Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:34:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DeFi project for UBI  (Read 86 times)
JasonSW (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 05:51:16 AM

Heard about UBI from time to time. Somehow got interested today again and google searched "DeFi UBI" that turned out something like this:

DeFi Meets Universal Basic Income With Just-Launched Project From eToro. ... Called GoodDollar, the project will create and issue a stablecoin ($G) that can be distributed daily to registered users as a form of universal basic income (UBI).

Interesting... and little delve into GoodDollar that sounds like an ERC-20 token, not quite sure though. Question:

Does anyone know of any project focusing on UBI? Any good project for passive income harvest / investment?

Already started to claim GoodDollar coins but not sure where to spend. Maybe better a tradable token on Uniswap will be interesting.
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2020, 05:59:50 AM

I'm also claiming GoodDollar coins, it doesn't take much effort anyway and it might have value in future, who knows? I'm not sure if it's ethereum token tho, I can't find any link between the two tbh and regarding trading you can click on 'Good Market' and trade GS$ for some services, there is no 'real trading' value yet.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mnporter2001

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 06:07:08 AM

As far as I know, GoodDollar is implementing the Staking campaign with the Yield Farm mechanism. Sadly they were unlisted from Coinmarketcap and we don't know how the project is developing.
In my opinion, trend Farm is no longer hot and staking in projects like this only brings risk to you.
it looks like you should save money for the upcoming Ethereum Staking. This December they will launch their first PoS protocol and that's how you get more stable and secure profits than GoodDollar.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
pedrillo0

Activity: 1732
Merit: 502

Nada y Tú?

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 08:10:20 AM

Heard about UBI from time to time. Somehow got interested today again and google searched "DeFi UBI" that turned out something like this:

DeFi Meets Universal Basic Income With Just-Launched Project From eToro. ... Called GoodDollar, the project will create and issue a stablecoin ($G) that can be distributed daily to registered users as a form of universal basic income (UBI).

Interesting... and little delve into GoodDollar that sounds like an ERC-20 token, not quite sure though. Question:

Does anyone know of any project focusing on UBI? Any good project for passive income harvest / investment?

Already started to claim GoodDollar coins but not sure where to spend. Maybe better a tradable token on Uniswap will be interesting.

A coin that is worth nothing and that also nobody knows its architecture?

Not bad to claim them!

But never invest in these strange projects ...
JasonSW (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 04:40:58 PM

I'm also claiming GoodDollar coins, it doesn't take much effort anyway and it might have value in future, who knows? I'm not sure if it's ethereum token tho, I can't find any link between the two tbh and regarding trading you can click on 'Good Market' and trade GS$ for some services, there is no 'real trading' value yet.

It is an ERC-token as mentioned in their whitepaper:

GoodDollar will operate on Ethereum using smart contracts that are written in Solidity with G$ designated as an ERC20 token.  As a means to an end, transactions using G$ are run on an Ethereum sidechain, Fuse, which enables low-cost, high-volume transactions. As we anticipate that the scalability and efficiency of blockchain infrastructure will continuously improve, the protocol is designed to be dynamic, flexible, and adaptable to evolve with market developments.

Receiving G$ daily is exciting :-), and trading into services actually a good starting point. I do like to see a project dedicating UBI and trading on regular exchange would be interesting. UBI would be a thing IMO. 
JasonSW (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 04:46:03 PM

A coin that is worth nothing and that also nobody knows its architecture?

Not bad to claim them!

But never invest in these strange projects ...

I agree all of tokens are created in a second and yield farming etc is just gaming. But I do think it's meaningful if some projects implement new ideas like UBI; ERC-20 can be a perfect test field, and this kind of experiments may eventually turn into some real project.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 05:02:16 PM

Universal basic income is a noble concept and i hope and pray it can happen anytime soon but it does not sound realistic to be honest because how we can generate billions in daily revenue to pay to deserving people globally is something yet to be sorted out.

ahmia39

Activity: 1400
Merit: 251

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
November 17, 2020, 05:25:37 PM

I agree all of tokens are created in a second and yield farming etc is just gaming. But I do think it's meaningful if some projects implement new ideas like UBI; ERC-20 can be a perfect test field, and this kind of experiments may eventually turn into some real project.
Yes, but the problem now is that not many teams are willing to do trials so that the project can be truly perfect and can be born in a real form, I see the average project team who currently only takes advantage of the opportunity in a very short time to create a project, after that everything was neglected.

CryptFrog99

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 05:44:56 AM

Yes, but the problem now is that not many teams are willing to do trials so that the project can be truly perfect and can be born in a real form, I see the average project team who currently only takes advantage of the opportunity in a very short time to create a project, after that everything was neglected.
How about these two?

Pi Network: https://minepi.com/
Idena: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5194871.0
JasonSW (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 06:55:42 PM

How about these two?

Pi Network: https://minepi.com/
Idena: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5194871.0

They're fun to explore, and may worth to pursue in next year. I will have it on my checklist.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: