Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:49:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What kind of reward schedule do you want?
1M coins added per year forever (The way it is!) - 30 (22.9%)
20% reduction per year, with no new coins after 2054 - 101 (77.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkcoin reward schedule vote  (Read 4659 times)
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 04:01:27 PM

Change the reward schedule?

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eddywise

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

Let's Boolberry

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:11:02 PM

Reward depend on diff change,It is always very prefect.
Why not keeping?

Boolberry : @eddywise                                                                                                                                                                                                                       DRK:XqTbkj1hpCWBpBSvbWtzBRu5PxzJ2KoA3F                                                                                                                                                                                   BTC:1FZYvzY4cPLwwZmU8rGPM7xGYjfjiZUmuZ  Once desperately want, now desperate to forget
Bio Teckna

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:16:45 PM

why ?
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 04:17:54 PM

Reward depend on diff change,It is always very prefect.
Why not keeping?

I really like the way the reward schedule is setup actually, what I'm saying is that the min and max values would be decreased by 20% year-over-year. This would cause a fixed supply over a number of years.

TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:18:09 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 04:36:40 PM by TanteStefana

can you show on the graph what existing looks like?

I think the only reason to change is because people don't understand how it works.  In fact, if DarkCoin is successful, then there really would be no inflation.  Because more people would be using the coin which = more demand for the coin, which I suspect will out-number any inflation built in.  Besides, as more people mine, the rewards go down...

so the only real reason to do this is to reduce the total coin supply.  But I think a larger/longer coin supply gives the coin much more longevity.  It will work well into the future, deep into the future.  While still maintaining a very limited supply of yearly coins.  People don't understand that right now, but I think as more attention is focused on DarkCoin, more writers will explain this, and eventually it will be understood and accepted as a good thing.

I know it's one of the factors that people are mistakenly using to value the coin right now (remember it takes 70+ years to get to the maximum number of coins)  But it is one of the reasons I like this coin.  I think it keeps the coin accessible to people in the future, which makes it actually useful as a REAL currency.  I don't see bitcoin being more than a place to store your wealth, like buying gold, because it's becoming less and less accessible and less user friendly (buy a backpack, only 0.056875 btc!)  And it's only going to get crazier!  They say they can always go further down the decimal places, but really?

Mild inflation is good for a growing population, and believe me, it'll be more than absorbed!  Especially with the usefulness of this coin!  Please don't freak out because the price is currently stagnant!  Just because people don't understand yet, doesn't mean they won't when they're interested enough to focus a little more attention.  The coin is getting spread out and creating more users right now because the price is so low!  I'm guessing people who were able to mine a ton of 'em in the beginning are dumping, which is great!  I mined from the beginning but only had 2 computers with 2 core processors that would work, and a high learning curve, so those coins mean a lot more to me, but those who got them easily, they're taking profit and spreading the coin, it's a GOOD thing!

I think leaving it as it is, is the wise thing to do, for the usefulness and longevity of this coin Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:19:43 PM

why ?

Because price and riches and peanut butter swimming pools. In all seriousness, I reckon it's so the currency is not inflationary that way we can maintain possibility of price rise and relative scarcity instead of a slow march into the abyss of unitary Satoshi.
Schwede65

Activity: 309

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:21:11 PM

please give us some real "near" numbers of total DRK - year 2054 is far away Wink

end of 2014 min/max
end of 2015 min/max
end of 2016 min/max

thanks a lot!
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:21:40 PM

Block halving was too much but -20% sounds good Cool
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 04:26:51 PM

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:30:19 PM

If it helps us get to $1bn market cap this year.....then its fine by me.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:31:10 PM

I am lost here.  I thought there was a hard cap at 84 million, yet the red line increases forever. Did that cap never exist?
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:38:52 PM

But Evan, this doesn't show the formula, increased hashing lowers the reward, until it hits a minimum of 5 coins! That graph looks crazy, and isn't even accurate for what we are hashing now!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:40:38 PM

Reward over hashrate

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
InternetApe

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 04:51:00 PM

The red line shows the theoretical max coins at minimum diff the blue is maximum diff.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:00:18 PM

The red line shows the theoretical max coins at minimum diff the blue is maximum diff.

It still assumes difficulty remains the same throughout which it shouldn't.  It should be more of a curve, and now my dang vocabulary is abandoning me... a ____ curve, ugh!

We will very soon, I suspect, hit the minimum reward of 5 coins.  That would set us at just over 1 mil new coins a year, which will be enough to keep people mining, which will keep the coin alive!

No reward = no reason to mine = death, not a mild inflation which will be absorbed by an increase in population!

don't be short sighted!  Think of the lifespan/usefulness of the coin, that's where the ultimate value is!

BTW, there is NO WAY the rewards would EVER follow that red line, it'll be pretty much the blue line, with mild varience, so that chart is just to scare! (Ok, you're not out to scare us, but the likelihood of that happening is slim to none)

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
anonuser777

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:08:59 PM

Mild inflation is good for a growing population, and believe me, it'll be more than absorbed!

Bullshit. Mild inflation is never good. Stability is required. That stabilty can be provided by the market through natural periods of inflation and deflation.

Stop reading the works of douchebags like Paul Krugman, winner of The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel. I.e. NOT a real Nobel prize. A prize awarded by a central bank. Who the fuck do you think benefits from fiat inflation?? Banks. Not the people.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:11:34 PM

It still assumes difficulty remains the same throughout which it shouldn't.  It should be more of a curve, and now my dang vocabulary is abandoning me... a ____ curve, ugh!

We will very soon, I suspect, hit the minimum reward of 5 coins.  That would set us at just over 1 mil new coins a year, which will be enough to keep people mining, which will keep the coin alive!

No reward = no reason to mine = death, not a mild inflation which will be absorbed by an increase in population!

don't be short sighted!  Think of the lifespan/usefulness of the coin, that's where the ultimate value is!

BTW, there is NO WAY the rewards would EVER follow that red line, it'll be pretty much the blue line, with mild varience, so that chart is just to scare! (Ok, you're not out to scare us, but the likelihood of that happening is slim to none)

Satoshi thought of the mine thing. Fees are the incentive.

DarkSend can generate plenty of fees for miners and in particular nodes. It should, in my view, be the primary source of revenue - gateway payments because all the other coins will use DarkSend.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:20:59 PM

If possible, can you make it so that people can change their vote?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Schwede65

Activity: 309

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:23:37 PM

i have no nice graphic, but some solid numbers:

now we have ~ diff 300 for some days of mining:

diff 300 / block-reward 21 DRK / 12,096 DRK per day / 4,415,040 DRK per year
diff 600 / block-reward 18 DRK / 10,368 DRK per day / 3,784,320 DRK per year
diff 900 / block-reward 15 DRK / 8,640 DRK per day / 3,153,600 DRK per year
diff 1200 / block-reward 12 DRK / 6,912 DRK per day / 2,522,880 DRK per year
diff 3000 / block-reward 6 DRK / 3,456 DRK per day / 1,261,440 DRK per year
diff 3300 / block-reward 5 DRK / 2,880 DRK per day / 1,051,200 DRK per year

more diff means (>3300): block-reward 5 DRK / 2,880 DRK per day / 1,051,200 DRK per year

to have a real comparison you have to devide the DRK-diff with 3 to have the scrypt-diff
then you have "only" the scrypt-diff of doge-scrypt-coin: 1100

when DRK gets a bit more popular, then we will only see the 1 million new coins per year!

so a block-reduction is really not neccessary!
its a very good block-reward-formula - it should not be reduced!

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:26:13 PM

Mild inflation is good for a growing population, and believe me, it'll be more than absorbed!

Bullshit. Mild inflation is never good. Stability is required. That stabilty can be provided by the market through natural periods of inflation and deflation.

Stop reading the works of douchebags like Paul Krugman, winner of The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel. I.e. NOT a real Nobel prize. A prize awarded by a central bank. Who the fuck do you think benefits from fiat inflation?? Banks. Not the people.

WE  HAVE inflation in order to build  up the supply of coins!  There would be NO coins without inflation!  With the number of people joining the crypto community, and the usefulness of the coin increasing, there will be a lot of demand, way out pacing the supply!  I see this coin as being here forever, not just a pump and dump with a lifespan of 5 years, it's still a pump and dump then!  Heck, 100,000,000 coins in a century when our current US deficit is 17 trillion?  It's nothing!  And Darkcoin is a world currency!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: