Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:07:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZIMBOCASH - The first on-the-ground cryptocurrency network for a nation  (Read 274 times)
ZIMBOCASH (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2020, 10:14:47 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2020, 08:51:47 PM by ZIMBOCASH

What is ZIMBOCASH?

ZIMBOCASH is sound money for the nation of Zimbabwe.

Zimbabwe is a country in Africa that is entering its second hyperinflation. With rampant money printing, prices are rising, stores are emptying and people are desperate for an answer.

ZIMBOCASH is the solution. It’s a cryptocurrency system where the supply of money is fixed. All Zimbabweans who sign up are allocated with ZIMBOCASH and are incentivised to make transactions.

ZIMBOCASH is going viral in a country with 17 million citizens. We are establishing an on-the-ground network of people making payments in day to day trade, with reference to a listed market price.
In a world where most countries are printing money on a large scale, ZIMBOCASH is demonstrating another way. With sound money, we can see Zimbabwe's fortunes transformed.

ZIMBOCASH (known in short form as ZASH) is a decentralised currency for Zimbabwe. Our broader goal is to establish a decentralised currency that is fixed in supply but available to all Zimbabweans. Zimbabwe is a country in Southern Africa that has an extremely weak currency and banking system – having suffered in hyperinflation and economic malaise. We want to see the economy of Zimbabwe transformed with sound money. The goal is for trust to be restored in the money and banking system. ZIMBOCASH is based on a decentralised blockchain – a revolutionary technology that enables a fixed supply of money and a reliable payments system. We have issued a total of 4.5 billion ZIMBOCASH tokens, built on the TRON decentralised platform. These tokens will only be allocated to Zimbabweans when they register. The amounts available for each subscriber halves every three months. If members introduce others, they can earn more. People from other countries will be able to purchase ZIMBOCASH on the secondary market on an exchange.

ABOUT ZIMBOCASH (ZASH)

TRON NETWORK decentralised platform

There are 4.5 billion ZASH tokens created on the TRON Network, using a TRC-10 smart contract. The Protocol uses a Distributed Proof of Stake (“DPOS”) algorithm for processing transactions. The algorithm enables fast, decentralized and cost-effective transactions that are scalable for an entire nation.

Bank-level security for Wallet Infrastructure
Our online wallet infrastructure supports the Zimbabwean allocation process. Zimbabweans who join will be able to make transactions from this wallet infrastructure. Non-Zimbabweans can use the offline wallet infrastructure provided by the TRON Network. The online ZIMBOCASH wallet allows people to make payments to one another with multi-factor authentication.

SECONDARY EXCHANGE MARKET
While the ZIMBOCASH team do not provide or guarantee any additional secondary market listings, large international cryptocurrency exchanges will be listing ZIMBOCASH given the huge network potential in Zimbabwe's economy. Keep posted on Coin Market Cap for further details.

ZIMBOCASH BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE

The ZIMBOCASH blockchain is based on the latest cryptographically secure technology at the time of launch. Our goal is to provide a secure, decentralized and scalable token system. Our approach is to focus on developing a great User Experience on both the online wallet system and the decentralized token platform. Our goal is to scale the launch on the technology that best suits the stage of scaling we are in. We will initially start with TRONbased token. Depending on the analysis of the user metrics, we would then look to issue a primary blockchain that will enable mining to be paid for in ZIMBOCASH, and hence remove the need for a third party switching of decentralized hosting fees. Why TRON? The TRON protocol is one of the largest blockchain operating systems worldwide. It is highly scalable, has high throughput, and is able to support a wide range of decentralized applications in its ecosystem.

The TRON Network has the capacity to clear 2 000 transactions per second. It uses a Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPoS) consensus algorithm in which 27 super representative (SRs) produce blocks for the network. TRON provides users with 25 free transactions per day. TRON has recently issued BTT tokens to the entire 100 million BitTorrent subscriber base. This provides a great example of a scalable token that has a wide user-base which can facilitate transactions at scale. In contrast with many other proof-of-work cryptocurrencies, TRON is scalable, fast, and cheap. In contrast to other proof-of-stake cryptocurrencies, TRON does not charge an account creation fee, which is a key consideration in establishing a viral national movement. Further details can be found at https://tron.network/static/doc/white_paper_v_2_0.pdf Rather than adopt an inflation model to pay for block processing fees, the total number of ZIMBOCASH coins will be fixed and rather a transaction fee model will be implemented by a transaction fee of 0.3%

THE ZIMBOCASH TENANTS

ZIMBOCASH has the power to be the solution to Zimbabwe’s money problems and to be a force of real wealth creation for an entire nation. We are excited to be creating the future and, in the process, to restore to Zimbabweans what has been lost.

ZIMBOCASH IS RESTORING WEALTH

We are restoring the wealth of people

ZIMBOCASH is capitalizing on the power of the network of Zimbabweans coming together to create wealth.

RESTORING TRUST

ZIMBOCASH is a trusted decentralized fixed-base currency and banking system. It is based on the best practice, next-generation, cryptocurrency technology. No longer is Zimbabwe money subject to devaluation because of money printing. Zimbabweans have the freedom to transfer ZIMBOCASH to others locally and internationally.

RESTORING INTERNATIONAL PAYMENTS

With international exchanges, ZIMBOCASH is a means for freely making international payments – with conversion into well-known cryptocurrencies.

RESTORING ZIMBABWEAN PRIDE

ZIMBOCASH is a uniquely Zimbabwean brand.

ZIMBOCASH is only issued directly to Zimbabweans. People from other nations will need to purchase it directly from Zimbabweans on the exchange.

ZIMBOCASH restores Zimbabwean sense of dignity.

RESTORING ZIMBABWE IN GLOBAL LEADERSHIP

We believe ZIMBOCASH has the ability to pioneer a movement for sound-money across the nations. No other country in the world can successfully implement a localized cryptocurrency. The ZIMBOCASH cryptocurrency has the capacity to catapult Zimbabwe as a global leader in cryptocurrency banking and finance

MEDIA & PUBLICATIONS :
VIDEO CNBC Video Interview:
https://www.cnbcafrica.com/videos/2019/03/04/how-blockchain-can-be-used-to-fix-zims-currency-woes/

SABC News Video Interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXTqb9j7soM

KykNet Video Interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbPIHQZiYYI&t=20s

ARTICLES :

BRAND NEW (May2020):

https://cointelegraph.com/news/inflation-busting-cryptocurrency-zimbocash-receives-listing-on-bithumb

https://ayo.news/2020/05/22/zimbocash-bithumb/

https://allafrica.com/stories/202005220060.html

PREVIOUS:

https://cryptobriefing.com/zimbocash-digital-currency-zimbabwe-hyperinflation/

https://cryptobriefing.com/zimbocash-digital-currency-zimbabwe-hyperinflation/

https://africablockchainmedia.com/news/zimbocash-determined-to-bring-alternative-money-to-zimbabwe/2020/02/12/

https://www.techzim.co.zw/2020/05/zimbocash-lists-cryptocurrency-token-sets-sights-on-the-crumbling-zw/

PODCASTS :

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2LQPgwfTalzMnCiYg1mQ72

TechCentral: https://techcentral.co.za/behind-zimbocash-the-cryptocurrency-its-backers-hope-will-help-save-zimbabwe/87951/

cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2020, 10:37:05 PM

While the country is very rich in archaeology, its economy has been messed up for years. The country should be fixed from the inside and out and hope this one would help.

Binance.com announced them? Cool.

Project sound good already when I saw there are articles posted to some news sites. Its just not yet sure how legit it is. We have see every thing in this world already so it be good to wait til its listed on tronscan.org.  There are two of them in tronscan.

fuzzywuzzymppc

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 08:20:04 AM

This is a great news for the country and let's admit that the country is legally accepting cryptocurrencies and might be the first one to nationally use a cryptocurrency as a medium of exchange. This could result good, might be bad but the thing here is we could see, by the means of Zimbocash how cryptocurrency could work as a national currency and a great wind indeed for the crypto sphere as a whole.
sophomore2020

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 09:03:23 AM

Great ann! Goodluck for Zimbocash and the Zimbabweans.

With the rise of pandemic casualties, governments tend to close almost 70% of it's economic activities and with the additional aid given in the means of printing money, artificially, we tend to see and could expect hyperinflation and this is on all countries. With this correlation, we can also see how bitcoin is favored by this phenomena and with Zimbocash creating a decentralized digital currency, I could see that this helps in terms of their hyperinflation and economic problems.
CoronaCoinOfficial1

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 10:21:39 AM

I could see that this helps in terms of their hyperinflation and economic problems.
Timely launched I guess, though this helps a lot for it's citizen, I am wondering how we could participate for Zimbocash's growth
maticmoon

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 10:29:21 AM

I feel good about this, this could be a lightbringer too all countries out there to watch and maybe try to integrate cryptocurrency as well. Is this the first nation to finally launch a crypto aside from Petro? I've heard they ain't did well in the past

Binance.com announced them? Cool.

Did Binance really announced them? That is really great news then. I am wondering if how much popularity it gave them, I believe that publicity on those platforms is a huge deal.
Hardening2.0

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 02:21:08 PM

This is a great news for the country and let's admit that the country is legally accepting cryptocurrencies and might be the first one to nationally use a cryptocurrency as a medium of exchange.

I think the first one is Petro from Venezuela but I lost updates about them so I am really not sure how national crypto could but overall, with the slowly adapting world and countries like Zimbabwe, we might see the next wave of currency in the means of crypto soon.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 02:25:49 PM

Sounds like ZCash huh! Binance.com has article, so seems that they believe on this project. But where's the list of team members? Are there any of them coming from Zimbabwe?
Expert3

Activity: 230
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 02:51:18 PM

Sounds like ZCash huh! Binance.com has article, so seems that they believe on this project.

Can you link us to the content? I'm having trouble to find it but if it's true then good for the exposure of the coin.

While the country is very rich in archaeology, its economy has been messed up for years. The country should be fixed from the inside and out and hope this one would help.

I agree and cryptocurrency is made that way, to help people in the most efficient way possible by the means of innovating digital cash. Scarce supply, Secured, Decentralized, Autonomous and Great transaction speed. Also with this, outsiders can also contribute to the wealth creation of Zimbabwe in the means of exchanges
fuzzywuzzymppc

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 03:07:06 PM

This is a great news for the country and let's admit that the country is legally accepting cryptocurrencies and might be the first one to nationally use a cryptocurrency as a medium of exchange.

I think the first one is Petro from Venezuela but I lost updates about them so I am really not sure how national crypto could but overall, with the slowly adapting world and countries like Zimbabwe, we might see the next wave of currency in the means of crypto soon.

Thanks for the heads up mate. Done reading about crypto and I think it's not on the same path with ZImbocash, it's a national digital currency run by the government and that itself is a flaw to change the entire financial system, it just worsen the old problem that money is controlled by the government
sophomore2020

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 05:04:50 PM

Sounds like ZCash huh!
Yep. I was mistaken reading at first but yeah, it caught my attention LOL

It just worsen the old problem that money is controlled by the government
Absolutely. The idea about Zimbocash is not bad also, they are aiming to give the citizens digital currency and to introduce them with this kind of technology, I really feel the moon season.
maticmoon

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 05:17:58 PM

Absolutely. The idea about Zimbocash is not bad also, they are aiming to give the citizens digital currency and to introduce them with this kind of technology, I really feel the moon season.

Same here brother. As of the moment we just need to calm ourselves because getting these coins is only exclusive for Zimbabweans but will be available soon in exchanges. Let's show support for this coins as it is doing on it's own country of origin.
cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2020, 05:24:30 PM

Thanks for the heads up mate. Done reading about crypto and I think it's not on the same path with ZImbocash, it's a national digital currency run by the government and that itself is a flaw to change the entire financial system, it just worsen the old problem that money is controlled by the government

So this is like the digital yuan of China?

It's not really going to worsen if the coins are going to be used widely by their people, the only that will make it worse is if the government will corrupt the system once again.  Like creating more coins lie printing more. You can its more like an experiment to them so we'll see if they get to make it work for them. The market will tell whether this is working or not.

TimeTeller

Activity: 2730
Merit: 588

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 11:39:51 PM

It's not really going to worsen if the coins are going to be used widely by their people, the only that will make it worse is if the government will corrupt the system once again.  Like creating more coins lie printing more. You can its more like an experiment to them so we'll see if they get to make it work for them. The market will tell whether this is working or not.

But where are the team members of this project?
Are they residents of Zimbabwe or just another team that wanted to explore their opportunities in Zimbabwe?
It is better to have members from that country itself because they know the true sentiments of people.
They can address the issues very well and have good communication with the residents themselves.
Looking forward about the disclosure of their team members.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 29, 2020, 11:42:59 PM

Sounds like ZCash huh! Binance.com has article, so seems that they believe on this project.

Can you link us to the content? I'm having trouble to find it but if it's true then good for the exposure of the coin.

I agree and cryptocurrency is made that way, to help people in the most efficient way possible by the means of innovating digital cash. Scarce supply, Secured, Decentralized, Autonomous and Great transaction speed. Also with this, outsiders can also contribute to the wealth creation of Zimbabwe in the means of exchanges

The link is here -

https://info.binance.com/en/news/21802

The article was posted last year so I don't know the position of Binance right now on this project. Because it seems that project has been on the works for quite a while already, they just posted the thread recently. So there maybe good progress on this platform already.
CoronaCoinOfficial1

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 02:48:21 AM

~snip~
I agree with you and that is also the information we are looking on to check the legitimacy of a crypto project. I am also looking forward to be informed by this and hope the team hears us
SorrentoOS

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 02:53:36 AM

No longer is Zimbabwe money subject to devaluation because of money printing. Zimbabweans have the freedom to transfer ZIMBOCASH to others locally and internationally.
Glad to have Zimbabwe on board. I just hope all the best for you guys and wishing that this could go well on your citizen's side to benefit and learn about cryptocurrencies as a whole. With this mass adaption going on, we are all in this together so might as well support one another for the rise of each other.

PS. I really don't like Justin Sun
Hardening2.0

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 03:04:46 AM

I am not really sure about that. I think Digital Yuan is just a digital fiat, not crypto to be specific that uses blockchain technology that provides freedom. And I agree that crypto must not be created by the government in disguise to crypto coz they are just simply manipulating it not the other way around
Expert3

Activity: 230
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 03:07:00 AM

The link is here -

https://info.binance.com/en/news/21802

The article was posted last year so I don't know the position of Binance right now on this project. Because it seems that project has been on the works for quite a while already, they just posted the thread recently. So there maybe good progress on this platform already.
Oh well oh well. This is a great publicity for Zimbocash, they must add this on the ANN Thread. Thanks for sharing this mate, gladly appreciate this one
fuzzywuzzymppc

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 04:13:29 AM

So we also have Digital Yuan. Was that already used in China? They have Alipay and Wechat already, is this one a crypto?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: