Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:58:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be aware of a possible new exchange SCAM - I need your opinion  (Read 1286 times)
terrong

Activity: 309
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 31, 2020, 09:48:31 PM

The lesson to be taken from that is never to use a new exchange, it's safer to use an exchange like Binance.
I am also the same as you but I am on a different exchange, I dipped my assets in the Bcnex exchange, and until now I can't withdraw it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 10:07:55 AM

The lesson to be taken from that is never to use a new exchange, it's safer to use an exchange like Binance.
I am also the same as you but I am on a different exchange, I dipped my assets in the Bcnex exchange, and until now I can't withdraw it

It is mandatory for any crypto users to used the renowned and well rated exchange only irrespective if trading fees may be slightly more than as compared to news ones or so. For small benefits people use any such exchange which they may not even heard of and in the end, they lose their money as they get scammed or due to security lapses lose their coins in hacking etc.

arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2020, 09:49:00 AM

It is mandatory for any crypto users to used the renowned and well rated exchange only irrespective if trading fees may be slightly more than as compared to news ones or so. For small benefits people use any such exchange which they may not even heard of and in the end, they lose their money as they get scammed or due to security lapses lose their coins in hacking etc.

There are scenario that the other newbies got interested on new exchanges since there are running trading competitions and bonuses given also sometimes they cannot do anything but to trade on new since there tokens/coins bought from the ICO for listed on shitty exchanges that's why many lose their money for trading at them, that's the reason we should not buy if the dev doesn't have any plan to be listed on big exchange since it's a red flag for us if they only aim exchanges which doesn't have reputation.

JHORN

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 07:50:41 AM

Good afternoon,

I would really appreciate your advice on something as I believe that I was a victim of scam yesterday but I am not 100% sure.

I was told by someone that I know the last month and never met in person about an investment opportunity. Before you tell me that I am an idiot, how I was involved with this person and the reason that I trusted her is another discussion.

The coin is named VOT (Valid Order Chain) and is listed in an exchange that is called www.kolomine.com. I searched online if this exchange is a scam and I could not find any advere media. I then sent my whole bankroll 0.5 BTC and I bought VOT. Invite Code and account authentication were also needed which made the possible scam more real.

However, today I noticed the following, I can not sell the VOT coins that I bought and according to that person the ico needs to be ended in order for me to be able to sell. I could not find any ico details online. The service email has a gmail domain. There are only four wallets available (BTC, ETH, USDT and VOT) but the website operates with 23 coins for trade. When you press buy you go to another page where the following info are available.

VOT ERC20 Token Address:0x3d7afa0322f6dd2e28c16271d74e5aa22f968b48

Total Supply: 100,000,000  VOT

Total subscription: 70,000,000  VOT

Private placement price: 0.046 USDT

Subscription Time: 90 days

The Token Address belongs to VOT but there are no transactions available. The white paper is also available but I was not able to find any of the founders in the Linkedin and their names seem to be ordinary.

I am 99% sure that I was victim of a scam and I just remembered the reason that I stopped dealing with all crypto sh*t 3 years ago.

Please tell me your opinion on this.

Thank you

It definitely looks like a scam exchange, stay away and stick with well known crypto exchanges only, scammers aren't going to stop, they will keep building scam projects and scam exchanges, once you made deposit on such exchange it's a good bye to your coins, be extremely careful

Gorosden

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 07:32:40 AM

Scam exchanges are the easiest to avoid, we have many crypto exchanges in this space and you should be very familiar with exchanges name even if you've never trade on them but once you see a fresh exchange that's not been mentioned many times before then you need to be cautious, don't use exchanges that aren't popular or well known, it's as simple as that

Towerbreeze

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 06:36:08 AM

Good afternoon,

I would really appreciate your advice on something as I believe that I was a victim of scam yesterday but I am not 100% sure.

I was told by someone that I know the last month and never met in person about an investment opportunity. Before you tell me that I am an idiot, how I was involved with this person and the reason that I trusted her is another discussion.

The coin is named VOT (Valid Order Chain) and is listed in an exchange that is called www.kolomine.com. I searched online if this exchange is a scam and I could not find any advere media. I then sent my whole bankroll 0.5 BTC and I bought VOT. Invite Code and account authentication were also needed which made the possible scam more real.

However, today I noticed the following, I can not sell the VOT coins that I bought and according to that person the ico needs to be ended in order for me to be able to sell. I could not find any ico details online. The service email has a gmail domain. There are only four wallets available (BTC, ETH, USDT and VOT) but the website operates with 23 coins for trade. When you press buy you go to another page where the following info are available.

The Token Address belongs to VOT but there are no transactions available. The white paper is also available but I was not able to find any of the founders in the Linkedin and their names seem to be ordinary.

I am 99% sure that I was victim of a scam and I just remembered the reason that I stopped dealing with all crypto sh*t 3 years ago.

Thank you

Not recognized, stay away from any new exchange that's not well known by traders in crypto space, they can be scam exchanges like this one, once you make deposits you won't be able to withdraw, same goes to any altcoins that listed on such exchanges, there might be some kind of connection between the scam exchange and the scam token too
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 01:49:16 PM

Good afternoon,

Thank you

To me if you can't find any reviews about a particular new exchange it's still a red flag to proceed and deposit on such exchanges, did you come on this forum to find the exchange ANN page? I guessing it's not available either, don't use exchanges that aren't known on here because this is the perfect place to get quick answers

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 648

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 10:59:45 PM

To me if you can't find any reviews about a particular new exchange it's still a red flag to proceed and deposit on such exchanges, did you come on this forum to find the exchange ANN page? I guessing it's not available either, don't use exchanges that aren't known on here because this is the perfect place to get quick answers

Wont really be a good idea if you do proceed on what you had in mind specially if you do plan to make up deposits.Even though you do hold up some shit coin in your stash
and planning to sell it on an exchange which doesn't have any or single feedback about it which basically means that theres no such user that who do make use of the platform
neither its been known to be a scam exchange already.

Always seek out for reputable and known ones and if you do have some coins then better wait up for other alternatives which are more worth to make
up some deposits and if you don't like to lose money then better be cautious towards on every action you do make.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2020, 11:16:45 PM

Wont really be a good idea if you do proceed on what you had in mind specially if you do plan to make up deposits.Even though you do hold up some shit coin in your stash
and planning to sell it on an exchange which doesn't have any or single feedback about it which basically means that theres no such user that who do make use of the platform
neither its been known to be a scam exchange already.

Always seek out for reputable and known ones and if you do have some coins then better wait up for other alternatives which are more worth to make
up some deposits and if you don't like to lose money then better be cautious towards on every action you do make.
Even with good feedback or review which I believe some new and old crypto related projects were able to manipulate by paiding some people to make positive feedback or review about their project. With that been said, using of new exchange site are not recommended because they can also shutdown anytime an example chaoex etc.

mexite

Activity: 705
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 24, 2020, 01:39:57 PM

I think your trust in the person made you fall for this scam. You could have digged deeper and consult others before putting in all your crypto worth into a scam token. While there are many scam projects, we still have a couple of legit crypto projects springing up. One Ned's to carry out due diligence to sift through.

Any project that promises outrageous promise or returns or the next Bitcoin or Ethereum is most likely a scam. The project team must also have verifiable digital footprints and experience/contributions to the blockchain space.

Sorry for your loss anyway, you should bounce back stronger. Don't give up crypto.
konflikkastil

Activity: 879
Merit: 10

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 07:39:49 AM

I have heard about this VOT coin too. But I did my home work very well. I'm sorry for your lost, you have been scammed and this pains me alot anytime I see this kind of case. 0.5BTC that's a huge amount. I pray God will return your lost. But you ought have made some research on the coin before putting that much it in. I believe that will serves a lesson to us all. There are thousands of tokens out there which are scam. But careful examination of this token, you will know if they are scam or not.

SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 12:59:21 AM

Generally if someone is offering you crypto directly even if the ICO hasn't even ended yet chances are you are holding a shitcoin/scam coin.
Obviously buying such coin is a complete waste of money, I have came across something similar to this during 2016 when bitcoin began shaking the world, If I can remember clearly the name of the coin was "The Billion Coin" (TBC), the project was over hyped the project team were saying 1 TBC will be worth 10 to 20 in 5yearsor more (if I can remember clearly) , with all the hypes during the early stage when bitcoin started surfacing alot of people fomo'd and bought the sh*tty TBC, thinking it's going to be the next bitcoin, too bad in the later end they started begging people to buy some of their sh*tty bags of tbc Cheesy.
satsmainman

Activity: 364
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 10:17:45 AM

Oh no not again! After backing off from crypto since 3 years ago as a result of falling a scam victim, you came back and in no time boom you fell victim again. Just get it straight that BTC is a King and will always remain a King, pushing yourself into buying any altcoin requires you to carefully engage in serious findings about that altcoin, now come to talk of when some random person introduced you to some shitcoin and boom you fall for it. Cryptospace is very wild, you must imbibe the habit of doing your own serious research and getting fully satisfied with your findings before going ahead to support any start-up.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: