Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:00:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Email Scam with Fake Lumens Airdrop Be Careful  (Read 174 times)
alik111 (OP)

Activity: 362
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 28, 2020, 05:06:05 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2020, 05:29:35 AM by alik111
Merited by Halab (2), DdmrDdmr (2)

I recently received an email where I found fake Stellar Lumens Airdrop to join.So I decided to share with all beginners to stay safe and not to be trapped by the scammers.

I am Sure that it's an action from Because They are offering almost 3.5 billion lumens to be distributed. And They are forcing to fill up a form to get airdrop coins which is not an official site and looks like a scam website.

Received Email From:
Code:
noreply@gocarefinder.com
You can Block him.

Website Where to Claim:
Code:
https://secure-stellar.org/account-viewer/#!/

Distribution Amount: 3.5 Billion XLM

But This site isn't working for now and can be reopened at any time.And If you receive any email like this don't submit any form and just ignore it.

In the screenshot I have marked the all scam indicates

They are forcing to claim by providing a scam link that is marked and the site link already noted above.

Warning: Now These types of scams are happening rapidly so be wise and research more
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 2184

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2020, 05:12:35 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2020, 05:43:38 AM by Upgrade00

Nice catch, scams such as these are very common, and you should protect your personal details to prevent it falling into the hands of scammers. Do not give out email addresses to unverified sites, if you suspect a site to be a scam and it requests for an address, I'll suggest you use a throw away address. Protonmail and tutanota have been recommended by forum members for this purpose of creating a disposable email address. There are other options you can research on

Website Where to Claim: https(://)secure-stellar(dot)org/account-viewer/#!/
Also, if you are posting a site link, I'll recommend you do not make it clickable, as some users can fall victim to malwares. You can use what I did in the quote above or include it in a code:
Code:
https://secure-stellar.org/account-viewer/#!/

Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1158

View Profile
May 28, 2020, 05:21:44 AM

I won't be surprised about this scam again, especially from fake Stellar project... you can see how many fraudster using stellar name to scam people :

All you need is double check their URL before submit your email and password, the right Stellar domain is here https://www.stellar.org/ . If you find another airdrop not from this domain, it's all scam.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Towerbreeze

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2020, 05:33:43 AM

I'm fully aware of this scamming trick, and the scammers don't just use Stellar only, they can use other popular coins like bch eos Tron neo to get their victims trap, I used to get such mails often but I don't bother looking because I knew it's not legit Airdrop
alik111 (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2020, 05:34:28 AM

Also, if you are posting a site link, I'll recommend you do not make it clickable, as some users can fall victim to malwares.
Thanks for your advice.As you told I already turned the link to a code.Hope now here is nothing link harmful.I always try to share which is useful to all.
alik111 (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2020, 05:40:09 AM

I'm fully aware of this scamming trick, and the scammers don't just use Stellar only, they can use other popular coins like bch eos Tron neo to get their victims trap, I used to get such mails often but I don't bother looking because I knew it's not legit Airdrop
You are right and I want to add with you that it can be happened for several times.Because I also faced these scams 2 times before this.And Now this is third time where I have selected to be scammed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: