Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:19:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4Chan Pump and dump  (Read 80 times)
DoubleEdgeEX (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2020, 06:59:46 AM

Hey!

Do someone knows more about the OCDAI that got used as a pump-and-dump scheme via a 4chan push? Found that news today:   https://cryptoslate.com/another-ethereum-defi-token-surged-10000-in-2-hours-an-analyst-thinks-it-was-4chan-again/

Imho, that´s exactly the issue altcoins have today. Such tokens ruin the reputation, just exploiting the greed and destroying the hope of some poor "get-rich-quick" lucksters.
Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2450
Merit: 693

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2020, 08:39:24 AM

According to the writer:-
token surged 400 percent earlier this week because of users of the anonymous messaging board 4chan, it happened again
this makes me feel sorry for those who bought at the top, more than 400% of pump! This is too much within just 2 hours, after this pump it could be the end of this project, people already made money out of it,
Pump and dump is not going to give any reasonable value to a coin except temporary gains, ofcourse,  it is a problem in altcoins, unfortunately it is part of the market.
JHORN

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 08:43:59 AM

Why would you want to know more about a pump and dump project? I hope you aren't on a quest to find pump and dump coin to invest your money on, those who buy this coin at high price are now in total loss, stay away from coins like this one

kizumin

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 10:53:34 AM

"Who's this 4Chan guy?"
Just it being posted on 4chan and you said it was 4chan behind the pump and dump? Really? I doubt any anons on biz would stupid enough to fall for pump and dump these days and you know about anons and their cynical view on almost everything.

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
leyton11

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:16:14 AM

Hey!

Do someone knows more about the OCDAI that got used as a pump-and-dump scheme via a 4chan push? Found that news today:   https://cryptoslate.com/another-ethereum-defi-token-surged-10000-in-2-hours-an-analyst-thinks-it-was-4chan-again/

Imho, that´s exactly the issue altcoins have today. Such tokens ruin the reputation, just exploiting the greed and destroying the hope of some poor "get-rich-quick" lucksters.

I think this is just the pump action of the whales, besides there is no higher buy order. As you can see from the pump, it dropped quickly within an hour. In my opinion, these tokens are not worth trusting. It was born to pump or dump, besides it has no value.
If it really is as valuable as the author wrote about it and the Defi platform, then that pump will probably last forever, not be dumped back down.
rahmatullah9305

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:29:01 AM

Why would you want to know more about a pump and dump project? I hope you aren't on a quest to find pump and dump coin to invest your money on, those who buy this coin at high price are now in total loss, stay away from coins like this one
I think this is natural when someone wants to know about pumping and disposal projects, because we are also often trapped in pumping and discharging coins, because pumping on coins that are worthless or tokens that are not quality is a subtle trap that eventually becomes a dump big one, so it's not wrong if someone wants to find out about it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: