Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:02:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In Print: 'BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Crypto-Currency'  (Read 1974 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
elianite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2020, 09:16:14 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2020, 10:33:36 PM by elianite

Well, Pre-launch.

[drumroll]

Presenting: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Crypto-Currency

Author Bio, Table of Contents, and Introduction available at www.cryptonumist.com/blockland

This book is an attempt to broadly tell the story: the origin, history, culture, legends, and anecdotes, of the entire cryptocurrency industry. The book’s 400 pages, 145 sections, and 21 chapters examine different facets of the blockchain phenomenon. Much of this includes the history and happenings of this very forum. The misfit innovators, the wild stories, the scams, and all the many things that are real yet read like fiction. There are over 200 characters and 500 citations. After a year of full-time writing and research, it is in the final pre-publishing stages. This is my life's work.

Over five years ago in 2015, I announced pre-orders on this forum for the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoin and Crypto-Currency, my first book. This consisted of 100 numbered ‘First Print Edition’ books, which helped me cover the expenses to bring the book to reality. The next year an additional 20 ‘Signature Edition’ hardcovers were sold.

Its time to renew the tradition.

In keeping with tradition, I am making available some ‘First Print Edition II’ hardcover books. They will be individually numbered and digitally signed. My intention is to ship these out several weeks before the official launch of the book. It is likely that this ‘pre-publish’ edition will be slightly different (and thus unique) than the final mass-market product.

Anticipated shipping date: July

Watch this thread for updates.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iBitcoinHongKong8
Copper Member

Activity: 438
Merit: 175

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 09:50:28 PM

Awesome! We've all been waiting for this and we understand things take time. Just happy to see it's coming out. Thanks for your time and dedication to the project. I'll definitely be getting this and I look forward to helping and supporting your work!

iBHK8
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 10:02:20 PM

Interesting! Hopefully there'll be a sequel in the coming years, too. Smiley

dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2215
Merit: 1057

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 11:18:01 PM

subscribing for updates, well done elias Smiley

can you provide some indicative pricing?

space for rent, shilling for sats
tweetious

Activity: 1946
Merit: 375

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 11:39:31 PM

congrats on your new book!

could you please elaborate about the part "They will be individually numbered and digitally signed" (concerning the First Print Edition II hardcover books)

those will not be hand-numbered & hand signed?

also, I am not quite sure if I understood this correctly. Will there be a "First Print Edition I" of your new book, or the title is just a continuation of the ‘First Print Edition’ of the encyclopedia?

wish you all the best!
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2020, 12:03:02 AM

could you please elaborate about the part "They will be individually numbered and digitally signed" (concerning the First Print Edition II hardcover books)

those will not be hand-numbered & hand signed?

I plan to have each book come with a unique 1st page after the cover that has a number as well as a signature. This might even include a personal message. These would be printed on, and the signature would come from the pen on my Samsung Note8. Part of the reason for this is that global supply chains are and will likely continue to be clogged up, making it rather impractical for me to sign and ship a bunch of books in person as I'm in Europe currently. It was quite a mess when I did that with the 1st book, and a few ended up getting lost.

also, I am not quite sure if I understood this correctly. Will there be a "First Print Edition I" of your new book, or the title is just a continuation of the ‘First Print Edition’ of the encyclopedia?

The 'II' is in reference to the fact that I released a 'First Print Edition' of Enclyclopedia of Physical Bitcoin & Cryptcurrency back in 2016, so it is in fact my 2nd time creating such a '1st print' (albeit for entirely different books). Maybe its not that clever, and I should just call it 'First Print Edition'. We will see.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
krogoth

Activity: 1217
Merit: 138

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2020, 05:30:02 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2020, 11:30:54 AM by krogoth

Any way we can view a sample of a page or two? BTC

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2020, 12:31:46 AM

Teaser Update

The Introduction and Table of Contents have been made available.

http://www.cryptonumist.com/blockland/

elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2020, 08:42:38 PM

What I'm now leaning towards is making the FIRST PRINT EDITION special and unique by printing it as a large hardcover in the same size/style as the newer Encylopedia (8.5x11 inches). Strictly limited to 121, priced in the same range as the Encylopedia.

The mass-market copies, which will be priced lower, will be a standard size at maybe 5.5x8.5.

I plan to offer these numbered books firstly to those who purchased the First Print Edition of the Encyclopedia back in 2016, giving them the opportunity to buy this in the same serial number. The same goes for 2017 buyers of the Autographs Edition. There will likely be some leftovers, as many users who pre-ordered the first Encylopedia are no longer active on the forum. Perhaps the lowest 5 or so will be auctioned here later on.

Note that this is not yet final.

The cover design will be posted soon.

elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2020, 12:04:17 PM

The cover design has been added

I will be sending PM's to those who have ordered the FIRST PRINT of the softcover & Autographs Edition of the Hardcover.
Feel free to PM me direct. I may create a waitlist for leftover copies. I'll likely give previous buyers up to 2 weeks of exclusive order time.

TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2020, 06:19:11 PM

Great, i want one!

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Iced

Activity: 627
Merit: 208

Belgian based crypto-enthusiast

View Profile
June 01, 2020, 07:22:54 PM

I will be sending PM's to those who have ordered the FIRST PRINT of the softcover & Autographs Edition of the Hardcover.
Feel free to PM me direct. I may create a waitlist for leftover copies. I'll likely give previous buyers up to 2 weeks of exclusive order time.

You may put me on the waitlist when there is a free spot  Grin

No signature for now
TheNovemberMan
Copper Member

Activity: 458
Merit: 134

View Profile
June 01, 2020, 07:41:07 PM

You may put me on the waitlist when there is a free spot  Grin

I would also like to be on the waitlist! - If it doesn't work out, when will the plebs be able to order?  Cheesy
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2020, 01:19:35 PM

I've now messaged everyone who bought the numbered softcover FIRST PRINT's and hardcover AUTOGRAPHS EDITION's directly from me via the forum.
If you have a numbered FIRST PRINT and did not receive a message (and did not chat with me about it already), MESSAGE ME ASAP so that I can assign you your number. There is a growing waitlist, and in a week or so I will start assigning the 'unclaimed' numbers to them at which point you will be out of luck. There are up to ~25 'unclaimed' numbers; many of these ended up being sold at conferences or distributors or were given as gifts.

If you want to get on the waitlist, PM me.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2020, 01:40:18 PM

I've now messaged everyone who bought the numbered softcover FIRST PRINT's and hardcover AUTOGRAPHS EDITION's directly from me via the forum.
If you have a numbered FIRST PRINT and did not receive a message (and did not chat with me about it already), MESSAGE ME ASAP so that I can assign you your number. There is a growing waitlist, and in a week or so I will start assigning the 'unclaimed' numbers to them at which point you will be out of luck. There are up to ~25 'unclaimed' numbers; many of these ended up being sold at conferences or distributors or were given as gifts.

If you want to get on the waitlist, PM me.

what are the unclaimed numbers?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2020, 02:52:23 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2020, 04:07:30 PM by elianite

I don't have a record of the following First Edition softcover's.
5, 31, 32, 42, 68, 70, 73, 74, 75, 76, 79, 81-83, 85-87, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95.
A few of them might even lay forgotten in my bookcase. They are somewhere, so if you have one, speak or forever hold your peace.

I won't be assigning specific numbers to anyone on the waitlist just yet, and more numbers will become available especially after 2 weeks. Low numbers will likely be auctioned.

update: 11 of them are already found!  Tongue

I may be able to offer non-numbered copies to those who miss out on the 121, but these will certainly be phased out upon official publication which will happen in late summer or early fall.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2020, 04:08:06 PM

I don't have a record of the following First Edition softcover's.
5, 31, 32, 42, 68, 70, 73, 74, 75, 76, 79, 81-83, 85-87, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95.
A few of them might even lay forgotten in my bookcase. They are somewhere, so if you have one, speak or forever hold your peace.

I won't be assigning specific numbers to anyone on the waitlist just yet, and more numbers will become available especially after 2 weeks. Low numbers will likely be auctioned.

update: 11 of them are already found!  Tongue

I may be able to offer non-numbered copies to those who miss out on the 121, but these will certainly be phased out upon official publication which will happen in late summer or early fall.

if you do take reservations for numbers - I would love #76 Smiley

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
K-Paxian
Copper Member

Activity: 272
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 08:35:33 PM

I would like to be in the waiting list as well please  Tongue Cheesy

Vires in numeris
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2020, 05:44:50 PM

I was able to get on the wait list for the hardcover; due to the high serial number I was assigned it looks like the list is filling up quickly. Thanks Elias very much looking forward to the book.

elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2020, 08:15:08 PM
Merited by haloxon (1)

Quick update.
The final copy-editing round is finishing up this week, and I am over halfway done with adding citations to the text.
The text is now being worked in the measurements that it will appear in the book, and there is still some work to be done in formatting to ensure block quotes appear right, etc.
The Index is not yet complete.

There is now a slight delay, as I left my monitor's power cord in another country and spilled tea on my laptop, damaging some functions. A new power cord is on the way. That said, things are still on track to print in July. Hopefully, mid-July.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: