Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:17:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in cryptocurrency but which altcoins is good for long term holding?  (Read 1106 times)
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2020, 01:31:15 PM

for me, ETH and BNB are the best altcoins to invest, because the two tokens are tokens that are quite popular in the crypto world, I still hold these tokens, because I am more familiar with these two tokens than other tokens.

The question is about long term holding, and in my opinion both of these coins are unsuitable for that purpose. Ethereum is showing a lot of fatigue lately, and the developers are unable to roll out the implementation of ETH 2.0. And the ICO market is still in a suppressed state, and this negatively impact the prospects of ETH. The other coin (BNB) is an exchange token and not a real cryptocurrency. I would never trust any of the exchanges, and the same is applicable for the exchange tokens as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
totoy4741

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 02:47:20 PM

Like everyone said ethereum, cardano or monero are the ones that are good for long term holding as they are well-established and keeps on making further developments. As for the news coins out there I would suggest LINK and Tezos due to the fact that they are the only coins have kept their value up even in the recent dip market, they even had their good run reaching their ATH respectively.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 07:10:18 AM

I wanna right planing for long time holding Bitcoin, Ethereum, Zcash, Dash even you can try other some top altcoins in cmc. At least i always want accept btc for long time holding without if i don't run other currency. So you can do invest in btc with long time and absolutely you can buy lower price.
Bitcoin is not an altcoin, if you want to invest into something and you accept to invest into bitcoin you should do that with almost all of your money, maybe save only a small percentage of your portfolio for smaller coins but pick bitcoin over everything else. However if we are going to talk about just the altcoins that means bitcoin is out. In that case all of top 10 coins are good, even the top 20 could be good.

Do not buy equal shares of each, but dividing 100% of your money into altcoins (having 2x of that in bitcoin at the side meanwhile) I would say go as big as possible on ethereum like 30% and then drop that % into smaller parts for XRP and smaller for BCH and so forth until you have 20 different coins. That way you would have a lot of different coins but the biggest ones will have biggest portion of it.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 01:15:33 PM

for me, ETH and BNB are the best altcoins to invest, because the two tokens are tokens that are quite popular in the crypto world, I still hold these tokens, because I am more familiar with these two tokens than other tokens.
Diversify your investment, conduct research and invest in many other projects. There are many other better projects in this market and you should invest in them to make more profit

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
josgandosbro

Activity: 561
Merit: 101

https://imgur.com/cUCkVsv

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 01:54:17 PM

all the list you have provided is very good but you missed BNB on the list, this is now a very popular altcoin and many even say if it will be equivalent to ethereum and this is also worthy of being used as a long term investment

TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2020, 01:56:28 PM

all the list you have provided is very good but you missed BNB on the list, this is now a very popular altcoin and many even say if it will be equivalent to ethereum and this is also worthy of being used as a long term investment
You need to remember that the BNB is a coin from the platform where the Binance exchange means all developments depend on how the Binance platform develops, the bad thing is when this place of exchange collapses someday not know when it happens at least you should be careful when storing moving coins in the platform area of the exchange place.

LuciferMorningstar

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 01:58:41 PM

Hi Guys i am planning to buy Bitcoin and few altcoins for long term holding. I want to hold at least two altcoins from my list. Can you guys suggest me it is safe to buy below altcoin for long term holding? Which Altcoin is your favourite and currently holding??

My Altcoins list: Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Zcash, Dash and Monero

I think you are quite in good base on your shortlist of Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Zcash, Dash and Monero. Of course from your shortlist, Ethereum and Litecoin is very good and strong base than the others. Ethereum because they introduce Ethereum 2.0 which moves from proof of work to proof of stake, lot of hypes and hopes around Ethereum 2.0. Litecoin, on the other hand, had a good track record when there is an uptrend of altcoins.
vlast01

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 01:22:37 AM

I think the best in the long run is Ethereum, Ethereum prices have exceeded $600 in late 2017 or early 2018, that's my favorite altcoins
Ethereum is great at using smart contracts and Fascinating new projects are being built on Ethereum. It’s okay at being a payment system too, but it does not have the brand awareness and immutability of Bitcoin.This is why Ethereum is a good investment if you’re interested in investing in cryptocurrencies .

●●●●●●●●[DHOLPINS Finance - TRUSTED . PLATFORM - DHOLPHINS Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸LitePaper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ |
numpadxx5

Activity: 431
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2020, 01:25:46 AM

for altcoin, I recommend Ethereum because many platforms have collaborated with ETH, which currently makes ETH ranked second at the moment, but all that can not be separated from the effects of the rise and fall of Bitcoin prices, while the list of other coins that you choose, it is better to be used for day trade investments.
Ethereum is the second most popular crypotocurrency in the world which many respect. The value of ETH directly related to its demand of consumers. The more people want to buy ETH  the higher it's market price. ETH is popular which means there are no serious reason to fear the collapse. The price of Ethereum rises and falls every day.If you want to invest in Ethereum, you have to be prepared for it. 
Squezzi55

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 10:17:01 AM

I have diversified my portfolio but a huge percentage of it comes from 2 coins only and only 1-2% of my total port is being put to 2 coins. I'm holding 4 coins only ATM.

ETN - 1% or below
ENJ - 1% or below
ETH and BTC - 98%.

Ethereum's development is under way right now and with its transition from POW to POS, that would be a huge development for it and they are trying to make the transaction fees faster. I don't hold anymore already especially altcoins because I don't feel that I will get profit from them in long run. In BTC, I don't need to explain more on it since we know already the reason why we are holding this. Cheesy
It thus sounds like you know what you are doing, why ETN if I may ask? Many people thinks ETN is a shit coin like many other cryptonight Algorithm coins but in few more years ETN will prove many wrong, I choose coins because of their usefulness, ETN is expanding on that presently

PerfectCircle

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 12:15:31 PM

Hi Guys i am planning to buy Bitcoin and few altcoins for long term holding. I want to hold at least two altcoins from my list. Can you guys suggest me it is safe to buy below altcoin for long term holding? Which Altcoin is your favourite and currently holding??

My Altcoins list: Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Zcash, Dash and Monero

This is a question you need to find answers to yourself, no one will give you the right answers but only different suggestions, you already have top altcoins like ETH, LTC , Zcash etc so you know what's good and what's bad, do your own research and make your choice, I can drop the names of altcoins I'm holding too if that will help

1. Eth
2. BNB
3. ETN
4. ESH
5. KCS
6. VEIL

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Retainly_Collie

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

Second Live

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 12:17:22 PM

To make long-term investments safe and profitable, you need to conduct careful research. In addition, you need to choose the top altcoins to limit the risk of altcoins may die in the future. This market has a lot of altcoins but now most of them are dead and no longer active

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2020, 12:39:01 PM

This is a question you need to find answers to yourself, no one will give you the right answers but only different suggestions, you already have top altcoins like ETH, LTC , Zcash etc so you know what's good and what's bad, do your own research and make your choice, I can drop the names of altcoins I'm holding too if that will help

1. Eth
2. BNB
3. ETN
4. ESH
5. KCS
6. VEIL

I am interested in VEIL. Did a little bit of research on this coin and almost a year ago, I invested a small amount in to it (around $100). But the big problem with VEIL is it's storage. It requires a lot of bandwidth and disk space. I grew frustrated after a few weeks and uninstalled the wallet form my laptop. They need to come up with a Lite wallet or a mini wallet.
Lantind

Activity: 2268
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 12:43:41 PM

To make long-term investments safe and profitable, you need to conduct careful research. In addition, you need to choose the top altcoins to limit the risk of altcoins may die in the future. This market has a lot of altcoins but now most of them are dead and no longer active
Very true, if we are wrong in making steps for long-term investment, then we will clearly feel regret in the future, so in terms of investment it is clearly very necessary to consider our choices at this time in order to benefit in the future.
LazerPanther

Activity: 334

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 12:47:28 PM

Bitcoin and ETH will surely make you a long-term profit, and when investing in these two projects, you will not need to fear because it will never die. And other altcoins are at higher risk, depending on your research
Anish02

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 01:19:24 PM

I think you have to invest in bitcoin along with ethereum and BNB. If you made an investment in these coins you would probably make enough profit within a very limited period of time. Also if you hold these coins for a longer period then you would definitely get some good rewards.
JeotQ

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 01:27:08 PM

I don't like holding altcoins for a very long time anymore, this was my dream in the past, hoping that altcoin season will come again but now I have a feeling that what happened in 2017 won't repeat itself until maybe regulations get approved in crypto space, I'm fine with Bitcoin and Ethereum only

Franco772

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 09:25:04 AM

Agrees with the majority that the only long-term altcoin is eth. Everything else for speculation or trade. Although in the top 10 you can find good coins too
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 01:07:28 PM

If you want to invest in altcoins and hold them for 2-3 years, then ETH will be the best option for you. Also you can choose a few other altcoins like XLM, ADA, NEO ... It is also one of the leading altcoins in this market and you should buy them.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Gadithomason

Activity: 1050
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 01:28:43 PM

Your list is awesome and I recommend you do invest in the first 2 and the last 2 after doing thorough analysis in order to determine which one you would give the highest percentage of your investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: