Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:11:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Wallets Features Comparison Table  (Read 269 times)
yazher (OP)

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 05:25:06 AM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (2), cryptoaddictchie (1), Maus0728 (1), Lachrymose (1)

I posted this on our local board and I also think this would help a lot of newbies and existing users to carefully choose what kind of BTC wallets suits them. Thanks to the creator of this table, he managed to compare almost all of the BTC Wallets Features you can find out there. so that we don't have a hard time comparing it our self. I advise you guys to see this wonderful BTC Wallets Features Comparison Table made by Veriphi whoever He/She is, He/She made a helpful table for us to distinguish the what kind of wallet that suit us. If this BTC Wallets Features Comparison Table helps you, all credits to the creator Veriphi. If you have something to add in the description, just post it here for us to benefits from it and for the newbies, you are free to ask here most of the veterans here will answer your questions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aZ1zbaUEzCo9NCctN8-eL2VLIiSdY009tTJvRXDUWEw/edit#gid=0

Table not mine, credit to the real owner Veriphi

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 06:24:00 AM

You can see the blog post associated with this spreadsheet on their website here: https://veriphi.io/en/blog/software-wallet-analysis. It gives a thorough explanation of what all the different categories mean and how they ranked the individual wallets. There is also a follow up blog post which discusses some additional wallets which they added to the spreadsheet more recently here: https://veriphi.io/en/blog/wallets-analysis-update.

I think the disclaimer at the top left is the most important part of the spreadsheet, actually. This is looking at software wallets only. A software wallet used on an internet enabled device and not on an airgapped device is not going to be as secure as a hardware wallet. The best solution for most new users to crypto who don't want to run their own node continues to be using a good hardware wallet such as a Ledger device, and pairing it with a software wallet which offers maximum functionality, such as Electrum.

They've also produced a similar spreadsheet for Lightning wallets: https://veriphi.io/en/blog/lightning-wallet-analysis
Lachrymose

Activity: 1330
Merit: 967

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 06:43:58 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2020, 06:54:34 AM by Lachrymose

Thanks for the reminder, bud. This file was shared by Wind_FURY when I was newer in the forum, but I couldn't share this file in the local forum because I forgot where and who shared it. This is a pretty useful guide for newcomers.

A software wallet used on an internet enabled device and not on an airgapped device is not going to be as secure as a hardware wallet. The best solution for most new users to crypto who don't want to run their own node continues to be using a good hardware wallet such as a Ledger device, and pairing it with a software wallet which offers maximum functionality, such as Electrum.

I agree with what you say about this, the internet speed is slow in countries like the Turkish Republic very difficult to run a Bitcoin node (synchronization can take a couple of weeks). Therefore, I usually recommend users to use a hardware wallet or Electrum. Besides, users need to learn that the most important point to pay attention is also back up mnemonic words. This is as important as which wallet they use.

Also, even though this is not mentioned in the table, wallets that run on the Tor network, like Wasabi or Samourai don't run in some countries because the Tor network is banned.
joniboini
Legendary

Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2020, 08:45:52 AM

Also, even though this is not mentioned in the table, wallets that run on the Tor network, like Wasabi or Samourai don't run in some countries because the Tor network is banned.

There is some workaround for this, such as using VPN or encrypting your DNS traffic. It might slow down your network but worth trying if you want to use those wallets. Or just use an alternative with more or less the same features.

Putting wallets integrated with nodes behind SPV ones give me serious thought to his  awareness in all that  field.

Are you referring to his Armory recommendation? I think his 'ranking' is considering all factors mentioned and then use it to conclude the overall assessment. This is why the reasoning for Armory is not recommended is because "outdated & complicated".

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 09:21:18 AM

I posted this on our local board and I also think this would help a lot of newbies and existing users to carefully choose what kind of BTC wallets suits them. Thanks to the creator of this table, he managed to compare almost all of the BTC Wallets Features you can find out there. so that we don't have a hard time comparing it our self.
Comparisons like that are needed, in past bitcoin.org got comparisons in similiar (list) way but now they dont do this anymore.
People need to know why they would install wallet A instead wallet B, what are core differences and what you can expect.
Not everyone is tech savy or have time to research it themselfs.
yazher (OP)

Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 11:46:41 AM

There you go, thanks for more information @o_e_l_e_o

Since I started on this forum there haven't that many wallets you can choose, There are only few of them. As we can see right now there are lots to choose from and with that lots of choices you really need to know more information about comparing each wallet together. I'm really glad I've found this Table and share it with you guys. Trust me you will be needing this Comparison Table in the future when you hold a big amount of BTC.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 05:35:01 PM

Trust me you will be needing this Comparison Table in the future when you hold a big amount of BTC.
I can't see the best wallet for BTC in the lost above. If someone is holding a big amount of BTC, I doubt they would go trust theid fund such wallet. There are paper wallet, hardware wallet like Ledger Nano etc for long time holding.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 06:17:42 PM

While the comparisons might be useful, the recommendations are shit. Recommending a wallet based on purely political reasons is stupid (IMHO).

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1787

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 11:41:55 PM

Still not seeing a new breed of bitcoin or multi-currency wallets that are not so popular but still used my many crypto lovers in there like Trust wallet, Atomic wallet, Otherwise that one nice list there.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2020, 02:15:00 PM

But at the end even those vaults are nothing more than a  storage for the blockchain copy.

There is no reason to store the copy of the blockchain in such a vault.
On the one hand, this copy would be outdated 10 minutes after creating it (at the moment a new block is mined and added) and additionally this is publicly available information and not secret at all.

The only thing worth storing there, are the private keys which allow you to spend your BTC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: