Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:53:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deflationary Tokens  (Read 3774 times)
Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 08, 2020, 05:05:26 PM

I have nothing against deflation use case but too many projects use this use case to create hype that price will keep surging since the max supply will always get smaller over time, they have no other usefulness that this which makes deflationary projects looks stupid

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Review Master

Activity: 1428
Merit: 275

BitByte Crypto: https://link3.to/bitbytecrypto

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2020, 05:24:25 PM

Deflationary tokens are just created for the purpose of testing the feature and nothing else to do for profits or trading purpose, Imo. So, if anyone want to buy and hodl for some profits than it might not work for all time because it's not 100% sure that token price will be increased because of the decreasing of total supply. Like others "Bomb Token" is one of those deflationay token and also make some hype in this sectors. So, it's not the ending of deflationary tokens and we might see more projects on this sector in the upcoming days.

▄▄ BITBYTE CRYPTO ▄▄
Be A Crypto Veteran Together
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   TWITTER | TG GROUP | TG CHANNEL | YOUTUBE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
AntChe

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 07:01:11 PM

I have nothing against deflation use case but too many projects use this use case to create hype that price will keep surging since the max supply will always get smaller over time, they have no other usefulness that this which makes deflationary projects looks stupid

We have now very mature investors that are not willing to invest in every new project. If you look at BOOM statistics, you will get to know it's still getting a decent turnover daily. This means game is still ON for this coin atleast.
Bananington

Activity: 1414
Merit: 344

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 07:27:06 PM

The bubble has long burst for deflationary tokens. While it was good when it lasted, deflationary tokens and projects weren't designed in such a way that they can last the test of time in the industry. While some of them did very well, some have continued to struggle leading to their complete phasing out. Several deflationary projects that were developed during this period neither had any use case or future. They tailored on the success of Bomb token hence they died a natural death when things got stuck and couldn't continue. Today, most of those projects are no where to be seen, they were all shortlived.

I can remember vividly when BOMB 💣 token launched, they got paid reviews from some crypto influencers and boom price skyrocketed. So many scam projects with no concise aim followed suite, all in the name of deflationary tokens which is somewhat baseless. Most will launch, list on fork delta and then few shitty exchanges which collect fee project tokens for listing. Funny how all disappeared in tin air, now dead projects.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Synerggy

Activity: 248
Merit: 13

Futiracoin.com

View Profile
July 11, 2020, 07:47:40 PM

All deflation tokens are based on Hype, people think that investing in them will get them richer fast since there supply gets shrinker every time but honestly no use cases for this project, the only deflation token that works is BOMB and after it's success many copycats rise up

●          ◯        Futira Coin        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        First Crypto-Enabled Telecommunication Network       █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord
philanthropist67 (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 32

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 06:48:13 PM

This is true that haste makes waste and its well suited for the crypto market.
But we have also seen that many coins are not given any importance in there early days because of there new and innovative ideas. Once they start moving up, everyone start jumping in, and its too late by then. Will that be true for BOOM also?
pinko5

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 06:56:02 PM

I don't agree with people who say deflationary tokens are not worthy of investment. We have seen all categories have gone up at least ones and BOOM and other Deflationary Tokens have yet to see such bullish run. just wait for few more months.
Nesbee2

Activity: 840
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2020, 08:00:26 PM

Deflationary token or project would have been a good one for investment , the only problem i have seen with these kind of projects is that alot of developers now claim to create deflationary token with a bad intention of scamming investors who prefer to invest in these projects. Apart from  that i am not seeing any problem with deflationary token.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
pinko5

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 05:20:04 PM

Deflationary token or project would have been a good one for investment , the only problem i have seen with these kind of projects is that alot of developers now claim to create deflationary token with a bad intention of scamming investors who prefer to invest in these projects. Apart from  that i am not seeing any problem with deflationary token.

I think this is true for all coins not just for deflationary coins. BOOM is already listed on so many exchanges and is getting decent revenue on daily basis, thats why I am interested in this coin.

Its not an ordinary coin as its listed on 9 different exchanges. Seems to me a very strong coin. Not many coins have the opportunity to get themselves listed on so many exchanges. 
VIP BTC

Activity: 375
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 10:29:09 AM

I am well aware of coins with controlled inflation like BTC, where a finite number of coins will be generated at a controlled rate. Very recently I came across deflationary tokens where coins are destroyed whenever a transaction is made and they will end at some time.

My question is what is the purpose of creating such coins? Are they worthy enough to be invested ?

I think this is an option for those who create coins with high supplay, so they cannot control the circulation of coins properly due to the high amount. And make prices worse. If they reduce the number of coins, this will improve the price of the coin for the better. As long as they are still developing the system in any way, the coins are worth investing.

I think you are overlooking the fact that it does not matter what your deflation rate is, if your coin is worth nothing, then no matter what you burn or deflate from it, it would stay worth nothing. You'd just be piggybacking on the investments made by early investors and artificially boosting the prices, which would not mean anything. It beats the purpose of having a "cryptocurrency" in the first place. This is a very subversive tactic used by corporates, and unfortunately most of us crypto lovers cannot wrap our heads around the subject and celebrate and crave deflationary tokens and coins without even understanding the repercussions.

These tokens are mostly just ticking time bombs that will explode in the face of noob investors eventually.
I have already explained that the coins would be worth investing if they were still developing their system. That is, they not only reduce the number of supplay, but there is something new that they are developing. Let's say they develop a mass payment system, or they work with large companies like Amazon or others.

slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 11:08:13 AM

I think they are trying to make a new way to attract people's attention, I don't know what the total amount of the supply is and how many tokens are burned after each transaction. the exact purpose is unknown.
jahepahit

Activity: 866
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 11:54:55 AM

It's just for an  experiment  sake and then it began to pick up from there. It's not for Investment but only for quick profit making. In real life it won't work and won't solve any problem.

kensaii

Activity: 396
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 03:07:42 PM

No, it has been long gone and doesn't really worth for crypto focus only on try how to controlled inflation aka deflationary tokens. Controlled inflation only a secondary feature while use case, leading innovation, widely use as payment are the main selling point for crypto.
New_order

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 04:24:00 PM

Deflation is rubbish, scarcity of tokens either through daily burning or monthly burning doesn't make deflation tokens better, if a project has no real use case it will never perform good for long term, deflation tokens are base on scarcity HYPE and that's all they have to offer
Sourhearrt

Activity: 166
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 06:41:26 PM

A deflationary token is one where tokens are removed from the market over time. Tokens can be removed from the market via a variety of methods including token buy-backs and token burns from the token creators.

The main issue that deflationary tokens present is that they will often be seen as a security in the eyes of regulators. This is because the deflationary mechanisms used to buy the tokens back from the market are generally dependent on the success of the company and if the company performs well, more tokens can be bought from the market which will often improve the health of the ecosystem, and if the company does poorly, they will not have the resources to buy as much off the market leading to an excess supply and often times, and unhealthy ecosystem. Because of this direct relationship between the success of the company and the health of the token ecosystem, these deflationary tokens will almost always be classified as a security.

In some cases they are ok to invest in. But let say 50/50

Oh boy, you need a lot to learn newbie, your points are so confusing, deflation tokens are self destructing cryptocurrencies that burns token equal to 1% of each transaction on the network, saying deflation tokens are token that are removed from market is nonsense, please improve, buying back of tokens have nothing to do with deflation tokens, they are both different things entirely

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Deeshawn

Activity: 221
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 04:16:58 PM

I don't believe in deflationary future, new project keeps creating their foundation on deflationary probably because of the huge acceptance from the cryptocurrency community with the pump from the likes of Void, but am not sure there is any promising future for deflationary tokens, so is better u stay clear them.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
DRK DEX: https://draken.exchange/
jimjam1

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 06:31:48 PM

There is great opposition about deflationary coins but we still cant rule out the possibility that they wont have any future. I see them as a token that have great future in day trading and I am slowly accumulating them.
pinko5

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 06:37:35 PM

I don't believe in deflationary future, new project keeps creating their foundation on deflationary probably because of the huge acceptance from the cryptocurrency community with the pump from the likes of Void, but am not sure there is any promising future for deflationary tokens, so is better u stay clear them.

I think we are not clear about anything in crypto, things can take wild swing any time. We cant say with confidence that deflationary coins have no future, may be they are on moon the other day. Who knows!!!
EscTel

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 06:04:58 PM

Boom token now is valued with highest marketcap among all deflationary token projects. You can check the details here on this link. https://etherscan.io/tokens/label/deflationary-token
SamaBB

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 06:32:11 PM

Boom token now is valued with highest marketcap among all deflationary token projects. You can check the details here on this link. https://etherscan.io/tokens/label/deflationary-token

Market cap of 1.3 million USD is good enough to keep this token in the race. I am sure that rally for deflationary token is yet to come. Its good to buy and HODL BOOM at current price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: