Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:29:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet seed from 2014  (Read 298 times)
keychainX

Activity: 374
Merit: 53

Telegram @keychainX

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2020, 06:30:55 AM

Hi, there, i have wallet seed from 2014
One of the words are "interruptions"
Electrum wallet do not have this word now.
Where i could import my seed?
There are 19 or 20 words in my seed.
First word is "save" so im not sure it is included or not, thats why im sayig it could be 20 or 19 words.
Thank you for the help in advance

Most of the answers above are wrong or incorrect regarding blockchain.com (info) seed.

The recovery seed you might have is not part of the private key or seed, as in 2014 blockchain.com (info) did not use seed to store your keys but rather your password to your account.

And each account in 2014 on blockchain.com (info) was generated randomly.

If you have a wallet that was later converted in 2015/2016 to a HD wallet all the keys from the pre-HD are were imported separately, but most importantly, the seed has nothing to do with your wallet address or private key.

What you have to do first is get your wallet ID, which should have been mailed to your inbox when you created the account together with a backup of your wallet called wallet.aes.json

If not try the reminder page together with all your emails you had in 2014, they will send you the wallet ID

lastly, the thread should be move from electrum to whatever fits best, but its not an electrum question.

/KX

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: