exactly like that. We have over 5000 altcoins in this market, but they account for only 37% of the total market capitalization. So there is no chance for altcoins to beat bitcoin, now people tend to move altcoins to bitcoin, so in the near future bitcoin dominance will definitely continue to rise.

That figure alone shows that btc is really dominant in the crypto market and will not change anytime soon. This is the reason why you will see that most alts are just following the price trend in the market. And in this regard, we all know that btc is still holding its position as the no. 1 crypto ever existed.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2020, 07:18:53 PM

No, i think every coin has its own uniquness and use cases, bitcoin is respected due to its premierness and being the first of its class so it cannot be compared with alts and it will always have that unique edge over all other coins also people like to hold btc more than any other coin most probably because over the years bitcoin has established itself as an asset class and a brand where people are attracted to invest.

studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 07:20:45 PM

Well, in my opinion what you are saying is kind of true but dethroning bitcoin price-wise would be next to impossible but by market cap, it's quite possible.

BINTEX